Top 5 Thread II: The Sequel
Jon - 2-10-2004 at 23:16
Top 5...Underrated Songs (in my opinion)
1. Headswim - Tourniquet
2. Killing Joke - Millenium
3. Pulkas - Rubber Room
4. Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria [Glory Fades]
5. b.l.o.w. - Handfull (sic) of Nails featuring The Man Who Wasn't There [Kula Shaker rippd off this song for 'Grateful When You're
Jon - 2-10-2004 at 23:45
1. Touch Too Much
2. Let Me Put My Love Into You
3. Girl's Got Rhythm
5. Whole Lotta Rosie
Jon - 2-10-2004 at 23:46
1. Alive & Amplified
2. A Little Bit Of Love
3. Messin' In The Dressing Room
4. Electric Sweat
5. Shake That Bush Again
cabo wabo - 3-10-2004 at 19:56
3) i wanna be me
4) pretty vacant
5) holidays in the sun
rose_is_rose - 4-10-2004 at 00:35
top 5 cities/places i want to visit (that i havent been before):
3 rio de janeiro
4 new york city
5 the deep south...tennessee, west virginia, the carolinas
Mercury Rising - 4-10-2004 at 07:09
Weekdays (excluding weekends)
Jon - 4-10-2004 at 18:34
1. Keith Chegwin (by miles!!!!!)
2. Peter Purves
3. Gyles Brandreth
4. Andy Crane
5. Trevor and Simon
[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Jon]
Mercury Rising - 5-10-2004 at 06:07
I'm not sure that's entirely fair. Back in the day Trevor and Simon had something - they were the antiChegwin and managed to be slightly
grown up in an admittedly peurile way. Let's have that picture again, though.
[Edited on 5-10-2004 by Mercury Rising]
Jon - 5-10-2004 at 19:24
Hmmm....ok, I accept your point on Trevor and Simon...
May I then replace them with these two? I saw them on stage once and were just NOT funny...
Mercury Rising - 6-10-2004 at 07:00
dexterpanik - 6-10-2004 at 09:45
little and large were just the poor man's cannon and ball.
TakeMeOut - 6-10-2004 at 13:59
Im so so impressed with the trevor and simon clip, swing yer pantsss
TC - 6-10-2004 at 14:08
1. Old Amsterdam
2. Mature Gouda
3. Mature Edam
Mercury Rising - 6-10-2004 at 14:15
1. Old Amsterdam
2. Mature Gouda
3. Mature Edam
james collitt - 6-10-2004 at 14:17
Top 5 Charakka songs
1. Bring on the Night
2. Taking Shots
4. We are divided
5. Fight song
[Edited on 6-10-2004 by james collitt]
TC - 6-10-2004 at 14:17
contraversial! though i admire you're opinion on this topic, i feel that you are wrong!
Maverick - 6-10-2004 at 14:18
Mercury Rising - 6-10-2004 at 14:20
I'm just upset you started out on Dutch cheese instead of English. Though I suppose it would be difficult to limit a 'top english
cheese' list to 5. Hurrah!
TC - 6-10-2004 at 14:22
indeed. a top 5 english cheese list would be a tall order. there are too many delightful examples from which to choose
rose_is_rose - 6-10-2004 at 15:07
top 5 cheeses from all over
1 goat cheese
Maverick - 6-10-2004 at 15:08
2. danish blue
3. mature chedder
4. port salut
rose_is_rose - 6-10-2004 at 15:46
top 5 celebrities with dark hair
1 jake gyllenhall
2 pj harvey
3 ryan adams
4 kathleen hanna
5 neko case
dexterpanik - 6-10-2004 at 15:51
top 5 hot drinks according to the brilliant saz:
*Miss World* - 6-10-2004 at 15:53
jazzy - 6-10-2004 at 16:17
we are divided
i wanna be your slave
Maverick - 6-10-2004 at 16:23
1. Taking Shots
2. Above The Water
3. Night Blind
4. Fight Song
5. We Are Divided
but it's tough to choose..
Jon - 6-10-2004 at 16:55
- Crosse & Blackwell
blown away - 6-10-2004 at 17:04
no I won't give my cheese top 5. Too controversial
rose_is_rose - 6-10-2004 at 19:06
come on julien!! pleeeeeeeeeeease?
kittykat - 6-10-2004 at 20:03
top five david lynch films:
1. blue velvet
2. mulholland drive
3. lost highway
5. twin peaks: fire walk with me.
kittykat - 6-10-2004 at 20:06
top five hitchcock
2. strangers on a train
3. the 39 steps
4. north by northwest
5. the birds
rose_is_rose - 6-10-2004 at 21:16
top 5 woody allen:
1 sweet and lowdown
2 love and death
3 annie hall
4 everything you always wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask
kittykat - 6-10-2004 at 21:23
great list, haven't watched enough woody but:
2. sweet and lowdown
3. mighty aphrodite
4. everything you always wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask
5. bullets over broadway
rose_is_rose - 6-10-2004 at 21:28
i never saw celebrity but i heard it was bad...i guess thats not true?
kittykat - 6-10-2004 at 21:32
i love it, i found it really funny, i can understand why some people might not like it. i know kenneth brannagh pisses a lot of people off.
i_wear_the_trousers - 6-10-2004 at 21:34
a sound list apart from 'the birds,' which I think is terrible. I'm going for:
1 rear window
2 shadow of a doubt
4 north by northwest
5 strangers on a train
For top Lynch it's gotta be:
1 mulholland dr
2 blue velvet
3 lost highway
4 fire walk with me
5 the cowboy and the frenchman (it's on 'the short films of David Lynch'
kittykat - 6-10-2004 at 21:50
cock, i forgot all about rear window. you re right, the birds is terrible but thats why i like it so much, its so cheesy. tippi hedren is also my
favourite hitchcock girl. did you see that janet leigh died on sunday?
very jealous you ve seen the short films of david lynch.
i_wear_the_trousers - 7-10-2004 at 07:46
I have 'the short films of david lynch' on my computer.... I could probably put it onto a CD and give it to you at some point if you were
Mercury Rising - 7-10-2004 at 07:56
Is his official site still a pay site? I really should get around to signing up to is, because you can access all sorts of short films and things, as
well as that sadly nonsense Nissan advert.
Shadow of a Doubt
Strangers on a Train
I still find Shadow of a Doubt one of the most disturbing films I've seen, and I like Rope for much the same reason. That list isn't in any
order and I think Strangers on a Train is probably my favourite.
Woody Allen - again in no order
Hannah and her Sisters
Crimes and Misdemeanours
Love and Death
He always used to say that The Purple Rose of Cairo was his own favourite, although that may have been supplanted by something more recent. I think
Hannah and her Sisters is just perfect.
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 08:37
mike myers (in no order):
wayne's world 2
so i married an axe murderer
Return of Django - 7-10-2004 at 09:48
Top Five Book to Film adaptations
Coppola‚??s Godfather Part 1+2
Huston‚??s The Maltese Falcon
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 10:55
given the fact i've only seen half those films i'm certainly not saying this should exceed any of them on the list, but as a point of
interest i think fight club is a superb adaptation of the book.
Return of Django - 7-10-2004 at 11:06
I haven't actually read 'Fight Club', but i don't like the film as much as some people. Cool soundtrack, and Brad Pitt and Edward
Norton are great in it, but the twist was a bit silly. Maybe Chuck whatever his name is pulled it off rather more successfully in the book, but in the
film i just laughed at its implausibility.
And Helena Bonham Carter makes me physically sick every time l lay eyes on her monstrous visage. A more revolting countenance i couldn't
imagine. She was the only person in the Planet of the Apes remake who looked better as a primate.
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 11:14
i'll lend you the book. it's not his best one though. 'choke' is my favourite i think...
Return of Django - 7-10-2004 at 11:22
Yes, i read a synopsis of Choke and it sounds quality. Lend me that one instead.
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 11:24
ok. there's another one that i also really like, but apparently not enough to remember what it's called. it's got a religious cult in
it. i'll lend it you if you like choke.
Lo - 7-10-2004 at 11:26
Invisible Monsters = really really good. Started reading Diary but had to take it back to the library before uni. Arse.
Top 5 authors (no order):
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 7-10-2004 at 11:45
Top 5 Numbers
jazzy - 7-10-2004 at 12:13
you are wrong. clearly. the best numbers are:
jazzy - 7-10-2004 at 12:13
*removes tongue from cheek*
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 12:19
not a big fan of 68, but i'm basically in agreement on the rest of them.
TC - 7-10-2004 at 12:19
1. Beef (with Yorkshire Pudding)
2. Chicken (with Bacon and Sausage)
3. Lamb (with Mint Sauce)
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 12:22
TC - 7-10-2004 at 12:28
1. Jason Donavan
2. East 17
3. Coolio (2004)
4. Pat Sharpe
5. Coolio (2002)
Mercury Rising - 7-10-2004 at 12:44
girl.afraid - 7-10-2004 at 13:43
sam, survivor is the one with the cult. if you hadn't remembered already.
top 5 jeff noon books:
1. needle in the groove
3. automated alice
4. pixel juice
5. falling out of cars
dexterpanik - 7-10-2004 at 13:46
i hadn't - thanks!
kittykat - 7-10-2004 at 14:28
that would be great.
i_wear_the_trousers - 7-10-2004 at 14:29
I might be going to milkshake tonight in which case I could give it to you then.
AntManBee - 7-10-2004 at 14:32
1. Z (kind of a useless letter, but we like it anyway)
5. And G. Clearly.
Mercury Rising - 7-10-2004 at 14:37
1. rose_is_rose - Celebrities with dark hair
2. Jon - Brands of tinned food
3. dexterpanik - Mike Myer's films
4. self_five_for_the_big_dog - numbers
5. antmanbee - letters
Funky Fairy - 7-10-2004 at 14:50
Edward Norton films
American History X
jazzy - 7-10-2004 at 15:12
putting apostrophes in words that suggest plurality, not ownership.
not putting apostrophes in words that suggest ownership, not plurality
typing entirely in lower case lettering
i'm sure adam, sam and gavin will be able to top this list up...
Funky Fairy - 7-10-2004 at 15:15
im rubbish at grammer, anyway i didnt think it mattered as long as you get the general idea!
jazzy - 7-10-2004 at 15:17
i fall short on one of my top three list because i cannot be bothered with capitals...
i_wear_the_trousers - 7-10-2004 at 15:21
1 the one nearest the path
2 the one closer to the fence
Lo - 7-10-2004 at 15:55
1 Lamb - mint sauce
3 Pork - apple sauce
kittykat - 7-10-2004 at 16:55
not going to milkshake tonight but if you could give it to mr. leppard that would be brilliant.
i_wear_the_trousers - 7-10-2004 at 17:25
d'oh! I'm trying to get it copied in time but I can't guarantee it will be ready as my computer is quite slow and I have to go round
visiting flats in my capacity of student tutor from 7 onwards, but i'll try and get it done in that time.
Jon - 7-10-2004 at 21:26
- Sir Alan Ayckbourn
- Arthur Miller
- Joe Orton
- Susan Hill
- Willy Russell
Jon - 7-10-2004 at 23:35
1] girl.afraid 184
2] cinderella lips 167
3] Jon 162
4] moogyboobles 153
5=] Funky Fairy 118
5=] Colin DIS 118
rose_is_rose - 8-10-2004 at 01:01
Mercury Rising - 8-10-2004 at 06:11
* Not exactly grammar but the whole effect/affect thing.
* Homophone corner - their/there/they're in particular
Mercury Rising - 8-10-2004 at 06:12
... and five more that should have been there...
1. Henrik Ibsen
2. Luigi Pirendello
3. Eugene O'Neill
4. Lillian Helmen
5. Thornton Wilder
Mercury Rising - 8-10-2004 at 08:11
*1 im Lowercase 'i' and no apostrophe - I'm
*2 i Lowercase i - I
*3 didnt No apostrophe and slips into past tense didn't but really should be don't or for safety's
sake do not
*4 mattered Tense again matters
Here to help.
[Edited on 8-10-2004 by Mercury Rising]
BlackStar - 8-10-2004 at 08:29
1) Sir Alan Ayckbourn (absent friends)
2) J.B. Priestley (an inspector calls)
3) Marie Jones (Stones in his Pockets)
4) Stephen Mallatratt (and Susan Hill) the woman in black...
5) Arthur Miller (The Crucible)
...simon gray, alan bannett... and caryl churchill
dexterpanik - 8-10-2004 at 08:29
i always type in all lower case on here. anything else would take effort.
Cleverest_of_monkeys - 8-10-2004 at 09:27
top three (coz I'm crap and lazy) - crap wrestling names...
*Big Dick Dudley
Jon - 8-10-2004 at 18:16
yep yep...'Absent Friends'.....FANTASTIC script...I played John (ironically, a few years ago)
I saw 'An Inspector Calls' around 1994 with Barry Foster
(Van der Valk) as Inspector Goole. It was a fantastic production with the stage set-up on 2 levels and real rain! [don't believe the review - it
Others that just missed out on my list were...
- Berthold Brecht (Mother Courage and her Children)
- Stephen Malatratt (You're right Grace - he's the playwright, Susan Hill wrote the book )
- Alan Bleasdale (Boys From The Blackstuff - Yosser's Story))
- Oscar Wilde (The Importance of Being Earnest)
- Federico Garcia Lorca (Blood Wedding)
- Henrik Ibsen (An Enemy of the People)
[Edited on 8-10-2004 by Jon]
BlackStar - 8-10-2004 at 18:19
lol, yes he did and importance of being earnest is brilliant, saw my sister in
Jon - 8-10-2004 at 18:30
it is indeed....very witty!
Jon - 17-10-2004 at 10:14
- bat out of hell (meat loaf)
- bring your daughter...to the slaughter (iron maiden)
- faster (manic street preachers)
- bohemian rhapsody (queen)
- hey baby! (dj otzi)
rose_is_rose - 17-10-2004 at 15:38
here's 5 songs that andrew wk should cover, but probably won't....
1. hey ya
2. the harder they come
3. live forever
4. needle in a haystack
5. yellow submarine
Jon - 17-10-2004 at 15:48
Jon - 17-10-2004 at 16:28
2. Talk Tonight
3. Cum on feel the Noize
4. The Masterplan
5. Street Fighting Man
Jon - 31-10-2004 at 21:07
4. not applicable
5. not applicable
Jon - 1-12-2004 at 17:06
1. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Iron Maiden
3. Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
4. Jingle Balls - KoRn
5. anything from 'A Christmas Gift for You' - Phil Spector
slow riot - 1-12-2004 at 17:08
Top 5 buttons on my keyboard that don't work:
dulcie - 1-12-2004 at 17:32
in no particular order...
1. slow riot
2. i am sam
4. cherry blossom pig
5. miss world
AntManBee - 1-12-2004 at 18:18
I've only just seen this, and for now I have only one to add, which is...
* the use of prepositional 'of' instead of 'have'. You 'would of' gone, would you? What in the hell does that mean?
citizen_erased - 1-12-2004 at 18:19
1. Butterflies and Hurricanes
3. In Your World
5. Stockholm Syndrome
AntManBee - 1-12-2004 at 18:19
Top 5 shit employers
I'm sure Mark will agree with me on this one. Absolute cunts.
*Miss World* - 1-12-2004 at 20:57
I saw this too, around the same time, and also thought it was brilliant!
*Miss World* - 1-12-2004 at 20:58
Funky Fairy - 1-12-2004 at 21:38
ive never seen this before. thank you for your help.
EternalLife - 1-12-2004 at 23:12
2. Fresh laundry
3. The smell of rain
4. The smell of new books
5. My dreadlock shampoo
Becka - 1-12-2004 at 23:22
Top 5 people in my house who are cold
5) I had better put Carla on the list as she might be cold too
Becka - 1-12-2004 at 23:24
This list contains 45 items over the allocated limit, as stated in the title of this topic, so I think this post should be null and void
Becka - 1-12-2004 at 23:25
I take it that you have never worked for McDonalds then?
nome - 1-12-2004 at 23:27
mark, your posts never cease to amuse me.
nome - 1-12-2004 at 23:28
top five disgusting smells -
5. most of the men in the gym
[Edited on 1-12-2004 by nome]
AntManBee - 1-12-2004 at 23:57
Give me some credit
AntManBee - 2-12-2004 at 00:00
Top 5 smileys
1. - for the great eyebrow motion
nome - 2-12-2004 at 00:03
I started doing a top five worst smileys but i feel mean slagging them and (i assume) simon's creative skills off -
this one however - - scares me somewhat, he looks a tad manic!
AntManBee - 2-12-2004 at 00:13
I'm more concerned by this little fella
I think somebody should take a look at that. My goodness, this is very sad. I need to get out more
nome - 2-12-2004 at 00:15
he does seem to be permanently ill - perhaps we should call him colin?
only kidding colin, i love you really!
AntManBee - 2-12-2004 at 00:34
Can you change it Si? I think :colin: is the way forward for our sick friend here
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 09:59
There are some stinky women around the gym too
Mercury Rising - 2-12-2004 at 10:00
Bacon? That's clearly a mistake. I like the qualifier 'most' at the beginning of number five. If you did a top five smells list,
would 'some of the men at the gym' be on there?
nome - 2-12-2004 at 11:12
bacon is yucky (as far as i remember anyway) and the smell is even worse..
my five favourite food (and drink) combinations -
1. scone, jam and cream
2. jacket potato, cheese and beans
3. chocolate biscuits and coffee
4. white wine and crisps (esp. kettle chips)
5. banana and custard
now i have made myself very hungry!
[Edited on 2-12-2004 by nome]
Mercury Rising - 2-12-2004 at 11:16
Excellent list. I might add 'ginger cake' to the banana and custard if I was feeling gluttonous. Also black coffee and cigarettes - not
exactly food and drink but you know what I mean. I'm wondering if you might be a vegetarian so I'm not going to attract any more
'yucks' by talking about, say, roast chicken and lemonny gravy. Whoops.
