Board logo

Red Hot Chill Beans + Travising (+ Matt Dj'ing???)
dunnerz - 9-2-2003 at 14:46

Yep, you probably seen the posters around campus

but next saturday, red hot chill beans and travising are playing in the underground

+ i think matt is dj'ing inbetween

wicked!!!

tickets are only about £4.50 as well, i think!

so whos going then????
(p.s. you can take that as a yes i'm going!!)

mojo - 9-2-2003 at 20:25

i'll probably go......tho is all depends on what else is happening

*mojo*

hazey jane - 10-2-2003 at 19:13

just thought i'd post something to see if that 'currently listening to...' thing works. i wonder if the chili beans (yum) will be semi-naked?

Spark Tarpauline - 10-2-2003 at 19:17

i wouldn't mind going, but is it this saturday? im going home for the weekend for my bro's 18th!!

dunnerz - 10-2-2003 at 19:53

Quote:
Originally posted by hazey jane
just thought i'd post something to see if that 'currently listening to...' thing works. i wonder if the chili beans (yum) will be semi-naked?

lets hope not

even more - lets hope that the travis band aren't!!!!!!!

mojo - 12-2-2003 at 00:12

i think i'll buy my ticket tomorrow-should be an alrite night

*mojo*

dunnerz - 12-2-2003 at 00:24

me to, im gonna get mine!

xjohnx - 12-2-2003 at 00:35

I'll go

travis cover band ugh, it's not that travis are particularly awful (i don't like em but i got nowt specifically against em) but if you could be a tribute to any band ever, why on earth pick travis??? they are pretty dull songs to play lets be honest

anyhow the rest of it sounds like fun so i'll go get a ticket tomorrow

peace
xjohnx

dunnerz - 12-2-2003 at 12:15

hopefully they will just play the first album. with a few hits from the second (writing to reach you and driftwood) and wont touch the rest

hopefully!!

mojo - 12-2-2003 at 13:49

i got my ticket......judging by the number on it...i don't think that many people are going, mind you, it is only weds!

*mojo*

The Womb - 14-2-2003 at 16:02

Our uni really does suck.

dunnerz - 14-2-2003 at 16:29

the tics only came out wednesday - there was a probelem with them

it wont sell out - but should be popular!!

mojo - 14-2-2003 at 17:22

yeah it shuld be good i'm looking fwd to it

*mojo*

Simon Dyson - 16-2-2003 at 00:27

Travising are a really good tribute band. They manage to capture the mindnumbing boringness of Travis really well. Sing sing sing, turn turn turn etc. etc. etc.

**stargirl** - 16-2-2003 at 02:38

aww, well i found it fun. more fun than the silly red hot chili beans. they sucked. and the singer was wearing a wig. and they come from london. and his tattoos were drawn on in marker pen. and that's all a terrible shame really isn't it? xx

mojo - 16-2-2003 at 02:40

hehe.......i thought that they were both good tribute bands...... and i had fun anyways.....but now i need sleep, or maybe i should write some more essay hehe

*mojo*

Matt Paradise - 16-2-2003 at 02:46

I think the two cute DJs were the best. Not sure about the smelly bloke who played wanky metal though.

xjohnx - 16-2-2003 at 06:37

Travis are dull and boring, i had way more fun with the chillis coz i stayed at the back and me and ian danced like crazy people, man noone else was dancing to suck my kiss......ok i shouldn't have been dancing to that i know.....

still no slam pit tho

peace
xjohnx

2 cute dj's? dammit!, i must have missed that bit

dunnerz - 16-2-2003 at 14:52

travising - i my opion, were great!!! - they were only there for a bit of fun, and didnt take themselves too seriuosly!!!

red hot ... were ok - not really into the chili's myslef, but didnt think that they were too bad at all

and the dj's - made my night obviuously!!!

The Womb - 16-2-2003 at 15:07

Hands up who remembers when Travis were fantastic? Before they went all "And if we sing, turn, side, cage, safe, line, sing turn cage safe line..."

dunnerz - 16-2-2003 at 16:02

yes, although i never bought the first album, i did have it on tape some where - didnt think it was the best ever album, but not bad - then bought the man who the week it came out - thought it was ok.

then once it because SGR'ed (new term - quite like that) - it all went down hill from there!!!

