Board logo

junior senior
i am sam - 30-3-2003 at 22:10

am i out of touch here..?

why is everyone talking about junior senior (obviously not on this website...until now)? are they/ is he any good? should i go see them/him on may 9th?

mojo - 30-3-2003 at 22:12

i lOve them lol....i have an article in Q about them if u wanna read? i really like the poppyness of it....it pure pop tack with a funky beat

Simon Dyson - 30-3-2003 at 22:17

... who?!?!?

mojo - 30-3-2003 at 22:19

oh my goodness hehe.....it's so good! the vid is pants tho lol, but they're a silly danish pop duet....it's a comedy song, i like it, but then we all know i have no music taste

*mojo*

TC - 30-3-2003 at 22:25

no, the videos quality!

i like the song, its on every radio station (including xfm) imaginable, every music tv station and the albums getting great reviews - apparrently its different to the single, and a bit like the avalanches

TC

**stargirl** - 30-3-2003 at 23:04

i haven't been convinced so far...

dunnerz - 30-3-2003 at 23:04

yes its everywhere - and i've been dancing to it all last week!!

but until recently (i.e i just read this thread then went and search for it), didnt know the name of it!!!

its soo quality!!!!!!
jsut kazzad it!!! - wicked!!!

sam, dont think its your thing, could be wrong tho!!!

its good good good!!

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by dunnerz]

[Edited on 30/3/2003 by dunnerz]

mojo - 30-3-2003 at 23:05

i don't think it's sam's cup o tea either. i put it on the RED playlist ages and ages ago and it's only just becoming big!

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 30-3-2003 at 23:09

you put it on the RED playlist? you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

dunnerz - 30-3-2003 at 23:13

stargirl - wheres your sense of fun???

**stargirl** - 30-3-2003 at 23:15

obviously not with junior senior. funny that.

mojo - 30-3-2003 at 23:18

Quote:
Originally posted by **stargirl**
you put it on the RED playlist? you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

yes and i'm pleased with my choice....it was a top tune when it first came out. Out of all the stuff i reviewed that day, this was by far the best....i even called up my mate so he could hear it i put it on A and i stand by my choice

*mojo*

TC - 30-3-2003 at 23:19

it got taken off the red playlist before release though, i got it back on there!!! and i'm not ashamed of it!!

TC

**stargirl** - 30-3-2003 at 23:20

good for you tom. i'm sure you will be rewarded in heaven.

mojo - 30-3-2003 at 23:25

get off your high horse mirella

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 30-3-2003 at 23:26

nope.

Spark Tarpauline - 30-3-2003 at 23:42

That song is f*cking annoying, i hate the whole concept but the song is so catchy and that makes it so annoying!! And the video is a poor mans white stripes!!

i am sam - 31-3-2003 at 00:40

ok. i downloaded it. and y'know, it's alright. i hadn't heard it before... is that weird? so anyway, i can see the avalanches comparisons. i think i will go to see them, it was going to part of a brief trip to cardiff to visit my friend...the mooney suzuki are playing the next night.

mojo - 31-3-2003 at 00:45

aww it'll be a fun night sam! let us know what they're like...it's hard to judge on one song!

*mojo*

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 00:45

do you like the avalanches - i listened to the album at my mates house - it really liked it, might go and purchase it

mojo - 31-3-2003 at 00:50

the avalanches are cool i really like

*mojo*

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 00:56

just d/l'ed

shake your coconuts

this band get better!!!!!

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 01:01

...and rythm bandits

gonna go buy the album tommorw - tis good!!

expensive day tommorw

glaso tickets on sale!!

mojo - 31-3-2003 at 01:04

oh yeah.....i can't afford one yet. not even sure if i'll be in the country...

**stargirl** - 31-3-2003 at 10:14

*pouts*

Matt Paradise - 31-3-2003 at 11:46

It's a good pop song, I'd much rather something like that was in the charts than pop idol wank.
Aw, people aren't blindly following Mirella, she's upset now

**stargirl** - 31-3-2003 at 11:55

*rolls eyes*

Matt Paradise - 31-3-2003 at 12:04

There's an icon for that, you know

**stargirl** - 31-3-2003 at 12:07

i don't use them.

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 14:25

Just bought the album - how wicked!!!!

really really good - seriuosly - its all dancy, but its not all poppy stuff.

would recommend it

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 14:40

Move your feet video

**stargirl** - 31-3-2003 at 15:43

james recommends it... run from it.

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 15:53

its better than half the shi*te u like!!!!

**stargirl** - 31-3-2003 at 15:56

james, do you even know what i like?

dunnerz - 31-3-2003 at 15:59

well, i'm judging my the fact i only knew 2 songs from the set u and sam played (and both of those were his i think) - i assumed u played the stuff that you liked ?????? - and well, it was quite, errr, well, boring!!!

[dont get too hyped up - im only joking with ya!!! - and i did only say half]

Matt Paradise - 31-3-2003 at 16:10

That's it James! Don't take any sh1t!

mojo - 31-3-2003 at 16:33

i may have to borrow that from you james!