Hollis Brown - 2-12-2004 at 11:17
top 5 people cooler than Pete Doherty-
if_only_ralph_were_real - 2-12-2004 at 11:24
No No No!!!!!
has to be in there!!!!
nome - 2-12-2004 at 11:38
mmm ginger cake is a good called, we lived off that when we went camping over the summer..i am indeed a vegetarian but i used to love roasts so i
won't yuck your roast chicken and lemonny gravy!
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 15:44
Top 5 ways to avoid writing essays
1) Post pointless comments on forums
2) Paint fingernails
3) Chat to everyone on MSN list, even if they aren`t there
4) Spend ages putting as many hair clips in hair as is possible, then spend ages taking them all out again
5) Moan to self about how cold it is, as there`s no one else home
I, of course, have not done any of these things. I am getting on with my work *koffyehritekoff*
slow riot - 2-12-2004 at 15:54
top 5 continents:
2. South America
3. North America
5. one of those cold ones
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 15:57
top 5 musical instruments
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 15:58
How could you have missed the comb and tissue paper off this list? Also shoe box and elastic bands. They really should have been in there somewhere
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 15:59
slow riot - 2-12-2004 at 16:01
top 5 swear words we are deprived of:
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 16:03
rose_is_rose - 2-12-2004 at 16:03
isnt there only one cold one? antarctica?
great list by the way
top 5 most expensive things i have purchased in the past month:
1 a bridesmaid dress $160
2 a haircut $27
3 dinner for me and my boyfriend at a pizza place $27
4 a dvd of the office which was a gift for said boyfriend $21
5 a tape converter for my car $17
[Edited on 2-12-2004 by rose_is_rose]
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 16:06
top five worst parts of the body to get really cold;
slow riot - 2-12-2004 at 16:06
I think there are 2 but I didn't know which one was which.
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 16:16
Top 5 cutlery items
2) Desert spoon
4) Tea spoon
slow riot - 2-12-2004 at 16:40
top 5 ascending integers between 1 and 5:
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 16:54
Honestly, this is no word of a lie, I was about to do that
AntManBee - 2-12-2004 at 17:02
I hate the smell of bacon too, even though I like the taste. The Nome is not alone
AntManBee - 2-12-2004 at 17:04
But he looks a little off colour. I'm not convinced
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 20:21
1- "Cheer up love, it might never happen!"
(Chances are, it did. That's why I look like this.)
2- "While you're down there!"
(If you crouch down in front of a guy. It makes me want to inflict serious pain.)
3- "Where did you leave it last?"
(When you've lost something)
4- "Listen at you!"
5- "Chimley" (Chimney) or "Drownded" (Drowned)
Actually, I could go on...but I wouldn't want to sound like even more of a pedantic, grumpy git.
rose_is_rose - 2-12-2004 at 20:29
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 20:37
I'm glad you agree! People always tell me not to be silly...but...it isn't funny!
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 20:47
How would they feel if you did start to undo their trousers "while you were down there"
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 20:50
I have no idea!
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 21:23
i hate it when people say;
1. "you look like i feel", especially when you feel fine, which leads on to
2. "you look knackered" also when you're feeling completely awake.
3. "turn that frown upside down" how about fuck off.
4. "that film was really weird" usually said after seeing completely average hollywood dross.
5. "oh! you're into that weird stuff...like travis" I shit you not someone said this to emma when she said she liked guitar bands.
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 21:28
Yes!! It's just so twee and sick...
And seriously, if you really turned a frown upside down you'd just look like a weird freak with upside down eyebrows.
kittykat - 2-12-2004 at 21:35
nome - 2-12-2004 at 21:35
I hate it when people say - "don't worry it might never happen"
i should read the whole thread before i post
[Edited on 2-12-2004 by nome]
TC - 2-12-2004 at 21:47
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 21:49
Like Aphex Twin
TC - 2-12-2004 at 21:50
1. Level 2
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 21:53
He's a scary man.
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 21:59
I know He would be at the top of my list of 5 scary men. I don`t know who would be
in the other positions ....
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 22:06
Hmm...I can't really think of any others...I'll get back to you on that one!
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 22:16
A sleazy Har Mar can be quite scary.....
TC - 2-12-2004 at 22:22
1. Costa Rica
4. Ivory Coast
5. Windward Islands
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 22:25
I just think he's awesome!
TC - 2-12-2004 at 22:35
4. Christmas World
Hollis Brown - 2-12-2004 at 22:42
top 5 people who annoyed me in the last year
1) Headmaster who threatened to expel me because i played an acoustic version of 'wish you were here' to the year 7's on the last day
2) The Chavs who tried to beat up my sister
3) The Essex admin department who spelt my name with one t
4) the other 49 members of my rugby team who turned down a visit to Robben Island and then took the mick out of me for being the only one who went
5) My flatmates who didn't know who John Peel was
EternalLife - 2-12-2004 at 22:43
1- Tom Clarke
2- Michael Stipe
3- Chester Bennington
4- Brandon Lee
5- Billy Crudup
Pfft...as if there are only 5. Where do I put Jonathan Rhys Meyers?!
[Edited on 2-12-2004 by EternalLife]
[Edited on 2-12-2004 by TC]
Becka - 2-12-2004 at 22:47
Top 5 vegetables that begin with the letter "C"
Jon - 3-12-2004 at 01:00
Another Top 5 people cooler than Pete Doherty
1. Gyles Brandreth
2. Joe Pasquale
3. Les Dennis
4. Bella Emberg
5. Mr.Red Steamin' hot Taco who's on fire from the planet inferno with lit fireworks in his hotpants...
citizen_erased - 3-12-2004 at 10:19
1. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
4. Sharkey and George
5. Fiddley Foodle Bird
if_only_ralph_were_real - 3-12-2004 at 11:25
I once heard someone say, " Oh my god he is such a goth....I mean, he listens to Coldplay....."
Becka - 3-12-2004 at 11:27
Top 5 things made of cheese
5) David Dickinson`s face cream
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 3-12-2004 at 11:33
Top 5 shades of green
1. dark green
2. light green
3. green/ black
4. really bright green
AntManBee - 3-12-2004 at 11:34
That's made my day!!
Matt Paradise - 3-12-2004 at 11:34
You forgot Racing car green.
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 3-12-2004 at 11:36
everybody rates racing car green, try to stay away from that scene.
Mercury Rising - 3-12-2004 at 12:14
Which, with me, often seems to lead on to "No go on, look at yourself in the mirror".
No, fuck off I don't want to know, I'm not looking at myself in the mirror, I already know I look shite.
TC - 3-12-2004 at 14:57
1. Lab A
2. Lab J
3. ESE Lab
4. Lab M
5. Lab next to SX Express
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 15:16
2- Dr Pepper
4- Orange Tango
Maverick - 3-12-2004 at 15:19
top 5 still drinks
1. blue powerade
2. orange powerade
3. lucozade hydroactive citrus
4. lucozade hydroactive berry
5. white chocolate milkshake
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 15:25
Hollis Brown - 3-12-2004 at 15:27
Return of Django - 3-12-2004 at 15:30
Whilst in Sri Lanka a few weeks back i found out that the most popular fizzy drink over there is called Portello. They market it by saying that
it's made from secret berries found in a secret forest. After tasting it i found out that it's just cherryade dyed purple.
And had anyone ever noticed how fanta tastes better abroad? The fanta in Sri Lanka, Thailand and Tunisia - and loads of other countries apparantly -
is lush, but here in england i find it pretty mediocre and not especially fruity. I seem to remember Michael Winner writing about this a few years
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 15:31
Dr Pepper tastes really different too...
Hollis Brown - 3-12-2004 at 15:35
The nicest coca-cola i had was in Reykjavik! Apparently something to do with the purity of volcanic water.
[Edited on 3-12-2004 by Hollis Brown]
Return of Django - 3-12-2004 at 15:36
Doesn't Dr Pepper taste awful everywhere?!
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 15:41
ah... I like it But not in Canada
jazzy - 3-12-2004 at 16:02
jazzy - 3-12-2004 at 16:03
Maverick - 3-12-2004 at 16:04
I'm a huge fan of the still fanta mcdonalds serve...
[Edited on 3-12-2004 by Maverick]
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 16:07
I hate that stuff!
Return of Django - 3-12-2004 at 16:10
Do McDonalds sell Root Beer in England? I remember that stuff from when i lived in Canada... looks like Coke but tastes rank. Really, really vile.
And, despite the name, it's not even alcoholic.
EternalLife - 3-12-2004 at 16:12
It tastes like mouthwash! My boyfriend (who lives in Canada, although I never shut up so everyone probably knows that) loves it. *shudder*
I always feel like I should swish it round my mouth then spit it back out
[Edited on 3-12-2004 by EternalLife]
Return of Django - 3-12-2004 at 16:21
Well i don't really condone spitting, but with root beer it has to be acceptable.
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 3-12-2004 at 16:25
Top 5 numbers that have been in the top 5 thread II: the Sequel
jazzy - 3-12-2004 at 16:30
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 3-12-2004 at 16:35
Top 4 letters E that have been in the title of: Top 5 thread II: the Sequel
Maverick - 3-12-2004 at 16:38
top 5 female voices of the 90s
1. beth gibbons - portishead
2. isobel m. - drugstore
3. toni braxton
4. skin - skunk anansie
5. courtney love - hole
actually - go back - whose that woman who sang that 'blood stain on a blue vein' song on UNKLE's 'Psyence Fiction' - her from
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 3-12-2004 at 16:45
Top 5 cm
4. 14.5 cm
Maverick - 3-12-2004 at 16:48
top 5 most frequently attended drinking establishments in colchester in last year:
1. Hogs Head
4. Arts Centre
5. The Castle
jazzy - 3-12-2004 at 16:54
5) the information centre
slow riot - 3-12-2004 at 16:55
1. "Eat my cheese, you mother!"
2. "You've got a chip on you shoulder there" ... BANG!
3. "I don't like it and I don't want to go home tonight"
4. "YES! It's an extender!"
5. "Let battle commence"
i_wear_the_trousers - 3-12-2004 at 16:58
I would have sworn it was "smell my cheese..." but given it is afforded poll position in your list I can only assume I am mistaken.
slow riot - 3-12-2004 at 16:59
Yeah, whoops - crossed wires.
Maverick - 3-12-2004 at 16:59
trousers is right you know!
slow riot - 3-12-2004 at 17:00
He's not wrong.
I just wan't paying attention when I typed it, probably.
Jon - 3-12-2004 at 23:06
rose_is_rose - 3-12-2004 at 23:32
what's wrong with you people? root beer is great!!
girl.afraid - 4-12-2004 at 00:31
top 5 pieces of slightly gossip related things i have been told/ have witnessed through my work of late:
1. shell from big brother did page 3 because she was 'a bit broke'. her boyfriend is my ex boss.
2. the assitant manager in my shop knocked over a chocolate fountain at the big boss' wedding. he tried to act nonchalant, even though it was so
noisy that everyone turned and looked, and walked into a glass door.
3. belle & sebastian are all very fond of deli food.
4. stephen pastel is lovely, and will soon be my friend.
5. someone pulled some random girl, came in her face, and then licked it off.
i'm the new girl. and i know this much already. i think i shall compile a dossier
citizen_erased - 4-12-2004 at 15:48
1. El Hadj Diouf
2. Sinisia Mihaijlovic
3. Christiano Ronaldo
4. Luis Figo
5. Craig Bellamy
[Edited on 4-12-2004 by citizen_erased]
slow riot - 5-12-2004 at 00:46
1. Mute Debutant
2. Serial Horseplay
3. Profound Wang
4. Please God Make Sure The Baby Is Normal
5. Fat Pig 2
EternalLife - 5-12-2004 at 01:40
1- He won't put a letter in the post for me, but he will drive from Norwich to bring it to me
2- He owns two guitars. He cannot play the guitar.
3- He came home laughing the other day because he nearly got kicked in the face by a horse
4- He knows the whole dance to The Ketchup Song
5- He says he likes Dr Pepper because it's misunderstood. That's the only reason
My dad is awesome!
[Edited on 5-12-2004 by EternalLife]
citizen_erased - 5-12-2004 at 12:50
how i envy you (apart from no.4 that is, which is just wrong)
[Edited on 5-12-2004 by citizen_erased]
citizen_erased - 5-12-2004 at 13:29
1. Whees i' the netty?
2. Weors me scran ?
3. Gan canny or we'll dunsh summick
4. Divvin' lie on the tetties again
5. Aye , tha spuggie is in a canny good fettle
Becka - 5-12-2004 at 15:46
Top 5 words in the name of this website
blown away - 5-12-2004 at 16:02
Top 5 cities in Europe
AntManBee - 5-12-2004 at 16:29
Top 5 Random Football Quiz Answers
5. The Gambia
nome - 5-12-2004 at 16:30
AntManBee - 5-12-2004 at 16:33
You had to be there, but it were class, like
Becka - 5-12-2004 at 18:53
How could I have forgotten the moon. Wallace will not be pleased with me
Hollis Brown - 5-12-2004 at 19:21
Top 5 people with my name
1 Top, 'eclectic' chef in Limetree restaurant
2 Australian Western League football player
3 Kellogs engineering manager
4 Leading Student in the political and ritual development of Tiwanaku
5 Member of a website about squids
Becka - 5-12-2004 at 19:26
No one else has my name, I unique
slow riot - 5-12-2004 at 23:27
1. Visiting Friends
2. Queen in My Pictures
3. Alvin Row
4. Winter's Love
5. April and the Phantom
TC - 5-12-2004 at 23:32
3. Stansted Airport
TC - 5-12-2004 at 23:34
2. Layer Road
5. Leather Bottle
TC - 5-12-2004 at 23:34
2. Stansted Airport
TC - 5-12-2004 at 23:39
1. Harwich - Hook Of Holland
2. Hull - Zeebrugge
3. Holyhead - Rosslare
4. Plymouth - Santander
5. Dover - Ostend
Jon - 5-12-2004 at 23:41
1. Lou and Andy
2. Mr. Man and Roy
3. "Call Me Bubbles"
4. Denver Mills
5. "Computer Says No"
TC - 5-12-2004 at 23:44
1. Scenic picture of the Cotswalds
2. Milking cows
3. Brixton Riots
4. A steam train going through the Scottish highlands
5. A cheeseboard
AntManBee - 6-12-2004 at 00:01
1. Micah P. Hinson - ...and the Gospel of Progress
2. Matthew Dear - Leave Luck to Heaven
3. Wire - Pink Flag
4. The Microphones - Song Islands
5. Sons & Daughters - Love the Cup EP
slow riot - 6-12-2004 at 01:33
Nice Mirah avatar Gavin, have you heard some of the other Microphones albums that she collaborates on? The Glow Pt. 2 and It Was Hot We Stayed In the
Water are well worth investigation.
Mercury Rising - 6-12-2004 at 07:42
Top five landmarks on my journey to work:-
1. The Buttermarket
2. The bit when you get out of Telford, thank fuck.
3. RAF Cosford
4. The Chubb factory
5. The Great Horse
Mercury Rising - 6-12-2004 at 07:43
I really like root beer but don't know anywhere here that you can get it.
Jon - 6-12-2004 at 09:46
1. Austin Maestro
2. Volvo 345
3. Renault Laguna
4. Fiat Panda
5. Ford Sierra
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 10:45
Top 5 people I can see in the library
1) Man sitting next to me
2) Girl in blue jumper who looks very dazed and confused
3) Man who keeps staring at the computer screen with a puzzled look on his face
4) Man in red "pornstar" t-shirt (who is wearing rather cool trainers)
5) Girl in blue t-shirt who has COVERED her desk with about a trillion books
Is one of these people you??
AntManBee - 6-12-2004 at 12:11
Top 5 Random Firefox Names
Rockajeglo - 6-12-2004 at 15:59
Top 5 reasons why Essex is a great place to live:
Shit. Didn't do too well there. Oh well Back to work...
if_only_ralph_were_real - 6-12-2004 at 16:02
Computer says no
dexterpanik - 6-12-2004 at 17:06
the great horse can't be that great if it's only at number five.
citizen_erased - 6-12-2004 at 18:14
1. Lawrence of Arabia
2. The Matrix
3. American Pie
4. Apocalypse Now
5. Get Carter
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 18:22
Top 5 Simpsons characters
2) Sideshow Bob
3) Troy Maclure
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 22:57
Or if you don`t work it`s always "How`s school / uni?"
citizen_erased - 6-12-2004 at 23:17
1. Synchronised fraternity handshakes
2. Small talk
3. Having 5 clinton card shops, just a few hundred yards apart in my home town
4. Rebecca Loos
5. Bermondsey tube stop
citizen_erased - 6-12-2004 at 23:18
arrgh! my eyes! memories of ash set at reading flooding back. change your avatar!
Hollis Brown - 6-12-2004 at 23:19
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 23:24
We have 2 Cinton Cards and 2 Waterstones not that far from each other.
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 23:25
citizen_erased - 6-12-2004 at 23:27
when ash were playing at reading festival this year, he invaded the stage and did a little strip tease. was not nice viewing.
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 23:28
Ahhh, don`t tell me that. I wasn`t at Reading this year Don`t want to hear
about all the good stuff that happened!
Becka - 6-12-2004 at 23:31
citizen_erased - 7-12-2004 at 00:31
citizen_erased - 7-12-2004 at 01:02
1. The pigeon-rat
2. Santa's Little Helper
3. Jub Jub
4. Mr Teeny
5. Mr Pinchy
[Edited on 7-12-2004 by citizen_erased]
Becka - 7-12-2004 at 07:55
What about the 3-eyed fish from the nuclear power plant, and Snowball?? Huh? What about them? LOL
Mercury Rising - 7-12-2004 at 08:14
They were in 'journey order' - really I think the Great Horse would have to be at number 2, after 'getting out of Telford'.