Simon Dyson - 16-2-2003 at 16:08

The Travis band were shit - they stood there looking really bored and insisted on cracking bad jokes to make up for the lack of good music and tell us to hang around cos a good band will be on soon. The singer was strangely singing in an American accent too.

The Chilli's band were good fun - they played well, they were really into it and had a good stage presence. Who cares if the hair and tats were fake!

**stargirl** - 18-2-2003 at 15:22

john, you couldn't have missed the two cute djs if you tried... unless you were looking in a mirror all night. *adds winking emoticon to look like she isn't being a bitch* xx

xjohnx - 18-2-2003 at 17:35

haha
yeah i knew ther had to be a good reason

mind you i did see too geeky little indie kids, is that who you were referring to?

peace
xjohnx

mojo - 18-2-2003 at 19:01

Quote:
Originally posted by xjohnx
i did see too geeky little indie kids,

hehe i like that .......

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 18-2-2003 at 20:45

from matt and mirella:

WE'RE NOT INDIEKIDS - MEH!

from mirella: how many times do i have to tell people i'm not an indiegirl??!! *pouts*

from matt: OR GEEKY!!!!

from mirella: well, matt might be...

xxx (that third x was from matt)

xjohnx - 18-2-2003 at 23:59

oh it wasn't you, oh ok then

must have been someone else, man those indie kids were soooo geeky, you should've seen 'em

they could've stepped right out of an indie/emo kid online journal

peace
xjohnx

mojo - 19-2-2003 at 00:33

Quote:
Originally posted by **stargirl**
from matt and mirella:

from mirella: how many times do i have to tell people i'm not an indiegirl??!! *pouts*

what's wrong with being an indie kid? where i'm from that was cool.....

*mojo*

xjohnx - 19-2-2003 at 01:07

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo
Quote:
from matt and mirella:

what's wrong with being an indie kid? where i'm from that was cool.....

*mojo*

na they're indie geeks...trust me, ther's a big difference

peace
xjohnx

Simon Dyson - 19-2-2003 at 11:27

Mirella doesn't like been pigeonholed - that's why she dresses like an emo kid but acts like an indiegrl - it makes her look unique

(you know I'm only joking Mirella )

xjohnx - 19-2-2003 at 13:10

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Dyson
Mirella doesn't like been pigeonholed - that's why she dresses like an emo kid but acts like an indiegrl - it makes her look unique

(you know I'm only joking Mirella )

you got it the wrong way round, she dresses indie and acts emo

be careful mirella, it''s one step away from a personal online journal and website, you know the type of thing where peole post pictures of themselves not quite looking at the camera, in a really sort of irritating, sort of endearing, but still totally pretentious way.

oh wait, your favourite film is amelie isn't it....get away from me emoified one

peace
xjohnx

dunnerz - 19-2-2003 at 22:32

i agree an indie kid is a bit geeky

but if you have that kinda chilled out student / indie not trying to hard look about you

then ya cool

a bit like me!!!

i am sam - 19-2-2003 at 23:20

well. i just got back from my brief holiday, so...

the travis band were REALLY REALLY good. much better than the real travis. no, really. i know you don't believe me, but i really enjoyed them. at least they seemed to perform with the knowledge that they were just a shitty tribute band with crappy equipment that kept breaking, and no-on reeally wanted to see them, and could laugh about it. the chili beans were far too serious.

matt. you're so geeky- you liked dr who.
mirella. you're such an indie kid- you have a helen love clock.

HOWEVER being geeky and an indie-kid is great so long as you're other stuff as well, like NOT TOTALLY ANNOYING.

samuel.

xjohnx - 19-2-2003 at 23:54

Dammit! i'm annoying, and i'm clearly a nerd.

So sam, am I total scum?

peace
xjohnx

Matt Paradise - 20-2-2003 at 13:13

This is what we've been trying to tell you all along.

**stargirl** - 20-2-2003 at 16:33

*giggles violently at matt's comment*
sam - yes, travis were so unpretentious they were great! but what's indie about a helen love clock?! all these 'real indiekids', who feel they're so well-versed in indieness they can judge me, don't like helen love! and anyway, apparently i dress like an emokid because i wear cords. according to them. so there. *pouts*
i'll say it again, just in case,

I'M NOT AN INDIE OR EMO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that's about all i have left to say on this post. xx

Simon Dyson - 20-2-2003 at 17:45

Their unpretentiousness made them even more boring. At last PHCP looked like they bloody wanted to be on the stage.

mojo - 20-2-2003 at 17:49

i think you have to take the mick out of yourselves if you're going to be in a tribute band...i mean, why don't they form their own band?!