Top 5 usernames other than my usual one which I've used on here:-
2. The Purple
4. Dark Horse
Mercury Rising - 7-12-2004 at 08:53
Top five people who are supposed to be dead but who have in fact visited the forum as 'guests' and not signed in:-
1. Kurt Cobain
2. John Lennon
3. Mahatma Ghandi
4. Rin tin tin
5. Richard III
Jon - 7-12-2004 at 14:33
1. Bertice Redding
2. Richard Burton
3. Eric Morecambe
4. Harry H. Corbett
5. President Sadat of Egypt
nome - 9-12-2004 at 16:20
top two fashion items that i hate at the moment
1. the topshop bags that say 'the world revolves around me'
no it doesn't and no that isn't funny, you spoilt brat
2. those big fluffy 'ugg' boots
EternalLife - 9-12-2004 at 16:22
Agreed. Those boots are hideous.
And I still hate those jeans that say 'Gorgeous' or 'Lush' or some such crap across the bum. I want to make a pair that say
'Egotistical' and force one of those girls who wear the others to wear them.
TakeMeOut - 9-12-2004 at 16:31
the fluffy ones aren't ugg's, ugg's are suede, they're wannabees, and Jordan wore them like 2 years ago.... which is enough reason
to never wear them in the first place, why are people wearing them now.... Didn't they start of as part of hard house gear years back.... bearing
in mind a lot of hard house gear consists of very little..... and very weird things..... The worst ones are the ones with like a random illuminous
colour running through it. They remind me of the monster munch monsters they used to have on the commercials....
Oh well, each to their own, i probably look like i dressed in the dark most days
cherry_blossom_pig - 9-12-2004 at 16:33
top 5 cliff
wired for sound
the young ones
the 12th of never
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 16:35
I know a couple of girls that wear those boots sometimes. They used to be around in the hardhouse days in neon pink, but they seem to have re-emerged,
on the basis on the mighty Clem, in conjunction with short skirts and a healthy dose of cleavage. That said, utterly ridiculous and impractical though
they are, I can't say I particularly mind them. Unless Glum is wearing them, being Glum.
Mercury Rising - 9-12-2004 at 16:39
Top 5 obsessions of Corrine's that worry me:-
1. Cliff Richard
2. The Wurzels
3. That whole feet/gammon thing
4. Cheese (as something to be avoided. Sod your allergy, woman)
5. Murder, She Wrote
dexterpanik - 9-12-2004 at 16:39
...the ridiculously cheerful and ironically nicknamed shitehawk.
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 16:48
top 5 ridiculous things about the forum:
1. students moaning about having to do essays, shock horror. you're students - that's your motherfucking, uncleraping ruddy raison
d'etre... more or less
2. people with decent jobs jepardising them through the sheer addiction to such petty procrastination, hitting refresh sometimes as often as 17 times
a minute in the hope that something will have changed, sufficient to inspire somekind of emotion in them other than the abject apathy otherwise
coursing through their crack hungry veins
3. that'll do for now...
Jon - 9-12-2004 at 16:49
1. Cowboys From Hell
2. Mouth For War
3. Cat Scratch Fever
4. I'm Broken
5. Yesterday Don't Mean Sh!t
Mercury Rising - 9-12-2004 at 16:50
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 16:52
change that to 14 seconds... carry on
TakeMeOut - 9-12-2004 at 16:52
We know we have to do essays, but it doesn't mean we enjoy them. We are just expressing ourselves! Im sure you moaned about essays when you were
Becka - 9-12-2004 at 16:55
I don`t moan about having to do essays. I moan becuase I HATE COARTICULATION. My Literature essays are fun. I`m enjoying writing those
slow riot - 9-12-2004 at 17:02
1. crockery habits
2. bling bling
3. phantom limbs
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 17:05
five things most likely to be embraced by the supposed NME hating indiesoc populace wholesale next year:
1. crockery habits
2. bling bling
3. phantom limbs
TakeMeOut - 9-12-2004 at 17:07
self_five_for_the_big_dog - 9-12-2004 at 17:08
top 5 things Q will do next year:
1. realise more cock top 100 lists
2. re-issuse that list
3. put u2 on the front 10 times
4. sell less magazines than usual
5. rob marks idea of NME top 5 and get to Keane first.
TakeMeOut - 9-12-2004 at 17:12
Got the Keane thing down.... next stop - bling bling
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 17:15
give me bling over keane any day. I want to implant a grand piano in the singer's face. and from what I've seen there's room... for
that and an entire orchestra. On the other hand, sporting a huge, gold, diamond encrusted crucifix has value. It guarantees you a place in heaven
(sponsored by Coca Cola) don't you know...
TakeMeOut - 9-12-2004 at 17:20
Maverick - 9-12-2004 at 17:21
sorry - just playing the obnoxious card there.
slow riot - 9-12-2004 at 17:23
1. Dickheads that think that not jumping on people is fun at indie night
2. Keane Vs. The World: round 4
3. The new new new rock revolution. Is it a patch on the new new rock revolution?
4. 'Top 5 Thread - I: The Prequel' - did it sell out?
5. Chris Evans in "forget Peel, I'm back" shocker.
cherry_blossom_pig - 9-12-2004 at 17:32
top 5 southpark
1. the on where timmy and jimmy joins the crips
2. when jimmy takes steroids and cartman pretends to be handicapped.
3. where the guys attempt tp bereed a pig and dlephant.
4. when cartman pretends to be butter's robot.
5. cartmen finds out his mum is also his father.
kittykat - 9-12-2004 at 18:03
things to do to avoid doing essays;
2.go on the internet
5.clean the house and have a bath
nome - 9-12-2004 at 19:20
cherry_blossom_pig - 10-12-2004 at 15:01
top 5 sweeties.
kittykat - 10-12-2004 at 15:04
1. fried eggs
2. flying saucers
5. cola bottles
cherry_blossom_pig - 10-12-2004 at 15:08
yes sherbert. the dib dab ones. yummmmm. memoreis.
slow riot - 11-12-2004 at 01:34
Hector Crabstic1.ks Jingoist El Firste swelled with pregnant leanings of pseudo-amusement, his cranberry face jilted into a fuzzy complexion of
mothsandviolinsagainoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcfchhhhhhhhtyrebbfddhhghfhggffeeeEcho-liberation in a
2.tru3.mpetgreen perplexed the homoerotic somebody, trinkling with trite self-importaaaancethe]4.retgggggyyt short=adaged emotional via5.duct to
wersselfhocolat jaundiced my twixt companwich, resplendid with yesteryears loyal afterbirth. Vashti Bunyan renewing everyone else's rights.
nome - 11-12-2004 at 11:04
Most fucking useless and overrated invention
1.The dyson vacuum cleaner - upright version, how the hell are you supposed to hoover the stairs with it?! aside from nearly dropping it on my head
damn thing just sprung back and smacked me in the mouth and now my teeth and lip hurts
cleaning is dangerous.
Becka - 11-12-2004 at 11:14
Most accidents occur in the home while people are cleaning. I value my life too much. That`s why my house stinks
AntManBee - 11-12-2004 at 18:26
2. Live Journal
3. Type Pad
5. AOL Journal
NOT the forum
Luke_da_puke - 11-12-2004 at 18:57
Top 5 guitar solos
1. Red House _hendrix
2. All ALong the Watchtower_hendrix
3. Voodo Chile slight return_hendrix
4. Dazed and Confused_Led Zeppelin
5. Time_pink FLoyd
Luke_da_puke - 12-12-2004 at 00:18
Top 5 chess players of all time
1. Gary Kasparov
2. Robert Fischer
3. Alexander Alekhine
4. Borris Spassky
5. Mikhail Tal
TC - 12-12-2004 at 00:42
1. MTV Hits
2. Classic TV
3. MTV Base
4. The Box
5. Smash Hits
Luke_da_puke - 12-12-2004 at 02:15
Top 5 Squares
5. 1...err, is there a 1 :S
Becka - 12-12-2004 at 10:55
Yep. It`s the one with the Psychology building in it, down near South Courts
TakeMeOut - 12-12-2004 at 15:53
Top 5 chinese eats:
1)sesame prawn toasts
3)Chicken in satay sauce
4)sweet n sour chicken balls
5)egg fried rice
(aromatic duck/pancakes is in a league of its own)
Jon - 12-12-2004 at 18:39
...agreed on the crispy duck
mine would be...
1. kung po chicken
2. shredded chilli beef
3. roast pork chinese style
4. spring onion & ginger beef
nome - 12-12-2004 at 18:42
how can anyone eat a duck? they are just so so cute!
[Edited on 12-12-2004 by nome]
jtack - 12-12-2004 at 18:48
there's a guy in my flat who seems obsessed with trying to catch a goose from the lake
Becka - 12-12-2004 at 18:49
Even when they chase you round the lakes with that evil glint in their eye?
Jon - 12-12-2004 at 22:30
1. Brian Harvey
2. Timmy Mallett
3. Graham Norton
4. Carol Smillie
5. Anthea Turner
TakeMeOut - 12-12-2004 at 23:55
I know this is really bad and i shouldn't be admitting it... but i threw a can of strongbow(obviously it was empty) at timmy when he was at uni
on stage. (i was really bloody drunk though) I think i was upset that he was such a dirty old man and all my childhood memories were shattered....but
i shouldn't of done that.
TakeMeOut - 12-12-2004 at 23:59
eliminating the obvious (bush/blair)
3.Ainsley Harriot (sp?)
4.Natasha Beddingfield(i hate it when she says something about hip hop beats in one of her songs.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh die!!)
Maverick - 13-12-2004 at 09:13
Clearly the rocknroll section. I once squirted water at a comedian at our college who kept having a pop at members of the crowd and was going down
like a cheap ho (i.e. badly). He abandoned his act. I also once threw fruit at Tory frontbencher Bernard Jenkin when he visited our sixth form
college... but that's another story. I nearly got expelled...
TakeMeOut - 13-12-2004 at 13:39
There's commitment for you
Bozzaholic - 13-12-2004 at 16:05
1. Beaver Cleavage
2. Bastion Booger
3. Duke "The Dumpster
4. Spary Plugg
5. Papa Shango
Becka - 13-12-2004 at 16:12
Top 5 things I must do before I go home for the holidays
1) Finish British Poetry essay
2) Wrap friends Christmas presents (being done as we speak)
4) Have Christmas Dinner on Wednesday night. I hope no one expects me to cook!
5) See sexy Chesney "sex on legs" Hawkes (please detect the sarcasm there!)
TakeMeOut - 13-12-2004 at 16:53
1) Figure out what the hell one of my essay questions mean
2)write 2 and a half essays (before wed) woop woop
4)Decide what i'm doing, when i'm going home, am i going to liverpool on saturday....?!
Becka - 13-12-2004 at 17:01
Ouch!! Are you going to be able to get it done?
TakeMeOut - 13-12-2004 at 17:28
I'm gonn have to!!!!!!!!! arghhhh 'say a little prayer for' me
Jon - 13-12-2004 at 20:22
*stands up and applauds*
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 11:51
Top 5 Death In Vegas
2. Soul Autioneer
4. Put Your Hands Around My Throat
cherry_blossom_pig - 14-12-2004 at 12:20
top 5 death in vegas
4 neptune city
[Edited on 14-12-2004 by cherry_blossom_pig]
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 12:33
Top 5 Arsenal players this season:
1. Cesc Fabregas
2. Freddie Ljungberg
3. Thierry Henry
4. Ashley Cole
5. Dennis Bergkamp
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 12:50
1. cherry blossom pig
2. miss world
4. slow riot
TakeMeOut - 14-12-2004 at 12:51
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 12:52
lovely lovely lovely. Hamish in - genuinely touched - shocker
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 12:54
Is this because you claim I flirt with you?!
cherry_blossom_pig - 14-12-2004 at 12:55
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 12:58
Not her as well? World, you are relentless.
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 12:59
I'm joking... I'm a reformed person don't you know!
dexterpanik - 14-12-2004 at 13:21
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 13:24
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 13:35
someone thought she was my girlfriend at route a couple of weeks ago. comedy
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 13:36
you were in "top 5 forumites, part 1"
like i'd miss you out.
cherry_blossom_pig - 14-12-2004 at 13:37
oh so im not special enuff to be in part one!!!! *sulks*
[Edited on 14-12-2004 by cherry_blossom_pig]
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 13:43
I have no idea why - I only saw you for about two minutes during a trip to the bar... think that was the night I was introduced to Army Ben so I was
probably trying to hide!
jazzy - 14-12-2004 at 14:07
cut up. i didn't even make part 1 either
[Edited on 14-12-2004 by jazzy]
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 14:09
oh for god's sake. stop your whining.
jazzy - 14-12-2004 at 14:27
*suppresses a whimper*
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 14:37
Colchester's Good Psycho Guide:
1. Mental Andy
2. Mental Liz 2
5. Mental Liz 1
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 14:42
Is Dan Schmitz really that mental? I quite like him. And as for Mental Liz, I'm not sure which is which, but one came up to me on Friday and
starting yelling that she hadn't seen me for ages and ages, and I did get quite scared!
Return of Django - 14-12-2004 at 15:18
Mental Andy is so Mental that he needs a whole new list of his own.
I could give a hundred examples of his mentalism, but i'll stick to five.
1. I was leaving the may fair in wivenhoe, and was on my way to that pub by the waterfront. As we were walking through some church graveyard, i
jokingly said to my mate Neil 'are buddhists allowed to walk throught graveyards?'. Suddenly Andy jumped up from out of nowhere and
screamed, 'No.. Your Going to Hell.. Ha Ha'.
2. When the first time i met him he slapped me and run away shouting 'why do you hate me so!'
3. One WEEK before halloween i sat next to him on the no.2 bus. He said 'i can't wait for tommorow'. I said 'why'? He
replied, 'because it's halloween'. His suicidal look on his face when i told him he was mistaken was classic!
4. When he came up to me and two girls, catherine and charlie, in Ha Ha's and earnestly said to them, 'do you wear condoms? can't be
too careful these days'.
5. The numerous times he's threatened to slit my throat and then kill himself. The funniest was when i offered to provide both the knife and the
bleach, and he didn't know how to react.
Return of Django - 14-12-2004 at 15:19
On the bus today i passed a lorry which had on the side in big letters 'Schmitz' and a picture of an Elephant shaking its phallic trunk
Rather appropiate i thought.
dexterpanik - 14-12-2004 at 15:39
oh brilliant. not gutted.
*scrubs dulcie's name off of 'people i no longer like' list*
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:05
who the hell is dan schmitz. do i know him?
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 16:07
I think he came to Milkshake with me the night I was mistaken for your girlfriend... so maybe...
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 16:07
You live in Colchester therefore you have had sex with him. The matter you aren't in the man loving section is by the by...
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 16:08
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:10
i can categorically say that i have never had sex with dan schmitz. fact.
what does he look like / do / hang around with...?
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 16:12
6ft tall. stuble. rugged good looks. short dark hair. nose ring. kind of going out with Collitt's cousin Becky Simmonds, used to go out with a
Swedish girl called Fanny... Arts Centre veteran...
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 16:13
Has a nose ring / unemployed / often seen with Stuart... apparently known as "the good-looking one"...
[Edited on 14-12-2004 by *Miss World*]
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:15
oh god. i HATE that guy. ha ha! it all makes sense now...
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:16
ok here's a frightening thought. he knows my mum....
*Miss World* - 14-12-2004 at 16:17
Maverick - 14-12-2004 at 16:19
knows pressumably being a euphemism for 'services regularly'
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:21
dulcie - 14-12-2004 at 16:25
1. dan schmitz knowing your mum
2. dan schmitz knowing your mum
3. dan schmitz knowing your mum
4. dan schmitz knowing your mum
5. dan schmitz knowing your mum
AntManBee - 14-12-2004 at 18:44
Bergkamp ahead of Pires? Not sure about that one. Fabregas has been superb though: best teenager in the Premiership?
citizen_erased - 14-12-2004 at 21:22
I don't think Pires has been that great this season. Other than his goals, he hasn't done much else. Completely agree about Fabregas
though. Quality player!
slow riot - 15-12-2004 at 11:26
1. vashti bunyan - just another diamond day
2. of montreal - the bird that continues to eat the rabbit's flower
3. beach boys - surf's up
4. sufjan stevens - seven swans
5. sun kil moon - ghosts of the great highway
Return of Django - 15-12-2004 at 14:07
Top 5 songs about California
1. Marlena Shaw ‚?? California Soul
2. Frank Black - Los Angeles
3. Jose Feliciano - California Dreaming
4. Tupac feat. Dr Dre - California Love
5. Stereo Total ‚?? LA, CA, USA
cherry_blossom_pig - 15-12-2004 at 14:39
autumn sweater - yo la tengo
universal traveller- air
15th - fischerspooner
til the end - haven
les fleur - minnie ripperton
Becka - 15-12-2004 at 15:32
Californication by Hed Rot Pille Cheppers??
Rockajeglo - 16-12-2004 at 03:03
1) Anything about 'giving 110%'
2) Anything about 'coming in to do a job'
3) 'At the end of the day...'
4) 'It's a game of two halves...'
5) Anything not listed above that Steve Wigley mentioned during his brief managerial tenure at Southampton...
Mercury Rising - 16-12-2004 at 08:01
Top five football moments:-
1. 'And up steps a very brave man' - Stuart Pearce's penalty against Spain in Euro '96. I know I'm an Arsenal
supporter but I think this is still football's greatest moment ever.
2. '...it's up for grabs now!' - Michael Thomas' goal in the last seconds of the season wins the title for Arsenal at
3. 'Laudrup...still Laudrup...still Laudrup...the boy's a genius.' - Fabulous individual goal in Mexico '86 World Cup with
world class commentary. I was half way through the sixth form with no exams, no coursework deadlines, the games were on at 430pm and 1030pm and
inbetween we would all meet up on the college field to replay the best action. Likely to always remain my favourite world cup finals.
4. 'It is, it's four'. The rout against Holland in Euro '96. Didn't seem quite real.
5. 'Adam decides not to make up the commentary for this one even though nobody else would remember it and know what he was up to'.-
FA Cup 1979, Arsenal 2 Man Utd 0 with five minutes to go. United score twice. Arsenal win in last moment with goal by Alan Sunderland. Magic.
Return of Django - 16-12-2004 at 14:35
Top 5 songs about masturbation
The Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict
The Divinyls - I Touch Myself
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
Elvis Costello - Pump it up
The Pharcyde - On the DL
Maverick - 16-12-2004 at 14:47
1 - Tony Adams left footed half volley vs. Everton to clinch the title in 1998, put through by Steve Bould!!
2 - Michael Thomas - that goal, vs Liverpool 1989
3 - Arsenal celebrations after Wiltord clinched the title at Old Trafford 2002
4 - Alan Smith's volley vs. Parma, Cup Winners' Cup Final, 1994
5 - Ian Wright and Neil Ruddock's piss take celebration of the Di Canio/Paul Alcock incident. He should be in there for a goal but too many to
Mercury Rising - 16-12-2004 at 14:54
Billy Bragg - St Swithun's Day - "With my own hands, when I make love to your memory, it's not the same, I miss the thunder, I miss the
Mercury Rising - 16-12-2004 at 14:59
Unlike Smithy, I missed this as I was in casualty. I'd been playing five a side against Anglia tv and got elbowed in the face, opening a big cut
up underneath my right eye. The Anglia football presenter Kevin Presenter drove me to the hospital. When we got there, with me dripping blood over
the floor, the triage staff ignored me and started asking him sports' trivia questions. Mind you, he did get them all right.
Return of Django - 16-12-2004 at 15:00
1. David Platt‚??s volley against Belgium in 1990.
2. Robbie Fowler snorting the touchline as his inspired reaction to the ‚??Robbie is a cokehead‚?? gibes.
3. Maradona‚??s second goal against England in 1986. Unpatriotic I know, but that‚??s what happens when you let Sri Lankans into your country!
4. Stan Collymore‚??s 92nd minute winner to make it 4-3 against Newcastle in 1996.
5. December 2004: Steven Gerrard‚??s strike against Olympiakos to make it 3-1, after going 1-0 down, and take Liverpool into the next stages of the
champions league, thus making a 5th European Cup an inevitability. Or not.
Mercury Rising - 16-12-2004 at 15:03
More good choices. I did the commentary to that maradona goal in a thread the other day and nobody noticed.
Maverick - 16-12-2004 at 15:04
my favourite international game was Romania vs. Argentina in the world cup when the former won 3-1 I think. I also quite enjoyed Iran v USA!!
Return of Django - 16-12-2004 at 15:05
Direct me to said thread please.
Return of Django - 16-12-2004 at 15:15
Hamish, kindly add an 's' to the end of 'friend' on your signature.. it's been doing my head in reading that the last few
Colin DIS - 16-12-2004 at 15:16
Top 5 Footballing Moments
1) Fran Tierney tap-in at the Brittania Stadium in 2003 Vs Dagenham. Conference play-off final getting Doncaster in to the football league.
2) Saeed Al Owarian scoring Vs. Belgium in the 94 World Cup for Saudia Arabia. A Truley amazing goal.
3) Rene Higuitas cock-up Vs. Cameroon at the 1990 World Cup when Roger Milla showed him up and knocked Colombia out of the competition.
4) Tony Yeboah in succesive weeks for Leeds Vs. Liverpool & Wimbeldon with 2 of the best and most precise volleys I have ever seen.
5) Ronny Rosenthael miss for Liverpool Vs. Aston Villa. Too this day a bad miss to me is known as a Rosenthael.
jazzy - 16-12-2004 at 15:16
Mercury Rising - 16-12-2004 at 15:16
[Edited on 16-12-2004 by Mercury Rising]
Maverick - 16-12-2004 at 15:18
some excellent choices. 2 is one of the best individual goals I have ever seen...
jazzy - 16-12-2004 at 15:20
1) paul rideout's goal to win the 95 cup final against man utd
2) barry horne's 30 yard screamer against wimbledon in 94 - we knew we were afe when that one went in...
3) wayne rooney's 30 yarder against arsenal in 02, ending their 29 game unbeaten streak and annoucning his potential (shame he's joined a
lesser team now...)
4) mitch ward's goal against liverpool in the 93 derby and the resulting fight between mcmanaman and grobbelar
5) big duncan ferguson's header against liverpool in the 94 goodison derby - joe royle's first game in charge and a resounding victory over
the scum as well. lovely.
cherry_blossom_pig - 16-12-2004 at 16:05
1) david beckhams goal from the half way line
2) the 9 - 1 ( or was it 2) man U victory against ipswich
3) man u winning the double double
4) schmichael scoring a goal for united that time
5) cantona doing that sea gull and trawler analogy.
[Edited on 16-12-2004 by cherry_blossom_pig]
blown away - 16-12-2004 at 16:08
i don't know much about football but are you not being mixed up between david beckham and beechams flu tablets here ?
cherry_blossom_pig - 16-12-2004 at 16:17
massive flu tablet scoring a goal! i blame this keyboard. ruddy ting
AntManBee - 16-12-2004 at 18:40
If you're going to include Cantona, it has be for his kung-fu antics, surely?
Mercury Rising - 17-12-2004 at 07:18
Or else that goal he scored against, not sure, somebody odd, Luton possibly, from just outside the box, which was a real 'Roy of the Rovers'
volley, arms outstretched, straight leg swinging, perfect contact, ball flies into roof of net. When he did a 'Cantona on Cantona' thing on
tv ages ago that was what he described as his favourite goal.
Mercury Rising - 17-12-2004 at 08:03
Top five things I've done on last day of term/christmas party type things:-
1. Send 'that' e-mail
2. Wander around the room as everyone was leaving and drinking whatever was left on their tables. Out of their glasses.
3. Be very, very sick in the toilets at work whilst everyone else was still at the party, go home, be very very sick (red wine style) all over the
bathroom at home, wait for Helen to clean it all up, be very very sick (red wine style) all over the bathroom again, be banished from home and fall
asleep in office far too close to smell of sick from nearby work toilets.
4. Somehow or another get home in one piece after number 2 above (though not without being sick on the train) and then have to go out carol singing.
5. Have a surprisingly nice time always and, perhaps worryingly, attract smiles and 'oh well, it's just Adam again' comments.
Merry christmas, one and all
[Edited on 17-12-2004 by Mercury Rising]
if_only_ralph_were_real - 17-12-2004 at 10:03
I'm actually glad I saved myself much embarrassment by not going to Thank Fook its Christmas this year‚?¶after nearly throwing a pint all over
Mirella as she served me at the bar and various other incidents‚?¶
[Edited on 17-12-2004 by if_only_ralph_were_real]
dangermouse - 17-12-2004 at 10:27
...thanks for that little reminder.
Maverick - 17-12-2004 at 10:46
5 people on here who contributed to a beaut of a night last night, in no particular order:
3. miss world
4. i am sam
dexterpanik - 17-12-2004 at 10:48
top five songs you don't normally hear at milkshake but you did last night:
1. freedom fighters - the music
2. 99 problems - jay z
3. she left me on friday - shed seven
4. the man don't give a fuck - sfa
5. bodies - sex pistols
dulcie - 17-12-2004 at 10:52
dulcie - 17-12-2004 at 10:53
tune. i danced my indie socks off when that little gem came on.
Maverick - 17-12-2004 at 10:54
top 5 comedy moments from last night
1) Bala dancing to Jay-Z
2) A drunken Collitt trying to work his way into Tyler's girl kissing antics
3) Spam falling over - constantly
4) Schmitz's solution to arguing with his two women of choice - contemplating being gay and asking if he could pull me
5) Bala dancing with Saz and Jo Fuller
Maverick - 17-12-2004 at 10:55
see. who needs credibility when you're in the fun section!
dexterpanik - 17-12-2004 at 11:21
collitt was doing his old 'push their heads together so they kiss more' routine last night. such a classy man.
schmitz spent a lot of time talking to gavin last night - would loved to have known what they were saying. although in light of this revelation maybe
dan was chatting him up..?
Maverick - 17-12-2004 at 11:25
I think they were saying
'I hate you'
'Why do you hate me?'
'I just hate you'
'Would it help you change your mind if I punched you in the head again?'
Top 5 Bala Skills:
1. Running a shop, obviously
2. Reading palms
3. Resisting interrogation and torture
4. Hip hop dancing
5. Being the nicest bloke in the world. period.
nb. for anyone not in the know, Bala is our friendly local shopkeeper. He runs East Hill Superstore... and last night came out with us, bought us
champagne and laid on the finest sit down meal ever seen in a kebab shop.
jazzy - 17-12-2004 at 11:26
numbers 1 amd 4 have been played before
jazzy - 17-12-2004 at 11:43
>collitt was doing his old 'push their heads together so they kiss more' routine last night. such a classy man.
dexterpanik - 17-12-2004 at 11:54
don't try and out-pedant me jazzman - do you normally hear those 2 songs at milkshake?
Maverick - 17-12-2004 at 11:54
the women touching shitehawk of doom-stress-face-mushroom.
jazzy - 17-12-2004 at 11:56
i stand corrected
dexterpanik - 17-12-2004 at 12:13
is that list in order? if it is surely reading palms should be a bit further down..?
dexterpanik - 17-12-2004 at 12:14
Jon - 17-12-2004 at 12:56
1. Being part of the hoardes at Wembley when Gazza's free kick went past Seaman in '91
2. David Platt's last minute goal in Italia'90
3. Spurs 7, Southampton 2...after being 2-1 down
4. Beckham's free kick against Greece
5. Arsenal losing to Wrexham in 1992
...and another great footballing moment of mine is here
Return of Django - 17-12-2004 at 16:04
Top 5 records i've listened to in the last couple of weeks for the first time in ages and had completely forgotten how stupendously fantastic
1. The Clash - London Calling
2. Dinosaur Jr - Where you been?
3. Mobb Deep - The Infamous
4. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
5. Big Star - Third/Sister Lovers
slow riot - 20-12-2004 at 15:27
1. the centre of the sun
2. the stomach of the mightiest whale of the mightiest ocean
3. in front of a charging herd of 30,000 buffallo that have recently ingested a cocktail of speed and pcp
4. in a concrete grave
5. about to tread on a bar of soap at the top of a 10,000 feet high flight of spiral stairs with no handrail
dexterpanik - 20-12-2004 at 16:36
dexterpanik - 20-12-2004 at 16:37
top five people i'll be waking up in the same house as on christmas day (in age order):
1. bob fuller
2. lesley fuller
3. jo fuller
4. ben fuller
5. naomi fuller
dulcie - 20-12-2004 at 16:38
1. a didjeriedoo
2. a book about how to play the didjeriedoo
3. a bonzai tree
4. a book about sausage and mash
5. a harmonica
blown away - 20-12-2004 at 16:41
hey ! that's what I asked my parents for christmas
Return of Django - 20-12-2004 at 16:42
Top 5 injuries I have incurred as a result of being the victim of some random Saturday night Essex style unprovoked ultraviolence.
1.Left black eye
2.Right black eye
4.Cut on back of head
5.Nose which won‚??t stop bleeding
Clearly the xmas spirit is alive and well in Colchester. Brilliant!
dexterpanik - 20-12-2004 at 16:54
fucking hell - where did that happen?
dulcie - 20-12-2004 at 16:55
cool. i'm tempted to keep it for myself
Return of Django - 20-12-2004 at 17:01
Kinda round the back of the playhouse, bout 2am-ish. I'm not looking too pretty at the moment, but i reckon come xmas day the bruises would have
subsided a fair bit. Shame really... i'd had a quality time on Friday (as you probably know since my intoxicated self woke you up at some stupid
hour), and saturday was great as well until that happened. Oh well.. just means i feel even more justified in my decision to go to Australia in
January. You brits don't deserve me!
jazzy - 20-12-2004 at 17:08
jesus h. christ. hope it all clears up soon mate. some people are cunts aren't they?
dulcie - 21-12-2004 at 15:53
1. mark richardson
2. steve hewitt
3. clive deamer
4. matt tong
dexterpanik - 21-12-2004 at 15:55
was mark richardson in skunk anansie?
dulcie - 21-12-2004 at 16:12
he was indeed.
dexterpanik - 21-12-2004 at 16:21
i like him - he went up to skin at a gig and said 'your band's really cool except your drummer, who's shit - you should let me
be your drummer...' or words to that effect, and that's how he got in the band. nice action.
couple of questions: who are the other three? why's harris not on your list?
dulcie - 21-12-2004 at 16:25
steve hewitt - placebo
clive deamer - portishead and roni size
matt tong - bloc party
john harris - charakka
not on my list, because i prefer jim's beats to john's. no offence to john.
Return of Django - 21-12-2004 at 16:28
Sam, was that fella who was sleeping in the same room as me on friday night your drummer? I recognised him from somewhere, although admittedly i was
in no fit state to make any kind of lucid mental connection on that particular occasion.
dexterpanik - 21-12-2004 at 16:35
chaz - yes, when you came round on friday night at about half 3 and woke up myself, sally, baz, hamish and john, it was indeed john the drummer who
you slept in the same room as. it was also john who you kept awake for most of the night with your constant sqirming around and occasional kicks to
dulcie - why does jim always get the credit for the beats? it's not fair. but i'm glad you like them. but i still think john is the best
drummer this side of... nepal.
Return of Django - 21-12-2004 at 16:42
Yeah aplogies for that, especially as it was the night before a gig. To be fair to myself, it was all James' fault. He literally forcefed me
mushrooms at 1am, after i'd been drinking for 6 hours and had begged him to 'give some to the students instead, please!'. And then
after saying 'lets go back to mine' he goes straight to bed and leaves me on my own. I vaguely remember Collitt lying in bed in the foetal
position saying 'please Chaz, I can't handle it' and me shouting 'for a big lad, you're a fuckin lightweight', which a)
was not true, and which b) was what probably woke you all up. Sorry.
dexterpanik - 21-12-2004 at 16:49
i heard collitt whimpering 'but i'm so tired chaz - i just want to sleep,' and you replying with 'we're all tired james -
stop being such a pussy.'
bottom line though - if someone says it was collitt's fault, it most probably was, so you are forgiven. to be honest i wasn't that
bothered, and it may not have even woke me up if sally wasn't there, but she had a long day at work ahead and hence was unimpressed.
still your apology is a damn sight more than anyone got out of james!
Return of Django - 21-12-2004 at 16:55
Well apologise to Sally on my behalf. And tell her that if it's any consolation, i took a kicking on Saturday..... Karma?
dexterpanik - 21-12-2004 at 16:57
hey - you're the buddhist!
dulcie - 21-12-2004 at 17:23
in my opinion, jim's beats are more overpowering than john's. alot of the bollocks behind the band comes from jim. in my opinion.
slow riot - 21-12-2004 at 17:38
Dulcie, you should listen to Lightning Bolt, they're drumtastic:
dulcie - 21-12-2004 at 18:01
i do listen to lightening bolt.
TakeMeOut - 21-12-2004 at 18:10
I don't know you, but still, that is really fked up, people like that really bugger me off. I hope they feel shit about it and have a shit
christmas. You on the other hand, I hope you have a really lovely time, and it all clears up okay.
slow riot - 21-12-2004 at 18:21
TC - 21-12-2004 at 19:15
3. Golf-ball sized hail
5. Monsoon rains
BlackStar - 21-12-2004 at 19:16
i'd love to be in an tornado
slow riot - 22-12-2004 at 13:00
1. Destiny's Afterbirth
2. Is It Socially Acceptable For Duelling With Sticks to be Socially Marginalised?
3. Exactly What Kind of Audio Lottery Did My Ears Just Win?
4. Just How Profound Is Infinity? (On a Scale of Nought To Infinity)
5. The Parable of Spears and Her 'Difficult' Sophomore Tits
dexterpanik - 22-12-2004 at 13:07
mark i really think you should form a band. chances are it would have a ridiculous name and be absolutely brilliant.
slow riot - 22-12-2004 at 13:13
Yeah, but would it be "cool"? Actually techinically I'm in a band (and 2 of the other members are online now), though our creative
output has been somewhat limited recently. Perhaps if we recruit this young lad we would reach our collective creative peaks:
Colin DIS - 22-12-2004 at 13:27
Wrestling matches of all time...
1) Hulk Hogan Vs. Ultimate Warrior @ Wrestlemania VI
2) Shane McMahon Vs. Kurt Angle @ King Of The Ring 2001
3) Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam @ ECW The Doctor‚??s In 96
4) Bret Hart Vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper @ Wrestlemania VIII
5) Hardyz Vs. Dudleys Vs. Edge & Christian TLC match @ Summerslam 2000
Just missing out is the whole career of the legend that is Mick Foley!!!!
dulcie - 22-12-2004 at 14:29
Return of Django - 22-12-2004 at 14:31
Seconded.. as long as i can join in a Bez-esque capacity.
Maverick - 22-12-2004 at 22:36
I thought I heard you in the middle of the night Chaz. Collitt's first bad trip me up. Are you Mr. Mushroom, they asked. Barely, he whimpered
Top five guests sleeping at Brook Street Friday night:
1) Katie Bates (I got to touch her)
2) Sally Callaby (Sam got to touch her)
3) Baz (he left beers behind)
4) Harris (lovely man)
5) Chaz (he woke everyone up and was heard - oo-er - screaming in Collitt's bedroom, manhandling the barely conscious, vast faced psycho..)