*mojo*

i am sam - 20-2-2003 at 19:41

mirella, i would say out of everyone i know who posts on this board, you're the biggest indie kid by what i would define as an indie kid... THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.

i think indie-kid is a misused word (much like 'grunger' was back in the day... cos we all owned the complete mudhoney and screaming trees back catalogue, right?). in my opinion being an indie kid is kind of how you dress (fairy wings and homemade t-shirts and flared cords give you indie points), it's kind of what music you like (damaged goods records, antifolk, etc), and it's kind of your general aura.

if it makes you feel any better i would class both adam green and graham coxon as indieboys.

really, mirella you are SUCH an indiegirl in my opinion... but that's why i like you.

**stargirl** - 20-2-2003 at 20:30

mirella, i would say out of everyone i know who posts on this board, you're the biggest indie kid by what i would define as an indie kid...
i am nOT!
THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.
Yes It Is. because then you get poked and prodded and called an indiekid!!!

i think indie-kid is a misused word (much like 'grunger' was back in the day... cos we all owned the complete mudhoney and screaming trees back catalogue, right?).
then why do you use it??
in my opinion being an indie kid is kind of how you dress (fairy wings and homemade t-shirts and flared cords give you indie points),
apparently that makes me an emo kid anyway
it's kind of what music you like (damaged goods records, antifolk, etc),
but you like damaged goods too don't you? and antifolk?
and it's kind of your general aura.
i've told you before sam, don't believe any of this aura rubbish!!

if it makes you feel any better i would class both adam green and graham coxon as indieboys.
ooh... actually... nah, indieboys they may be, but that's my point - they're a trillion times more indie than me, so that kind of label is justified!! but i'm not indie!!!
really, mirella you are SUCH an indiegirl in my opinion... but that's why i like you.
aww, that's so lovely sam, and know that your opinion counts for a lot, but i'm just not indie enough to be an indie kid. and indie kids don't have any friends - and i want friends!

but thanks you for trying to make it seem like a nice thing. no-one else on this board does... xx

Spark Tarpauline - 20-2-2003 at 22:03

wow an eye catching (for catching please read hurting) display of colour

i am sam - 21-2-2003 at 00:04

i said "it's kind of what music you like (damaged goods records, antifolk, etc)"
then mirella said "but you like damaged goods too don't you? and antifolk?"

yes. i do like them and i would call myself an indie kid although i don't really feel like i am one...hmm, maybe i see your point then... i don't think i'd like someone else calling me an indie kid because i like so many more different types of music than just indie (well, not SO many).

OK mirella, i concede. although i still think of you as an indie-kid you don't have to be one if you don't want to.

i am sam - 21-2-2003 at 00:09

hmm, and as an afterthought. neither mirella or matt are emo-kids mainly due to the fact they don't like emo (much.)

emo kids hang around emo gigs and cry a lot.

indie kids hang around indie gigs and er, join the indie soc.

xjohnx - 21-2-2003 at 00:38

all true enough but stereo typing music scenesters is funny because such obvious stereotypes don't exist

There is no such thing as stereotyped emo, hardcore, indie, metal or indie people, just a collection of silly jokes that make us laugh.

I did used to dress more hxc when going to gigs, ie plain white t-shirt, black trousers, close cropped or shaved hair, cheap 2nd hand baseball cap (buying it in a sweat shop supplied shop is wrong obviously) and a 'drug free' hoodie which don't fit me no more....yeah man i was in tha sceeeeene

hahaha it was fun to mock myself see

emo kids and indie kids are just as mockable with their broken heart t shirts and scarves

The funniest thing ois that some of you took my mockery of emo and indie kids seriously

peace and love
xjohnx

mojo - 21-2-2003 at 00:42

Quote:
color]

but thanks you for trying to make it seem like a nice thing. no-one else on this board does... xx[/color]

hey i always sed it was a good thing.......

*mojo*

xjohnx - 21-2-2003 at 11:26

i think you're taking yoursellf way too seriously mirella, try self mockery ...tis fun

why do indie kids take themselves so seriously

peace
xjohnx