Bozzaholic - 23-12-2004 at 09:36
A little contraversial there mate (thats probably because i'm more in to the japanese and british wrestling scene)
1. Toshaiki Kawada Vs. Mitushu Misawa
Triple Crown Championship
June 3, 1994; AJPW "Champions Carnival"; Tokyo Japan
2. American Love Machine" Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero ("Los Gringos Locos" vs. El Hijo del Santo & Octagon
Double Hair vs. Double Masks
November 6, 1994; AAA "When World Collide" Pay-Per-View; Los Angeles
3. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Intercontinental Title match
April 7, 1987; WWF WrestleMania III; Pontiac, Michigan
4. Lioness Asuka vs. Jaguar Yokota
3WA World Title
August 22, 1985, All Japan Womens; Tokyo
5. The Rock vs. Steve Austin
WWF World Championship
April 1, 2001; WWF "WrestleMania X-7"; Houston, TX
[Edited on 23-12-2004 by Bozzaholic]
Colin DIS - 23-12-2004 at 10:04
I nearly put in some of the Jushin Liger Vs. Brian Pillman matches as they were soo ground breaking but there were some pretty big botched spots. Some
Japanese wrestling is great but other matches... they make CZW look world class!!! Would like to see some more of the mexican Lucha Libre stuff as it
is not stop action but considering how shakey their superstar (Super Crazy) is, it kinda puts me off...
Sorry, this is a subject I am really in to!
dulcie - 23-12-2004 at 10:35
1. house special rice
2. chicken in garlic sauce, cantonese style
3. chicken balls! chicken balls! (with sweet and sour sauce)
4. egg and pork noodles with beanshoots
5. the free bottle of lambrini you get if you spend over a tenner
jazzy - 23-12-2004 at 14:43
the law of obligations - zimmerman
tort cases & materials - hepple, howart & matthews
product liability - wright
remedies for orts and breach of contract - burrows
the law of restitiution - chieveley & jones
dulcie - 23-12-2004 at 15:27
hmm...10 guesses what your dad does for a living then
TC - 23-12-2004 at 15:36
1. White phone with previous BT logo on it.
2. Plastic moose from a cereals box, laying on its side.
3. Speaker, switched on with no sound from it.
4. Bulgomme drinks mat.
5. A plastic platypus
[Edited on 23-12-2004 by TC]
Colin DIS - 23-12-2004 at 15:41
Ttitle: Top 10 things....
TC - 23-12-2004 at 15:55
TakeMeOut - 23-12-2004 at 17:13
How could i forget this! I usually get pretend champagne
TakeMeOut - 23-12-2004 at 17:23
top 5 non electrical apliances in my living room right now:
1. My dog
2. The big fluffy white rug on which my dog is asleep
3. The big leather sofas, ahh
4. The christmas tree
5. These big long stick things in a plain glass square vase
6. The table that used to be a tea tree
(okay thats 6)
top 5 non electrical things i don't like about the living room right now:
1. The wooden floors- ive slipped over twice since ive been back
2. The way the wooden blinds still have gaps in them and it scares me that people could be looking in.......
3. This weird arty heavy ornament thing my mum bought my dad for an anniversary present back in the day which is now used as a doorstop!
4. the phone, its shit
(thats all, seen as i went over my limit on the first 5)
RadioEd - 23-12-2004 at 17:25
top 5 albums listened to today, by me:
1. junior boys - last exit
2. x-ray spex - germ free adolescents
3. mark lanegan - bubblegum
4. fennesz - venice
5. nmh - accordian peas
blown away - 23-12-2004 at 21:54
really ? I downloaded that too, I wasn't very impressed
RadioEd - 24-12-2004 at 11:02
dude you should definitely give it a chance. it's a beautiful record, simple, sensual, gracious. "teach me how to fight" is probably
one of my favourite songs of the year. i might have to go listen to it now in fact...!
Bozzaholic - 24-12-2004 at 11:59
I've seen super crazy live at a FWA show (quite a big british fed) and he had an ok match, it was fun and he was quite a nice guy (unlike when i
met Justin Credible who was a complete ass). The best Japanese stuff to look for is mid-90's AJPW stuff, espiecally Misawa, Kawada, Jumbo Tsuruta
(mainly early 90's), Giant Baba (mainly late 80's), Kenta Kobashi.
Try and watch Kawada/Misawa 6.3.94 although you may have to look up the background to the match to really "get" why its seen in my eyes as
the greatest match of all time.
If you want a good introduction to Japanese Puro (not the crappy FMW bouts that you mentioned). i'd suggest trying to find some stuff from the
1994 and 1995 super J cups as they feature a few recogniseable faces (Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Jushin Liger) and the matches are top notch. a good
start would be the 1995 final between Jericho and Benoit as its American Wrestlers working the "Japanese Style" making it a little easier to
watch. I'm also very in to my wrestling
EDIT - a quick top 5 of something to stay on topic
TOP 5... DVD's I own
1. The Football Factory
2. Eternal Sunshine of a spotless mind
4. City Of God
5. Monty Python and the holy grail
[Edited on 24-12-2004 by Bozzaholic]
RadioEd - 25-12-2004 at 10:20
top 5 activities to participate in in any jd wetherspoon pub to stop oneself vomitting out of boredom after 30 mins:
1 - sleep, the lack of atmosphere shouldn't make this too difficult
2 - order some food (i particularly recommend the belgian waffle)
3 - chat to the staff, there's always an amusing anecdote to be told
4 - only pop in for a cheeky half
5 - try to set fire to another customer's hat (possibly one of the funniest things i've ever seen)
[Edited on 25-12-2004 by RadioEd]
Bozzaholic - 25-12-2004 at 12:12
hahahaha, i'll have to try some of these
top 5 xmas presants i received
1. Malcom in the middle series one DVD
2. Evanescence "Anywhere but home" DVD
3. Placebo - "Once more with feeling" CD
4. "That Peter Kay Thing" DVD
5. Bottle of jack daniels
Bozzaholic - 25-12-2004 at 14:17
I'm really sorry to double post but i need to add this..
top 5 things which annoy me
1. the toilet seat never staying up
2. running out of toilet roll
3. seeing someone you dislike and having to act like you like them as you havnt seen them in years and they are being friendly
4. seeing the losers from your year at school posting how great they are now on friends reunited
5. switching on the light and the bulb blows
alex - 26-12-2004 at 13:12
top five fingers:
2: thumb (ok, maybe not strictly a finger!)
5: third/ring finger (it's rubbish)
BlackStar - 26-12-2004 at 21:22
i've been slagged off on FR. god if i ever see my ex best friend again...grrr. its weird cos they live around brentwood and i havent seen them
a bloke from my year...he left in year 11 but still lives in my village and goes out with a girl in my year. he is a complete arse, and totally lied
on FR. i just fucking laugh at him whenever i see him. pathetic.
nome - 27-12-2004 at 00:35
Top five things i did during my time as a sales assistant in the linen section of a department store -
1. make a dress out of bubble wrap
2. jump on the pillows and duvets we kept in the back stockroom for the display beds
3. play eye-spy
4. play i went to the supermarket and bought a...
RadioEd - 27-12-2004 at 09:55
top 5 highlights from my waitrose (branch 120) career:
1 - sleeping for half a shift on the top shelf in the warehouse
2 - wrapping a mate up in cling film and duct tape on his last day, forcing him into a freezer, and ordering him to lick a metal pole. this resulted
in the top layer of tongue skin being removed and his blood painting waitrose red throughout the course of the day.
3 - watching a melon thrown by by me explode on a colleague's head
4 - helping to create a zoo made up of animals constructed from milk cartons to cheer up a depressed girl
5 - appointing myself as chief fire safety officer after a co-worker burned himself on a light
Bozzaholic - 27-12-2004 at 14:19
Top 5 highlights in my career at tescos highwoods
1. being flashed by a drunk girl
2. fruit cricket in the warehouse (i work on fruit and veg)
3. telling my one of my bosses that his idea "fucking sucks" on the shop floor on a busy saturday afternoon
4. watching someone crash a cage of potatoes then watching with glee as the crates spilled over the floor
5. having 5 customer complain about me after me and a collegue spent and entire shift argueing with the same comebacks
Me: You're immature
Him: No you are
Me: No you are
Him: no you are
Me: No you are
(repeat for 9 hours)
Top 5 Highlights in my career at Megabowl
1. Elbow dropping a workmate macho man style off the air hockey table in front of customers
2. watching a customer use a bowling ball far too small for his hands and laughing as the ball ended up going through the ceiling (i kid you not)
3. eating childrens birthday cake without them or their parents noticing while it was in the back of the wimpey
4. hosting a party booking while wearing one of the customers bra's
5. having a girl ask for my number while wearing the wimpey uniform (you should see the uniform... eugh!)
RadioEd - 27-12-2004 at 19:39
dude we should open a shop
jamjizzle - 31-12-2004 at 12:59
turkey with cranberry sauce rocks.
citizen_erased - 1-1-2005 at 19:04
1. Too cold
2. No shops open for days on end
3. When places are open they are too fecking busy
4. Same damn cheesy santa songs on the radio
5. Same fecking Macualy Culkin crap on the TV
Jon - 1-1-2005 at 20:13
2. Endless repeats of Morecambe & Wise Xmas Shows from the '70s
3. Xmas Dinner
4. TOTP2 Xmas special repeated...again...but that's cool
5. Playing with the kids' new toys (...and if they're lucky then they can play too )
blown away - 1-1-2005 at 20:21
Ten reasons to hate starbucks
1. 3 euros for a (shit) capucinno
2. 4 euros for a (very dull) sandwich
3. you have to pick up your coffee yourself at some stupid counter
4. nobody tells you how it works when you get in so you can wait for your coffee forever
5. everyone in there shares the same sugarbowl or pot ( well whatever thing that contains the sugar ! )
6. a coffee = 5 inches of tasteless mousse + 10 cl of coffee
7. half of the customers are looking down on you
8. you can't even find stuff you can normally have in caf√©s
9. why the hell would I want a "frappucinno" ?
10. everybody loves starbucks regardless of all the disadvantages stated above
nome - 1-1-2005 at 23:59
yeah i totally agree, starbucks is horrid and the only time i went to starbucks i walked into the toilet to discover a man pee-ing having not locked
the door and he was ugly and old which made the whole starbucks experience even worse (there is one unisex toilet before someone tells me i was in the
five reasons to hate fast food
1. they are not cheap (¬£3.50 for a meal is not cheap)
2. the food isn't good
3. nor is it fast (the queues are usually huge)
4. why the hell would i want to supersize that crap?! (yes i know they've got rid of that option)
5. people love it because they think it's cheap and fast when really it's not..
and no it does not taste nice before someone says it does
AntManBee - 2-1-2005 at 09:36
Days on end? Most shops were only closed for 2 days. It's hardly a catastrophe.
Maverick - 2-1-2005 at 16:33
top 5 songs on my old Pulp rarities tape I dug out the other day:
2. The Professional
3. Mile End
5. Common People - Motive-8 Discoid Mix
rose_is_rose - 2-1-2005 at 16:37
5 more reasons to hate starbucks....
they introduced a silly elitist "coffee" vocabulary such as grande, tall, etc in order to make idiots feel like they are cool///people who
dont regularly visit starbucks feel like idiots.
they are running all the mom and pop places with personality out of business.
being in there is pretty similar to being in mcdonalds as all the furniture and decor in every starbucks is exactly the same tasteless hard plastic
this is particularly depressing as coffee houses are supposed to be cozy places where you can get comfortable and hang for a few hours, whereas
mcdonalds is a fast food chain and these are by nature supposed to be uncomfortable and crappy!
apparently the streets of manhatten are rampant with starbucks which makes me very sad as i like to think of manhatten the way it looks in the woody
allen movie and now it is slightly spoiled.
[Edited on 2-1-2005 by rose_is_rose]
Bozzaholic - 2-1-2005 at 19:22
I went in to a starbucks in London and the decor wasn't too bad... wooden laminated floor, brown leather couches, soft lighting, etc
although i think it cost me something like ¬£4 for a hot choclate
anyways... moving swiftly on...
Top 5 movies directed by Kevin Smith
4. Chasing Amy
5. Jay & Silent Bob strike back
citizen_erased - 2-1-2005 at 23:52
1. Jo Brand
2. Jimmy Carr
3. Harry Hill
4. Al Murray
5. Frank Skinner
citizen_erased - 3-1-2005 at 00:19
1. Nick Griffin
2. Luis Aragones
3. Ottis Ferry
4. Jimmy Carr
5. El Hadji Diouf
[Edited on 4-1-2005 by citizen_erased]
[Edited on 4-1-2005 by citizen_erased]
Jon - 3-1-2005 at 11:34
1. All Day Breakfast
2. 'Pret Christmas Sandwich'
3. Big Roast Beef
4. Mature Cheddar & Pickle
5. Turkey, Bacon, Avocado, Mayo
Jon - 3-1-2005 at 11:38
Totally agree with all...it must have been a difficult choice when there's others such as Roy 'Chubby' Brown about as well
Jon - 3-1-2005 at 11:47
...after watching that show on C4 last week ---> inspiration!
1. Eric Morecambe
2. Ronnie Barker
3. John Cleese
4. Steven Fry
5. Rowan Atkinson
at this point i'll mention me old chum Ian Irvine...a Wickford
boy...although not quite in the top 5 mate
[Edited on 3-1-2005 by Jon]
rose_is_rose - 3-1-2005 at 17:03
much as i hate pret for being owned by mcdonalds the brie, tomato and pine nut sandwich is to die for.
Jon - 4-1-2005 at 10:43
it annoys me that...can't believe that McDickheads own them
citizen_erased - 4-1-2005 at 17:37
1. Plug In Baby - Muse
2. Look What You've Done - Jet
3. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
4. 57 - Biffy Clyro
5. Live Forever - Oasis
[Edited on 4-1-2005 by citizen_erased]
slow riot - 4-1-2005 at 18:10
1. Alvin Lucier - I Am Sitting in a Room
2. The Hacker - Fadin' Away (Dima remix)
3. Junior Boys - Last Exit (Fennesz remix)
4. Deerhoof - Rainbow Silhouette of the Milk
5. Robag Wruhme - Hugendubel
Jon - 5-1-2005 at 00:14
i prettymuch agree with all of them...how on earth can 'the middle' be the best track off Bleed American?
Mercury Rising - 5-1-2005 at 09:00
Top five jobs I did before this one:-
1. Library assistant, reference library. Where people went to find out useless crap before the internet. This was an endlessly diverting job that I
thought seriously about doing forever.
2. Library assistant, children's library. Basically a full time story reader.
3. Legal assistant, various Norwich solicitors. Lots of injunctions, lots of children's proceedings, bits of social security and housing. A
different sort of endlessly diverting.
4. Health and Safety assistant, HMP Shrewsbury. Wandering round the prison testing water temperature (insert joke about the showers) (insert joke
about use of the word 'insert' or watching contractors working and making
sure they didn't leave too many tools lying around.
5. Bingo caller. Actually this was a shite job but I've run out of other good ones.
Mercury Rising - 5-1-2005 at 09:02
Top five things about being back at school today...
I'm struggling here, to be honest.
Jon - 6-1-2005 at 00:44
1. "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been, that there was a
Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the
2. "We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron.
They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of
that, kind of like lukewarm water"
3. "May I start by saying how thrilled we are to have you here. We are such fans of your music and all of your records. I'm not speaking of
yours personally, but the whole genre of the rock and roll."
4. Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".
5. "These go to eleven..."
Colin DIS - 6-1-2005 at 12:04
Bands I Had Forgotten How Ace They Were Until Last Night!!!
3) Dream City Film Club
dulcie - 6-1-2005 at 12:07
oh my god yes.
Maverick - 6-1-2005 at 12:08
Jump in a fashion jump up jump up in a STYYYYYYLE!
Colin DIS - 6-1-2005 at 12:30
I adored 'Frantic', still do in fact... you can blame that song for me wanting silly pig tails and red bows (will revert with a pic if I can
find one so you can see what I am on about)
Jon - 8-1-2005 at 21:51
very catchy tunes...i like!
Fantastic live band...saw them at the Army & Navy in '98. They were mindblowing. 'Rubber Room' gets the occasional airing on the
road when I'm reminded
Jon - 8-1-2005 at 22:13
1. Merry Xmas Everybody
2. Gudbuy T'Jane
3. Mama Weer All Crazee Now
4. Cum On Feel The Noize
5. We'll Bring The House Down
girl.afraid - 8-1-2005 at 22:25
they might even have some new songs sometime. there are whispers.... unfortunately, for just now, poor little bastards are back in the 'real
slow riot - 10-1-2005 at 20:13
1. Tom Rapp
2. Vashti Bunyan
3. Kevin Ayers
4. Mark Kozelek
5. Linda Perhacs
blown away - 10-1-2005 at 20:31
(very personal ) top 5 songwriters that are very well known and very highly rated (which is a good thing)
1. Neil Young
2. Bob Dylan
3. Ray Davies
4. Nick Cave
5. Jackson Browne
Jon - 11-1-2005 at 01:05
1. Black Grape - Reverend Black Grape
2. Manic Street Preachers - Life Becoming A Landslide
3. Monster Magnet - Negasonic Teenage Warhead
4. Dodgy - Water Under The Bridge
5. Shed 7 - Dolphin
Maverick - 11-1-2005 at 09:06
5 members registered to here that I've known the longest:
1. James Collitt (1989)
2. Matthew Walsh (1991)
3. dexterpanik (1997)
4. trilby_wearing_bassist (1999)
5. monkeybeats (2001)
cherry_blossom_pig - 11-1-2005 at 09:56
top 5 new bands that have rocked my christmas ( no order)
the go! team
dulcie - 11-1-2005 at 10:29
i really like kinesis. they're really young, aren't they? i remember everyone hailing them as the new manics, which i thought was quite
funny. what happened to them, do you know?
dexterpanik - 11-1-2005 at 13:44
didn't they get roundly shafted by independiente? by shafted i don't actually mean bumshagged, just not promoted and then dropped. i
dulcie - 11-1-2005 at 13:56
you might be right, i think they got dropped. they never really took off.
Mercury Rising - 11-1-2005 at 14:52
people on the forum I have spoken to:-
all of the different usernames that are actually me can probably add up to the fifth one,sort of.
Lo - 11-1-2005 at 15:07
Top, well, eight (call me indecisive) newish songs that I've really really liked this Christmas - oh, and not really in any order either:
1 When You Sleep - Longview
2 Bottle Rocket - The Go! Team
3 Broken Bones - Sons and Daugters
4 Honest Mistake- The Bravery
5 Wires - Athlete
6 No Brakes - The Bravery (mostly for the "can I leeeeave it up to youuu" bits)
7 Into The Fire - Thirteen Senses
8 Salty Dog - Flogging Molly
[Edited on 11/1/2005 by Lo]
Jon - 11-1-2005 at 23:28
Top 5 Bands I liked when younger that split...and have since re-formed
1. Judas Priest
2. Iron Maiden (with Bruce Dickinson)
3. The Wonder Stuff
4. New York Dolls
5. Motley Crue
dexterpanik - 12-1-2005 at 13:31
Mercury Rising - 12-1-2005 at 13:33
*Miss World* - 12-1-2005 at 13:47
dulcie - 12-1-2005 at 15:44
*Miss World* - 12-1-2005 at 19:45
Why thank you - I aim to please!
By the way, I loved your reaction to Emma's comment on Friday about "Why spend money drinking when you can buy shoes?"...
*Miss World* - 12-1-2005 at 19:47
Top 5 Things I Miss:
1) Being able to get drunk on 4 Bacardi Breezers - nights out are so expensive these days!
2) Living away from home
3) Performing on stage
5) Being a student!
Mercury Rising - 13-1-2005 at 08:13
Top five unwritten rules:-
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 10:27
emma: "why spend money on drinking when you can buy shoes?"
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 11:20
Lucy: not quite sure if she can speak at this point and just got over dying of embarressment (with the help of a bottle of vodka) as certain people
happened to be present that evening!
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 11:23
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 11:26
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 11:46
i know the truth.
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 11:55
I was only doing it to make you laugh!
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 16:00
you looked like you were enjoying yourself...
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 16:29
I could barely stop laughing because I couldn't believe what I was doing!
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 16:31
yes...i could hardly believe what you were doing either...
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 16:32
Well I promise to behave this evening...
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 16:33
that's what you say every week...!
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 16:34
Whoops... hold on... I always behave myself... what are you getting at?!
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 16:36
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 16:42
I can't remember the last time I did anything naughty...
dulcie - 13-1-2005 at 16:52
that's because you're always so off your face
*Miss World* - 13-1-2005 at 16:55
Good point, glad one of us has some sense!
Jon - 14-1-2005 at 09:56
1. The Wiggles - i know it's for kids but What the Fuck???
2. Harry Hill
4. Justification of the TV licence
5. Bush re-elected
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 13:06
1. alot of dirty cups and glasses
2. a satsuma
3. a chemical brothers promo postcard
4. a MASSIVE folder
5. a 'tellermate'
Lo - 18-1-2005 at 13:16
Top five anti-flu songs of the day:
1 Ben Folds Five - Army
2 Modest Mouse - Float On
3 Head Automatica - Beating Heart Baby
4 Shonen Knife - Top Of The World
5 Interpol - C'mere
Make it a top 6: Super Furry Animals - (Drawing) Rings Around The World
[Edited on 18/1/2005 by Lo]
Becka - 18-1-2005 at 13:25
Top 5 reasons that today is a good day
1) Still on a high after yesterdays 70 for Tim Burton essay
2) Lip wasn`t too scabby when I woke up this morning
3) A week tomorrow it`s my birthday
4) The REALLY annoying woman that is normally in my Tuesday morning class wasn`t there today
5) Going out dancing tonight
dexterpanik - 18-1-2005 at 13:30
top 5 hamish's haircuts:
1. the massive large (current)
2. the jim morrison (summer '98)
3. the possibly ill-advised '97 mullet
4. the skinhead but with a bit left at the front, a bit like jonah lomu but longer (2000/01ish i think)
5. the uni-years chad kroeger
BlackStar - 18-1-2005 at 14:16
top 5 reasons that today is a bad day
1) only 63% in Russian History exam
2) not wanting to get out of bed this morning but had too
3) it's my birthday soon too, but my closest friends are not coming to see me
4) A REALLY annoying girl that is normally is in my history class was indeed in my class today and really upset me
5) staying in tonight, probably go hockey it will be freezing; coach will shout at me for making no effort.
jamjizzle - 18-1-2005 at 14:18
and if you dont like snow that would be the icing on the proverbial cake.
BlackStar - 18-1-2005 at 14:22
Funky Fairy - 18-1-2005 at 14:38
top 5 things i want to do right now....
1.go to bed
2.go to bed
3go to bed
4.go to bed
5. go to bed.
but oh no i hvae to go to a stupid class instead.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 14:42
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 14:50
fortunately chad kroeger wasn't famous yet, or it would have been all over. Incidently, Jess and Amy saw that pic of my Chad and commented,
'is that you - wow, you look fit. I could almost fancy you with hair like that'.... lovely.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 14:52
as mad as a box of frogs.
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 14:55
inarguably. On Saturday night at about 3.00 am Collitt and I went for a walk to hug and climb our tree of shroomadelic love, down our secret footpath.
We kept hearing laughter thinking they'd both followed us... got back home and Jess was sitting on your patio thing, outside, on a pitch black
night, on a blanket, on her own, in fits of laughter... eventually she managed to splurt out, in giggles, 'I'm cold. I can't feel my
Mercury Rising - 18-1-2005 at 14:59
I hope you replied 'Those are my legs'
citizen_erased - 18-1-2005 at 14:59
For me that would be a good thing.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:04
i love those two. they crack me up.
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 15:08
indeed. although don't forget naomi and lilian!
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:12
of course. naomi is my favourite actually.
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 15:18
they're all brilliant in their own right...
no. 5 should be tiny little mental Sam...
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:20
i'm not quite sure about her. she is indeed MENTAL. and tiny. she'd have to be number 5.
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 15:43
things that motivate and interest me in life:
2. the female form
3. global affairs/politics/injustice
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:45
i second your top 4.
Mercury Rising - 18-1-2005 at 15:47
Don't listen to her, it's a fine and fabulous five.
Five top graphic novels:-
1. V for Vendetta
3. Batman: The Killing Joke
4. New Statesmen
5. The Bogie Man
and in fact, top five Batman graphic novels"-
1. The Killing Joke
3. Arkham Asylum
4. The Dark Knight Returns
5. Gotham by Gaslight
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 15:49
top 4 works of jean jacques rousseau
1. a discourse on inequality
2. the social contract
5. know anymore?
dexterpanik - 18-1-2005 at 15:50
i love all bouncy girls equally.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:50
Becka - 18-1-2005 at 15:51
This was the highlight of The Enlightenment for me
Mercury Rising - 18-1-2005 at 15:52
If it's any consolation, my punishment for being so very intemperate looks like being having to walk into town in howling wind and driving rain.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 15:55
oh well, in that case...
Maverick - 18-1-2005 at 16:11
best on stage gimmicks I've witnessed that I can remember right now...
1. Rick Witter's ridiculously over sized maraccas, used during 'Going For Gold' circa '97-'97
2. Green Day V98 - destroyed drums and bass, set them on fire, then the thong clad Bille Joe played 'time of your life' while the stage
burned and their bumble costumed horn section sprayed the crowd in water
3. Graham Coxon's guitar smashing antics during MOR at V97
4. The Supernaturals... generally - man they were mavericks.
5. Sun-J of asiandubfoundation's 'radical movements'
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 16:58
the best V festival ever. fact.
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 17:20
3. t in the park
citizen_erased - 18-1-2005 at 17:25
dulcie - 18-1-2005 at 17:41
5 years ago, maybe. but it's for kids these days.
Joe Wiz - 18-1-2005 at 17:45
Top 5 Duran Duran Songs
1."Hungry Like The Wolf"
4."Girls On Film"
5."Save A Prayer"
Jon - 18-1-2005 at 23:17
most memorable of mine would have to be...
1. Donita Sparks - L7, Reading'92, removing her tampon and luzzing it into the crowd (this could also appear on the worst 5!)
2. Danny - Wildhearts, Reading'94, dislocating his ankle during the opening song and carrying on playing the whole track on his back
3. Vic Reeves, Wonder Stuff Carling Apollo 2003, ran onstage during the encore throwing a packet of dried pasta at Miles Hunt (?)
4. Ozzy Osbourne, Ozzfest'98, Ozzy discovered a very powerful jet water hose on stage and proceeded to spray one of the amps and
it's accompanying electrical wires. Once he'd fucked it he moved onto spraying the drummer, then the front of the crowd...
5. Black Grape, Reading'96, bring on ginger boy Chris Evans to sing 'Pretty Vacant' then Shaun Ryder proclaiming him a "ginger
cunt that can't fooking dance"
Becka - 19-1-2005 at 02:54
That has actually made me feel quite sick
Mercury Rising - 19-1-2005 at 08:21
Five reasons why Duran Duran are not worth the paper they're printed on:-
1. They were dumb yuppies celebrating all that was worse in 80s Britain when even the vast majority of mediocre music was involved in some degree of
social responsibility and the good stuff was seriously tied in with protest.
2. They were convinced that they were the heirs apparent of punk but played bland mindless establishment nonsense targetted perfectly to their
audiences of prepubescent girls.
3. They made soft porn videos indulging in the most dumb male fantasies back when such things were actually tabboo and you couldn't just
download shaved duck porn from the net.
4. They branched off into stupid dumb pretentious artistic side projects like terrible, terrible photography or fucking awful yuppie male fantasy
film direction all of which had absolutely no merit at all whatsoever.
5. My little sister was a BIG fan during those long and formative teenage years when we didn't get on at all, and there is nothing that will
ever convince me that Duran Duran aren't the devil.
Funky Fairy - 19-1-2005 at 09:04
Things i did last night that i shouldn't have done.
1.headbutted vikki and gave her a fat lip
2.Drank the shot of aftershock and jack daniels mixed together alasdair gave me.
3. tried to get every girl in the room to kiss alasdair, (i got up to 7 though!)
4. repeatedly chucking myself at stuart because i couldn't stand up straight.
5. tried to steal a fridgedropping it on my foot then picking it up and walking away with it anyway.
needless to say of the 4 people i've seen so far this morning i've had to apologise to all off them. i can see that this is going to be a
dexterpanik - 19-1-2005 at 11:43
so presumably it was for kids 5 years ago as well then?
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 11:45
dulcie - 19-1-2005 at 11:52
well...technically...yes i've grown up i suppose.
dexterpanik - 19-1-2005 at 12:20
i went to reading 5 years ago and had a great time, and i was also a kid.
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 12:21
so did I. One of my favourite festivals ever...
dexterpanik - 19-1-2005 at 12:25
the festival of fire! or so martin thought, with those wide eyes and that maniacal cackle. great times.
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 12:26
as long as it's under control.
we are the krauts. we are the krauts... as our strange neighbours used to chant...
dexterpanik - 19-1-2005 at 12:30
no they didn't.
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 12:31
didn't they? was it 'where are the krauts'?
dexterpanik - 19-1-2005 at 12:36
dulcie - 19-1-2005 at 12:47
reading 2000: i was there, man.
i was 16 and got my GCSE results the day before. i had a great time, but i went last year and it was shit. i felt very old.
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 12:50
I got my a'level results the day before V98... and that combined with the presence of Matt, Toby and Sam made it rock.
Colin DIS - 19-1-2005 at 12:58
Leeds 2002 was one of my faves... seeing Guns & Roses & Weezer live (where I broke a rib in the pit) was just an amazing experience. Was also
cool to be sat next to Dave Grohl eating a burger!
Becka - 19-1-2005 at 13:04
Dave Grohl was such a knob on stage at Reading 2002. I didn`t like him much before that, but he just made me hate him more
dulcie - 19-1-2005 at 13:18
dave grohl is a legend. fact.
Maverick - 19-1-2005 at 13:21
I saw the foo fighters at v97 and reading 2000 and was bored rigid
Becka - 19-1-2005 at 13:25
That fact is, in fact, false. Dave Grohl is a knob. fact.
dulcie - 19-1-2005 at 13:28
that's the thing: i hate chart-friendly american rock, and they're exactly that. but i love the foo fighters.
Colin DIS - 19-1-2005 at 13:30
But is it because what is now considered 'alternative' chart-friendly rock was much influenced by the Foos? Let's face it, The Colour
& The Shape is an amazing album full of chart breaking singles such as 'My Hero' & 'Monkeywrench' but they weren't
exactly 'rock-by-numbers' tracks.
Jon - 19-1-2005 at 17:59
Maverick - 20-1-2005 at 10:12
I had no qualms with 'This Is A Call' and 'I'll Stick Around' - reasonable songs when he had a reason to be riled... but
there's only so many albums of mindless shouting I can abide...
dulcie - 20-1-2005 at 10:22
a fair point.
but, i disagree
i like mindless shouting.
dexterpanik - 20-1-2005 at 10:56
i think dave grohl's a dude and one by one is one of my favourite songs ever.
Maverick - 20-1-2005 at 11:07
I gathered that by your rampant enjoyment of it last time we were in the arts centre... can we go now sam? Nope. I'm throwing my head and beads
of sweat around raucously to the foo fighters (dreadful name).
i am sam - 20-1-2005 at 11:38
the foofighters were great. the colour and the shape is a totally rocking album, and the first one has its moments. but after that i find them pretty
dull. even one by one. dullsville.
dexterpanik - 20-1-2005 at 12:08
even one by one? you bitch.
Joe Wiz - 20-1-2005 at 12:19
I can't believe someone slagged my beloved Durranies!
Mercury Rising - 20-1-2005 at 12:21
Hell yes. You've hit on my private personal private pet hate. You knock it up, I'll drive long sharp spikes through their eyes, every
Lo - 20-1-2005 at 12:37
I agree. Although I didn't like Enough Space. The rest of that album is ace though, as is most of the first one.
Mercury Rising - 21-1-2005 at 09:55
Top five fights at school I've seen (with names ommited to protect the innocent - me, basically):-
5. Primary school, two sad and gayest kids in the class who were of course the very best of friends finally got wound up with each other and one of
them ended up jamming the other one's head up against the wall. Over and over and over.
4. Year 9 last year. Technically speaking this was just one punch rather than a fight but it was a fuck of a punch- people in the next room heard it
and the punched kid had to go to hospital for observation.
3. Yesterday's melee. One cut lip and seriously swollen arm versus one lump on side of head and broken glasses. It went off before I knew what
was going on but I managed to get between them after they'd fallen over on top of the toppled table.
2. The girlie fight at QEMS when I was a student teacher. Came out of nowhere - one girl walked into our form room and just started taking apart a
girl in my class. Hair, eyes, lips, slaps, punches, pinches, heads banged on tables.
1. The two year 11 boys just after they'd finished their last exam. This one had been festering for some time and they'd kept apart but
had to come together in the end. The only fight I've ever seen where the participants stripped themselves to the waist and pounded their own
chests before they started. Broken windows, broken bones, such manliness.
Maverick - 21-1-2005 at 13:03
*Miss World* - 21-1-2005 at 14:41
But you missed out Rock Leigh!
Maverick - 21-1-2005 at 14:49
yes, but rock leigh loses points for being a sleazy motherfucker...
*Miss World* - 21-1-2005 at 15:03
rose_is_rose - 21-1-2005 at 16:40
non-posting forum members that i miss (in no order):
pete (last caress!)
jazzy - 21-1-2005 at 16:44
agreed rose. maybe the fact that those people wanted to contribute discussion based largely around music and the fact that they don't post
anymore shouldn't be overlooked....
Bozzaholic - 21-1-2005 at 19:54
Top 5 items of clothing in my wardrobe.
5. Grey Wristband
4. Levis Twisted engenired jeans
3. White & Black Floral shirt
2. Red, Pink & Peach Floral & Tarten shirt (as seen in my gallery)
1. Blue, patchy Jeans
rose_is_rose - 21-1-2005 at 20:16
but we have lots of music threads going now...
*Miss World* - 22-1-2005 at 19:54
After witnessing some serious dancefloor action last night, I think Mr I_Wear_The_Trousers should definitely be added to this list!
AntManBee - 22-1-2005 at 23:37
Trousers is a dancefloor legend. Rumour has it that the man can breakdance. Crayzee.
*Miss World* - 22-1-2005 at 23:39
Right, next time I see him out at the Arts Centre I want to see some breakdancing action!
dulcie - 22-1-2005 at 23:53
1. cheese, and fucking loads of it.
3. 'shrooms (not the collitt-endorsed type)
5. spicy chicken
at domino's, if you ask nicely, they'll put barbeque sauce on instead of tomato. bloody amazing.
and can someone please tell me why pineapple considered to be an acceptable pizza topping? its a fruit, surely.
*Miss World* - 22-1-2005 at 23:55
But it's nice...
AntManBee - 22-1-2005 at 23:56
I'm with Dulcie on this one. Ham and Pineapple is the most overrated pizza topping in the world. Ever. Part 51.
*Miss World* - 22-1-2005 at 23:57
Clearly you are both wrong...
[Edited on 23-1-2005 by *Miss World*]
dulcie - 23-1-2005 at 00:01
clearly it two against one...
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 00:02
I'm special - I count as three...
dulcie - 23-1-2005 at 00:03
three what, exactly...? double vodkas?
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 00:04
Spot on... damn, you're good!
dulcie - 23-1-2005 at 00:06
yep. three...and you're dad-lovin'
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 00:08
I thought that had been forgotten. I was only dancing, no graveyards involved! I'm better behaved these days anyway...
dulcie - 23-1-2005 at 00:13
lucy. seriously. i've lost count of the amount of times you've said that. yet EVERY WEEK (without fail. fact)...you give me something new to
rip the piss out of you for
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 00:14
In that case I've got a new one for this week...
Becka - 23-1-2005 at 18:03
Tomato is supposed to be a fruit too, tho
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 18:11
Bozzaholic - 23-1-2005 at 19:14
"a fruit which is often mistaken as a vegtable, hard on the outside but fruity within, they call it.... A Tomatooooooo"
Pineapple gives a pizza a unique taste although peronsily i prefer mine without
AntManBee - 23-1-2005 at 19:43
I'm sure there's a case to be made for including the carrot as a fruit. Not that I've ever seen a pizza topped with carrot, but still.
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 20:19
AntManBee - 23-1-2005 at 20:46
I'm not saying I it's a fruit. I think it's something to with those crazy EU guys.
I refer you to this
*Miss World* - 23-1-2005 at 20:49
nome - 23-1-2005 at 21:06
i expect that is a load of rubbish..just like there is no legislation on bananas having to be straight...and i believe you missed out the word
AntManBee - 23-1-2005 at 21:15
You believe that because it's true. Congratulations on some good pedantry, though I believe the score is still well and truly in my favour.
Cheeking fucking upstart... always there with a snide remark
Jon - 23-1-2005 at 23:38
1. Outer Spacers (later evolved into Space Raiders)
2. All Stars (complete with Sporting Hero card inside every pack!)
3. Monster Munch
4. Wheat Crunchies
Jon - 23-1-2005 at 23:42
1. Physical (Adam Ant cover)
2. Head Like A Hole
5. March Of The Pigs
Mercury Rising - 24-1-2005 at 08:56
It's about as acceptable as chicken or barbeque sauce!
Top five pizza toppings:-
1. Pepperoni, anchovies, mushrooms, olives, extra cheese.
Maverick - 24-1-2005 at 09:15
songs on stone roses' 'second coming':
1. good times
3. breaking into heaven
4. driving south
5. love spreads
BlackStar - 24-1-2005 at 12:14
top five things i will be doing today
1. eating a great big sandwich
cheese&biscuits - 24-1-2005 at 12:17
yeh..... thats is pretty much my plan, although i might indulge my obsession with this morning and watch that too
nome - 24-1-2005 at 17:14
i watched a bit of this morning today - they had gossip about the jennifer and brad break up and a women on who had a chemical peel and it peeled off
half her face..was highly educational!
nome - 24-1-2005 at 17:17
my top five - obviously limited by being a vege -
1. mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives,
2. spinach and ricotta
3. cheese and tomato
i don't understand why people like eggs on pizza, it's wrong?!
dulcie - 24-1-2005 at 18:12
i hate tomatoes, but i like the stuff they put on pizza and i like tomato pasta sauce. but i hate ketchup. so confusing.
AntManBee - 25-1-2005 at 00:07
It might not be quite right, but I'm with you all the way. Tomatoes are wet, squelchy, and never fail to ruin a good sandwich.
Mercury Rising - 25-1-2005 at 08:12
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Tomatoes are a top addition to many a fine sandwich and are generally wonderful things. Granted the ones you get in
the middle of winter can be woefully underripe, hard tasteless balls of nonsense but it doesn't get much better than a bowl of fresh tomotoes
warm from the sun, sliced up and served with pepper, olive oil and basil, maybe some mozerella too. If the toms and basil are straight off of the
plants then even better.
Mercury Rising - 25-1-2005 at 08:16
Top five salads:-
1. Lettuce, chicory, bacon, blue cheese, walnuts, mustardy vinagrette
2. Nicoise - tuna, anchovies, eggs, lettuce, french beans, tomoatoes, olives, potato, vinagrette
3. Potato, mayo, egg, bacon, red and green peppers, spring onions
4. Chicory or watercress and orange and/or grapefruit
5. Sun-warmed tomotoes and basil, mozerella, pepper, olive oil.
jamjizzle - 25-1-2005 at 09:58
Mercury Rising - 25-1-2005 at 10:02
1. Easter, obviously
jamjizzle - 25-1-2005 at 10:04
i just cant do poached
Mercury Rising - 25-1-2005 at 10:08
1. Bring water to slow boil
2. Put whole egg, in shell, in water for about 20 seconds
3. Take it out and give it a moment to cool. Put some vinegar in the simmering water.
4. Swirl the water around with a spoon, then break the egg gently into the water.
5. Cook it for about two and a half or three minutes on a very gentle simmer.
6. Carefully take the egg out with a slotted spoon and allow it to drain.
jamjizzle - 25-1-2005 at 10:11
thank you very much delia
i will follow those instructions very carefully except the last point
Mercury Rising - 25-1-2005 at 10:39
jamjizzle - 25-1-2005 at 11:32
TOP FIVE....... SMILELYS
Jon - 25-1-2005 at 22:26
1. Velvet Revolver - Slither
2. Peter Frampton - Show Me The Way [Live]
3. Tokyo Dragons - Get 'em Off
4. Happy Mondays - Kinky Afro
5. Auteurs - Showgirl
Lo - 25-1-2005 at 22:39
OK, I really don't understand orange in salad. It's so bad. It makes me want to be sick.
Jon - 25-1-2005 at 22:40
Bozzaholic - 25-1-2005 at 23:42
Top 5 film's I've watched over the past week
1. One Flew Over the Cockoo's nest
2. The Principal
3. Blind Fury
5. About a boy
*Miss World* - 26-1-2005 at 02:40
I was going to do a 'Top 5 Things NOT to do on a Night Out'... but decided against it...
Mercury Rising - 26-1-2005 at 07:58
Chicory is really bitter, and watercress really peppery, and the sweet yet acidic orange cuts through all of that beautifully. Gotta be done. As a
general rule I agree with you but these are exceptions - in fact one of the nicest things I ever had to eat was watercress dressed with an orangey
olive oil. Yum.
nome - 26-1-2005 at 08:39
fried eggs are all rubbery and just look like a heart-attack in a pan.
And mmmm watercress is lovely, nice and peppery, although when you buy a bag of the stuff it goes off far too quickly!
Mercury Rising - 26-1-2005 at 08:42
Yeah, yellow watercress
But good fried eggs done well are wonderful.
Jon - 26-1-2005 at 09:19
...well I for one would read it!
EternalLife - 26-1-2005 at 09:23
2. My grandma (it's her birthday tomorrow )
3. My little sister
Jon - 26-1-2005 at 09:35
Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Oasis - Some Might Say
Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away
The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
Jon - 30-1-2005 at 13:37
Units provided by Richer Sounds and Currys
1. iRiver iHP40
2. Creative Zen
3. Apple iPod
4. Sony NW-HD1
5. Thomson Lyra
nome - 30-1-2005 at 16:39
my pet hate this week - people driving with their lights on when it's not dark - hello, yes I can see you and if I couldnt then i really
shouldn't be on the road!
[Edited on 30-1-2005 by nome]
Lo - 31-1-2005 at 08:07
I agree - the rocket salad stuff from tesco is gorgeous but that goes off too fast as well.
And on the orage-in-salad thing, I think it's when there's too much pith (??) left on the orange and it sort of goes all rancid and, oh
goodness, I feel ill again now.
I really should participate in more music conversations.
jamjizzle - 31-1-2005 at 09:53
TOP 5 local bands
1. the bronson deal
2. the bronson deal
3. the bronson deal
4. the bronson deal
5. the bronson deal
Mercury Rising - 31-1-2005 at 14:50
and peel your oranges more carefully.
rose_is_rose - 31-1-2005 at 17:21
i just read that as "peel your organs more carefully." tee-hee
Maverick - 31-1-2005 at 17:25
which, in relation to the banjo thread, is the soundest advice I have had all day.
Can't believe I've written that. Still, might as well post it.
Maverick - 1-2-2005 at 13:09
top 5 beard wearers in the community:
1. Gavin Bowern
2. Rapid Rob
4. Maynard (only a passing fliration with beard action)
5. erm... er... me??
dexterpanik - 1-2-2005 at 13:59
i can't believe maynard has beaten me, despite only having had any real substance to his beard for one weekend.
it's not enough to make me shave, but it hurts.
Maverick - 1-2-2005 at 14:00
I wasn't sure whether - in light of the latham precdent in this arena - yours qualified... where as maynard briefly sported significant bush.
dexterpanik - 1-2-2005 at 14:03
yes but according to latham precedents we're all card-carrying, jew-hating nazis, so i don't place too much importance on them.
[Edited on 1-2-2005 by dexterpanik]
jazzy - 1-2-2005 at 14:07
sam's brief beard flirtation is worthy of mention i believe....
AntManBee - 4-2-2005 at 08:14
Top 5 things I want to buy but can't afford...
1. A new copy of Pro Evo 4... fucking bastard thing doesn't fucking work
2. A blender
3. A double bed
4. A punch bag
5. Wireless internet stuff
Jon - 4-2-2005 at 10:08
man that sucks....every PS2 owner MUST have this one! Knocks the living shyte out of FIFA 2005
AntManBee - 4-2-2005 at 17:35
The ideal tonic after an uberdull day's work. May try to blag a new copy from the peeps at Virgin tomorrow
kittykat - 4-2-2005 at 17:53
top five things i quite want but can't afford
1. a big house in the country not near any other houses.
2. a car and driving lessons and petrol money and the rest.
3. a dog (to run about and play in the big house's garden)
4. a really good camcorder and editing suite and the rest.
5. a drum kit and cool guitars (to go in the big house's garage)
i think the purchase of a lottery ticket is in order.
Jon - 6-2-2005 at 11:55
it's worth the ¬£40 or so just to write 'Tosser' on each Arsenal shirt......Priceless!
cheese&biscuits - 6-2-2005 at 15:17
top 5 things to do in london (according to me)
1 not get lost
2 Go see phantom of the opera
3 go see phantom of the opera again
4 rubbish the trocadereo (there is nothing there it is just taking up space)
5 get moved by security guards for sitting on steps eating a sandwich (in the trocadereo)
Bozzaholic - 6-2-2005 at 15:27
Top 5 things i have to do today
1. Go to arts center to see House of love
2. play football
3. eat my sunday roast
4. download some music
5. chill out because I have no work next week
Becka - 6-2-2005 at 16:20
Top 5 things that have happened today to make today crap
1. I have spent the day doing washing
2. I have eaten the mankiest Supernoodles in the world....ever
3. I have eaten a big bag of pick n mix and now feel really sick
4. I listened to The Killers album and realised I don`t like it much anymore
5. It`s Sunday and Sundays are generally crap
[Edited on 6-2-2005 by Becka]
AntManBee - 6-2-2005 at 17:17
nome - 6-2-2005 at 17:34
dillow what has happened to your ability to quote properly today?
[Edited on 6-2-2005 by nome]
AntManBee - 6-2-2005 at 19:42
I don't know, but the fact that you edited yours doesn't say much about your ability either Little Ms. Wiseass
Bozzaholic - 7-2-2005 at 10:20
Top 5 music videos - inspired by another thread
1. "Smack my bitch up" - The Prodigy
2. "Thriller" - Micheal Jackson
3. "Sonne" - Rammstein
4. "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys
5. "Just a day" - Feeder
jamjizzle - 7-2-2005 at 10:21
WHY DIDNT YOU PUT THAT IN THE OTHER THREAD?
cheese&biscuits - 7-2-2005 at 10:33
absolutly cracking......i have to agree smashing song too
Maverick - 7-2-2005 at 10:35
my favourite music vids...
1. Christina Ag. - Dirrty
2. Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us
3. Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In The Fire
4. So Solid Crew - 21 Seconds
5. Rhythm Masters - Heavy Soul
Jon - 7-2-2005 at 10:49
1. Tool - Schism
2. Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
3. Audioslave - Cochise
4. Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly
5. Guns N'Roses - Garden Of Eden
jamjizzle - 7-2-2005 at 10:56
awesome video, awesome song
Mercury Rising - 7-2-2005 at 15:33
Top avatar, mind.
Maverick - 7-2-2005 at 15:41
i love the arsenal
kittykat - 7-2-2005 at 15:49
there's a thread for this somewhere
www.indiesoc.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=2788&page=1#pid53486although i think this is a shite link because i can't work a
well i've tried a few times and i definitely can't do a simple task like put a link to another page on here, i just get a picture of the
boy paradise holding a sock.
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
[Edited on 7-2-2005 by kittykat]
cherry_blossom_pig - 7-2-2005 at 16:03
top 5 vids of the 00's
1 go with the flow- qotsA
2 all is full of love - bjork
3 buck rogers - feeder
4 cherry blossom girl - air
5 get ur freak on - missy
cherry_blossom_pig - 7-2-2005 at 16:08
top 5 vids that shoudl be in cluded in the top 100 music vids of all time
1- drop - pharcyde
2- go with the flow - qotsa
3- unbutton the sweater song - weezer
4- eple - royksopp
5- buck rogers - feeder
*Miss World* - 7-2-2005 at 22:38
This is such a great video!
Jon - 8-2-2005 at 01:23
Bozzaholic - 8-2-2005 at 10:55
Top BADASS things that are/have happpening/happened today
1. I got my Nike Anti Racism band
2. I got got my Lance Armstrong Testicular cancer awareness band
3. I have to meet a man about a job
4. I have the day off
5. I watched "cheaper by the dozen"
Maverick - 8-2-2005 at 10:59
where did you get this from?
I've tried to buy one of those 'kick racism out of football' badges before, but couldn't find one anywhere...
on another note... I swear I saw *Teevo's bassist refereeing a game in the Monday night 6-aside league I play in. One of the opposition made some
disparaging remark about my "girly long hair." I scored and we won 3-1 though... so needless to say I had the last laugh!
jamjizzle - 8-2-2005 at 11:03
i know that the bullying one is blue and there is a yellow band about.
i thought the yellow band was for testicular cancer so what colour is the nike 1.
anywho you can get them in french connection, jjb
[Edited on 8-2-2005 by jamjizzle]
EternalLife - 8-2-2005 at 11:05
I just remembered something...I had a dream last night that you knew my sister and you came round to my house and sat on my bed using my phone for
It perhaps suggests that I'm on here too much. Is it wrong to dream about indiesoc forum people?!
I just remembered we were only talking to each other in Partridge quotes...
[Edited on 8-2-2005 by EternalLife]
Maverick - 8-2-2005 at 11:23
that's premier league.
dulcie - 8-2-2005 at 11:38
true. he's a referee when he's not a rock star.
Maverick - 8-2-2005 at 11:45
I thought as much. I hope he takes one of our games. I might heckle him...
jamjizzle - 8-2-2005 at 12:01
whats the one where they are dressed as women in a bedroom and taylor hawkins is laying bed and then the bed comes apart and he is sitting playing the
drums thats a wicked video
cherry_blossom_pig - 8-2-2005 at 13:14
everlong! definately the best vid they have done!
kittykat - 8-2-2005 at 13:37
that video does rule.
jamjizzle - 8-2-2005 at 14:10
yeah everlong by the foo's
bloody fantastic video where was that? that vid is better than learn to fly. learn to fly was a bit of a sabortage take off ..... cop show
moustaces... gay air host moustaces.
i dunno maybe its just me but every time i see l.t.f it just reminds me of sabortage and vice versa.
Bozzaholic - 8-2-2005 at 15:44
I got it from e-bay, it cost me about ¬£5 (in JJB they are ¬£1.50)
the nike racism band is actually two bands interlocked, one black and one white
the colour scheme for bands goes as follows....
Nike Anti-Racism - Two bands interlocked One Black one white
LAF Testicular Cancer Awareness - Yellow
BBC Anti Bullying - Blue
Athena Breast Cancer Awareness - Pink
jamjizzle - 8-2-2005 at 16:08
COOL WHERE CAN YOU GET THE BLUE AND THE PINK ONES FROM
Bozzaholic - 8-2-2005 at 16:18
the only place i know that do them are E-bay i'm afraid
Maverick - 10-2-2005 at 15:39
top 5 madness vids
1. wings of a dove
2. baggy trousers
3. the sun and the rain
4. michael caine
5. uncle sam
Bozzaholic - 10-2-2005 at 16:43
Top 5 films I plan to watch by friday night
1. City of God (I love this film far too much)
2. White Noise (I have it on DVD)
3. White Chicks (meh... might as well... its new)
4. Meet the fockers (I have it on DVD)
5. Ransom (I havn't seen this one before)
cherry_blossom_pig - 10-2-2005 at 16:53
white noise is fucking pointless and crap. dont do it.
Maverick - 11-2-2005 at 11:18
top 5 snoop musical moments...
1. What's My Name
2. Gin And Juice
3. Nuttin' But A G Thang
5. Still Dre
I also think the line in beautiful, "looking like a student, long hair wid ya big fat bootie" has to commended. It Durham part of being a
student necessitated putting on a stone a year. Mind you, that's probably because it was catered and they served chips 87 times a week...
[Edited on 11-2-2005 by Maverick]
jamjizzle - 11-2-2005 at 11:20
so is white chicks and meet the fockers. all that lies ahead is disappointment.
cheese&biscuits - 11-2-2005 at 11:31
please do not buy these charity bands from e-bay, the prices are extortionate and the charity is not getting any omre money from them. it may be cool
to have them but do not let these sick fuckers out to make money from peoples desire to support charties. They are evil and the only way we can stop
them making money which should be going to charity is to stop buying from them.
there, rant over.
Maverick - 11-2-2005 at 11:36
very, very good point.
jamjizzle - 11-2-2005 at 11:43
top 8 snoop songs
2.gin and juice
3.murder was the case
4.from the church 2 da palace
6.drop it like it's hot
7. let's get blown
8.step your game up.
for shizzle ma nizzles and whizzles
Maverick - 11-2-2005 at 11:46
no 'what's my motherfucking name'? Disaster.
You have to admire 'Murder Was The Case' for its guest rapper star - God!
jamjizzle - 11-2-2005 at 12:05
its a good song but i think its a bit cliche now.
i would probably place it at #9
Jon - 11-2-2005 at 23:16
1. Celebrity Skin
2. Jennifers Body
3. Season Of The Witch
4. Beautiful Son
5. Rock Star
*Miss World* - 11-2-2005 at 23:24
2. I Think That I Would Die
3. Asking for it (so high up on the list due to Kurt's backing vocals)
4. Reasons to be Beautiful
5. I can't decide between: Teenage Whore or Rockstar
Oh no, this is much too difficult. I want to put at least another 5 in there!
Jon - 11-2-2005 at 23:32
do another 5 then....go on...go on....go on... [Father Ted Style]
my extra 5
6. Credit in the Straight World
7. Gold Dust Woman
8. Old Age
10. Hungry Like The Wolf (Blinding Duran cover!)
*Miss World* - 11-2-2005 at 23:35
6. Use Once and Destroy
7. Credit in the Straight World
8. Good Sister/Bad Sister
9. Northern Lights
10. Celebrity Skin
Jon - 11-2-2005 at 23:39
i used to have the Use Once And Destroy shirt. Christ knows what happened to it
BlackStar - 11-2-2005 at 23:40
that's in my head now
Jon - 11-2-2005 at 23:41
...now imagine Noel Edmunds saying it
*Miss World* - 11-2-2005 at 23:42
I have a *Miss World* t-shirt, for those times when people didn't know who I was...
Jon - 11-2-2005 at 23:57
i had a Mr. Universe T-Shirt once....but people just laughed...
moogyboobles - 12-2-2005 at 10:43
funnily they don't laugh at your Idiot shirt!
Jon - 13-2-2005 at 22:11
probably 'cos it's factual
Jon - 13-2-2005 at 22:44
1. Jesus Christ Pose (also No.1 in the best mid-riff list!)
2. Get On The Snake
4. Birth Ritual
5. My Wave
Jon - 15-2-2005 at 19:53
1] On A Plain
3] Return Of The Rat
4] Aneurysm (original B-side version)
5] Verse, Chorus, Verse
oh what the hell.....
6] Serve The Servants
7] Lounge Act
8] Negative Creep
9] I Hate Myself And Want To Die
*Miss World* - 15-2-2005 at 19:54
I need time to think about this one...
EternalLife - 18-2-2005 at 14:33
That I don't like today:
1. The fact that I haven't talked to Brian because he's on a snowboarding trip.
2. Bread that doesn't fit in the toaster.
3. Writing essays.
4. Being cold.
5. Complaining too much!
That I do like today:
1. That Brian will call me later.
2. Mmm toast...
3. The fact that I have written 1500 words in about 2 hours.
4. My bed.
5. That I will see Brian in 25 days
Jon - 18-2-2005 at 22:22
1. buy a cooker from currys
2. buy a fridge from currys
3. buy a large screen tv from currys
4. work for currys
5. see 1
BlackStar - 18-2-2005 at 22:30
Jon - 18-2-2005 at 22:41
i've had better
EternalLife - 19-2-2005 at 01:42
1. Why don't they make bread that fits in the toaster?
2. What does the inside of your nose smell like?
3. Why do you get a lump in your throat when you're about to cry?
4. How does the man who drives the snow plough get to work in the morning?
5. Why do I get wide awake when I turn out the light?
Mercury Rising - 19-2-2005 at 14:53
If you unscrew your belly button does your bum fall off?
What's another word for 'thesaurus'?
EternalLife - 19-2-2005 at 20:40
Why would it?!!
Jon - 28-2-2005 at 21:41
thanx to inspiration from another thread!!!
1. Forever Now
2. Leaving Me Now
3. The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up)
4. Heaven In My Hands
5. To Be With You Again
Becka - 1-3-2005 at 12:38
My mum always told me that my bum would fall off if I played with my belly button, and unscrewed it. And my mum never lies
cheese&biscuits - 1-3-2005 at 12:39
this is the funniest thing i have heard all day! heh heh heh
kat - 1-3-2005 at 12:40
top five things i should do in the next forty minutes
1. finish my freakin' essay.
2. finish my freakin' essay
3. finish my freakin' essay
4. finish my freakin' essay
5. finish my freakin' essay
dexterpanik - 1-3-2005 at 12:51
dude, your mum is full of shit. i'm constantly playing with my belly button (usually in pursuit of the blue fluff) and i have many
witnesses who will attest to my arse being firmly in place.
Maverick - 1-3-2005 at 12:54
my parents told me if I always put my toungue out when I concentrated my bottom lip would carry on growing downwards... and there were people about
whose lips went down to their waist. I believed them and developed a complex. Then again, I also believed my Dad when he said the police were on the
phone because I'd eaten a biscuit over the carpet, so maybe I was just a little bit naive...
dexterpanik - 1-3-2005 at 12:56
a lovely anecdote from hamish mcmassivelip-wilson there...
Maverick - 1-3-2005 at 13:02
I used to get called fish lips at school by some girls. However, as they are all now living with violent, drug addicts and retain all the sex appeal
of Mr. Blobby's particularly vile great aunt... needless to say I had the last laugh.
kat - 1-3-2005 at 13:04
my grandma always used to tell me off for whistling and said 'a whistling woman and a crowing hen will drive the devil out his den.'
dexterpanik - 1-3-2005 at 13:06
i still get called fish lips by my girlfriend's thirteen-year-old brother. however, as he's currently lying in a hospital bed as the result
of a brutal common assault on his way home from scouts... needless to say i had the last laugh.
Becka - 1-3-2005 at 13:48
My mum is not!! Why would she say it if it wasn`t true??
Vodkasheri - 1-3-2005 at 13:50
I used to get called fish lips or trout pout at school....Now all the girls are probably saving their measly wages to pay for collagen injections.
Mercury Rising - 1-3-2005 at 13:51
She deals in belly button fluff.
Becka - 1-3-2005 at 14:21
I always knew there was something shifty about her
dexterpanik - 1-3-2005 at 14:35
maybe it's specific to your belly button/arse? a rare, hereditary condition that your mum has and is therefore careful that you
don't make the same mistakes that she did.
afterall, mum knows best. fact.
Mercury Rising - 2-3-2005 at 08:13
Top five Buffy episodes
One More With Feeling
Conversations With Dead People
I think this is a bit of an obvious choice but I've thought more about it and they are my five favourite episodes so there you go. I think The
Body was one of the finest pieces of work about grief that I've ever seen, that Once More With Feeling managed to integrate itself seemlessly
into the run - nothing but a musical could have saved them at that point in time - that Conversations With Dead People and Hush were both incredibly
creepy and pleasantly unpleasant, and that The Zeppo was really funny and was 'almost' a more typical episode.
There. Can't believe I've never posted anything about Buffy before.
cheese&biscuits - 2-3-2005 at 23:02
do you have a buffy obsession? i only ask as martin keeps a bloody poster of her on his wall and i swear it is always looking at me...i just wondered
if all men had this thing about her? i mean i like the show but is she really that great?
Mercury Rising - 3-3-2005 at 08:27
In my defence my obsession is with the show and not with her - she's a bit californian plastic princess for me.
Return of Django - 3-3-2005 at 11:26
Buffy is hot. Maybe it's because i'm a deviant, but SMG's fucked up nose really turns me on. And she kisses girls in Cruel Intentions.
Jon - 4-3-2005 at 23:17
1...Search And Destroy
3...Living On The Edge Of The Night
Becka - 4-3-2005 at 23:27
Aahh, thank you. I didn`t think of that *leaves belly button alone*
Becka - 4-3-2005 at 23:28
I would gladly smash SMG in the face with a bin lid
EternalLife - 4-3-2005 at 23:37
Bin lids are where it's at. Or something
Mercury Rising - 7-3-2005 at 07:57
But what would it do to her nose?
Anyway she's the slayer, she'd just bust yo' ass.
cheese&biscuits - 7-3-2005 at 08:49
absolutely but at least she is married to some freaky looking guy!
EternalLife - 7-3-2005 at 11:02
RadioEd - 7-3-2005 at 11:13
Top 5 Radiohead (revised):
1. I Might Be Wrong
2. Like Spinning Plates
3. Karma Police
4. Pyramid Song
5. My Iron Lung
cherry_blossom_pig - 7-3-2005 at 12:56
top 5 bands i havent listened to before but am rather liking atm
Funky Fairy - 7-3-2005 at 14:49
apartment are great!
TC - 7-3-2005 at 14:51
3. wh smith
5. free credit card ones
EternalLife - 7-3-2005 at 14:59
Those ones blow! They give you enough ink to fill in the form and that's your lot!
TC - 7-3-2005 at 15:03
i refuse to apply for any. i just use their pens!!!!! they aren't all bad though, my current one has lasted much of the term!
EternalLife - 7-3-2005 at 15:18
hehe me too
Becka - 7-3-2005 at 15:36
Are you one of those people that steals pens from Argos?
Mercury Rising - 7-3-2005 at 15:37
Or from the bookies?
Jon - 7-3-2005 at 22:56
1. Vegas Two Times
2. More Life In A Tramps Vest
3. The Bartender & The Thief
4. A Thousand Trees
5. Local Boy In The Photograph
Funky Fairy - 7-3-2005 at 23:21
what about Traffic? i think that's their best song!
Jon - 7-3-2005 at 23:26
Jon - 20-3-2005 at 16:27
1. Undone (The Sweater Song)
2. El Scorcho
3. Buddy Holly
4. Brown Eyed Girl
5. Hash Pipe
Maverick - 21-3-2005 at 11:39
top 5 songs pervading my consciousness right now...
1. 'stuck inside a mobile with the memphis blues again' - bob dylan
2. 'don't get fooled again' - the who'
3' 'behind blue eyes' - the who
4. talk, talk, talk' - the ordinary boys
5. 'got ya money' - odb feat kelis (thanks gilly!!)
Vive Le Rock - 21-3-2005 at 12:35
I'd have to disagree and put 'The Good Life' in there. And probably 'Tired of Sex'.
rose_is_rose - 21-3-2005 at 19:23
ace ace ACE list!!!
top 5 songs played at my store that have prevented me from killing myself:
1- wilco--jesus dont cry
2- green day--boulevard of broken dreams
3-the ramones--blitzkreig bop
4-bruce springsteen--dancing in the dark
5-pat benetar--hit me with your best shot
this is all mixed in with a lot of shite mind you.
Hollis Brown - 23-3-2005 at 02:03
Are these guys worth checking out? If so where should i start?
I heard that they were joined by Nels Cline last year. Nels Cline is my favourite guitarist at the moment.
'The Giant Pin' by 'the Nels Cline Singers' has saved me from the monotony of modern music.
cheese&biscuits - 23-3-2005 at 08:46
top 5 reasons to stay in bed
1. Im tired
2. Its warm and snuggley
3. I dont want to do anything
4. Theres a tv at the end of the bed
5. It would conserve energy and clothing
rose_is_rose - 23-3-2005 at 17:35
god yes!! 'summerteeth' and 'being there' and 'yankee hotel foxtrot' are all great records.
kat - 23-3-2005 at 17:38
i got 'being there' in january and i love it. 'the lonely 1' is such a nice song.
Mercury Rising - 31-3-2005 at 14:39
Top five Christopher Ecclestone roles:-
1. The DCI in 'Cracker' who got killed in absolute silence by Robert Carlyle
2. The hub of Our Friends in the North
3. The increasingly crazy one in Shallow Grave - 'Yeah, but you didn't have to cut his feet off. Nice sauce.'
4. Doctor Who
5. Way back when in 'Let Him Have It'.
I never saw the teacher thing he was in. He was in an good episode of Inspector Morse as a gawky teenager with 'problems' who looked after
cheese&biscuits - 31-3-2005 at 14:41
the only thing i have ever seen him in was "The second coming" where he played a Jesus sort of character, he was brilliant.
Mercury Rising - 31-3-2005 at 14:42
Arse, completely forgot that, I want it in instead of the derek bently thing. Thank you.
kat - 31-3-2005 at 14:47
top five christopher eccleston.
1. 'jude' this film breaks my heart, so does the book.
2. 'eXistenZ' my favourite cronenberg film.
3. 'shallow grave' fucked up genius.
4. 'dr. who' for playing the doctor as a cheeky northern bonkers monkey.
5. 'the others' brilliant film. nicole doing her best grace kelly impression
and eccleston being a scary but smoldering mo fo.
kat - 31-3-2005 at 14:48
i thought that was a big steaming pile of horse puckey.
cherry_blossom_pig - 1-4-2005 at 10:23
i saw eccleston in this program yrs ago, he was a poet and in the begginging scene he said fuck alot and in another scene he danced with a woman
naked, its was fucking brilliant.
i need to find out what it was can anyone tell me?
Matt Paradise - 1-4-2005 at 10:26
I thought eXistenZ was a bit cock. And Jude Laws' accent was extremely annoying.
Funky Fairy - 1-4-2005 at 11:02
he did a tv adaptation of othello that was brilliant
Jon - 1-4-2005 at 15:25
1. I Am The Music Man
2. Do The Conga
3. Gang Bang
5. I Spikka Da Lingo
Maverick - 13-9-2005 at 10:02
Top 5 people called Richie / Ritchie:
1. Rich (from Bottom)
2. Richardson (West Indian Batsman)
3. Edwards (that dead chap)
4. Benaud (that radtional chap)
5. Shane (that Alfie chap)
Dr. Rob - 13-9-2005 at 23:52
Jim Jarmusch films:
1. Down By Law
2. Dead Man
3. Mystery Train
4. Coffee and Cigarettes
5. Ghost Dog
Man, I love Jim Jarmusch.
waghorn - 14-9-2005 at 10:46
Top 5 chocolate bars.
1.Boost: so much bisuit and caramel mmmmmm
2.Double Decker: so much nougat yummy yummy yum
3.Galaxy chocalate bar: so creamy and smooth,hell yeah!
4.Lion Bar: soo many peanuts
5.Munchies: ohhhh so muchable
I am now dribbling all over my keyboard.
[Edited on 14-9-2005 by waghorn]
Colin DIS - 14-9-2005 at 10:57
Colin DIS - 14-9-2005 at 11:02
Top 5 Transformers
1) Soundwave - He was THE man and housed Ravage & Rumble. What more could you want?
2) Grimlock - 'Me Grimlock. Me king!'
3) Optimus Prime - What a prime minister should be instead of a gnome!
4) Megatron - Evil personified and had a cool sense of humour.
5) Ratchet - One, he can cut bloody great rivers with his laser and he was the first transformer I ever owned.
Just missing out was Unicron as he was a kick ass beast but he got his ass kicked by a piece of crystal and a jumped out cock (Hot Rod) so this
waghorn - 14-9-2005 at 11:06
Ooooops! all of that thinking of chocolate has made my brain funny
jazzy - 14-9-2005 at 12:25
i'm absolutely with you on the boost front. very good call. just had one in fact!
my top 5...
dairy milk shortcake
dairy milk orange crisp
Mercury Rising - 14-9-2005 at 12:33
Brilliant list Gareth. I often feel like I'm doing good if I have a starbar for breakfast because of the peanut butter, it's just like
having toast, no?
Also Dairy Milk shortcake is gorgeous.
Ms Waghorn, there are two too many nestle evils in your list. Get some more cadbury's goodness down you.
waghorn - 14-9-2005 at 13:29
Oh yes how could I forget the Star Bar??!!! Extremely under rated I believe. I also am partial to the odd rolo but they're now rubbish cuz the
toffee stuff inside is not chewy enough, what's wrong with nestle anyway?
Mercury Rising - 14-9-2005 at 13:36
The Nestle Boycott
Colin DIS - 14-9-2005 at 13:45
Mercury Rising - 14-9-2005 at 13:56
"You should always do the right thing, and not bother yourself with what is practical or possible, because if you don't do the right thing
you'll be doing the wrong thing, and you will be a part of the problem and not a part of the solution".
Vodkasheri - 14-9-2005 at 14:05
That's very profound.
waghorn - 14-9-2005 at 14:07
Ok I sort of understand but isn't the nestle argument the same as McDonalds makes you fat one. I mean everyone knows McDonalds makes you fat if
you eat too much of it and surely everyone knows that breastfeeding is much better than any other baby formula stuff, or am I being a bit
presumptuous? Anyway I do Galaxy chocolate in it's purest form best and that's made by Mars (I think anyway).
Please forgive me if I dont fully comprehend the seriousness of these issues.
[Edited on 14-9-2005 by waghorn]
Mercury Rising - 14-9-2005 at 14:11
I might not quite have this down, and I do think there is a small degree of patronising westerness in this whole thing, but the argument is that
nestle forumla milk turns up in hospitals in the third world as part of the whole westernworld science we know best kind of thing, and it's free,
and so people go for it, stop lactating, and then have to keep on using it despite breastmilk being much better and despite the possible lack of a
safe water supply. So it is a considerably bigger thing than the 'mcdonalds makes you fat' argument, good though that one also is.
jazzy - 14-9-2005 at 14:17
not to mention the way that nestle grievously rip off cocoa farmers in a very non fair trade way...
[Edited on 14-9-2005 by jazzy]
if_only_ralph_were_real - 14-9-2005 at 14:26
And that their chocolate is really really not very nice to eat