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 09:23

right. so that means i only like the equivalent of 45 minutes worth of music. being as that's how long our set was, and consequently you're aware of half the stuff i like. or is this maths too above your oasis-loving, lager-swilling intellect? *cough* in the loosest sense of the word "intellect"...

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 11:56

A little less nastiness please **stargirl**...

mentalist - 1-4-2003 at 12:15

Not all the people who like oasis are stella swigging monkeys im sure, but anyway, I liked the video to that move your feet. It reminds me of animations I made in deluxe paint 3 on the amiga. ahh

dunnerz - 1-4-2003 at 13:45

Quote:
right. so that means i only like the equivalent of 45 minutes worth of music. being as that's how long our set was, and consequently you're aware of half the stuff i like. or is this maths too above your oasis-loving, lager-swilling intellect? *cough* in the loosest sense of the word "intellect"...

so your telling me that you played all the stuff you hate?!???

i was going to make some nasty comments about twee, and how at least people have heard of oasis - but im not up for a fight!!

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 13:57

Quote:
Originally posted by dunnerz
Quote:

so your telling me that you played all the stuff you hate?!???

i was going to make some nasty comments about twee, and how at least people have heard of oasis - but im not up for a fight!!

that wasn't what i wrote james. i was simply pointing out that your wide-sweeping comment about half the music i like is not particularly well-founded.

dunnerz - 1-4-2003 at 14:02

sorry, but its a term

its not really ment to be taken literally

or cant your alchohol free twee intellect work that out?

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 14:05

children....

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 15:20

sorree, i forgot that not drinking damages your brain cells.

dunnerz - 1-4-2003 at 15:23

well obviuosly if you forgot, then not drinking cant be doing u much good !!

nopassingphase - 1-4-2003 at 15:35

Quote:

i probably shouldn't get involved but have i got this right?

good record sales = good bands?

if you believe that's correct, how err... silly are you?!

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 15:39

you're right, you shouldn't get involved.

dunnerz - 1-4-2003 at 16:11

Quote:
Originally posted by nopassingphase
Quote:

i probably shouldn't get involved but have i got this right?

good record sales = good bands?

if you believe that's correct, how err... silly are you?!

did i say that

no!!

although, i was jsut trying to say that she tried to use oasis at me as an insult - where
as i wasnt bothered by it (in fact stargirl calling me a larger drinking oasis fan is a complement!) : and i was jsut commenting that at least my taste in bands isnt so werid, that at least people have heard of most of the bands i like, and i'm in a huge marjority when it comes to people liking them -

dont get me wrong tho - just cause everybody else likes them, doesnt mean that they are great, etc

music taste is personal

but to some extent good record sale does imply a "good band", cause they wouldnt sell anything if they were sh1t - but some good bands do get poor record sales....

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 16:33

spade hole dig

nopassingphase - 1-4-2003 at 16:45

david sneddon, tatu, christina aguilera, gareth gates all very good acts? i think not.

mentalist - 1-4-2003 at 16:53

Two young girls kissing is always a good act in my opinion. hmm. I can now watch it in public without fear of prejudice. What do I mean, of course it is about the 'music'

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 16:56

*shakes head*

dunnerz - 1-4-2003 at 17:36

Quote:
Originally posted by nopassingphase
david sneddon, tatu, christina aguilera, gareth gates all very good acts? i think not.

they are very good at what they do

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 17:40

and they aRe richer than us......hehe

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 17:52

in life there are facts and opinions. many would argue that music is a matter of taste, therefore opinion. but those people would be missing the fundemental fact that good music has always, and this includes in pre-pop music years/eras/epochs, relied on talent, technical accuracy and ability and, possibly most importantly, originality. therefore, you're all wrong... so very wrong... and that's fact, not opinion.

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 17:56

well i cErtainly feel enlightened now...thanx

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 18:01

*pokes out tongue*

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 18:06

sticking your tongue out is very rude......did u're mother never tell you that girl

*mojo*

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by mojo]

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 18:08

yes... *shrugs*

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 18:24

Quote:
in life there are facts and opinions. many would argue that music is a matter of taste, therefore opinion. but those people would be missing the fundemental fact that good music has always, and this includes in pre-pop music years/eras/epochs, relied on talent, technical accuracy and ability and, possibly most importantly, originality. therefore, you're all wrong... so very wrong... and that's fact, not opinion.

Mirella, you remind me so much of the cat from 'Get Fuzzy' it's frightening: "I'm not close minded, you're just wrong"

Technical ability? Most of the stuff you listen to is shambolic! It IS a matter of taste, no matter what you say. If you don't like something, fine. But what's the point in trying to persuade everyone else not to like it? It's A) pointless and B) arrogant.
James, Jo et al like Junior Senior, you don't. leave it there.

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 18:25

she will learn to like i too......wait til she leaves uni hehe......she may even come dancing too......*shock horror*

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 18:30

no. she won't. and nothing i listen to is shambolic. what did you have in mind when you said that?

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 18:37

Lots of stuff. Moldy Peaches aren't technically good at all, Ballboy and stuart murdoch can't sing, etc etc therefore by your definition this makes them bad because they're not technically accurate.

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 18:39

moldy peaches are original. stuart murdoch can sing! he has an excellent vocal range.

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 18:44

yeah, just a shame he can't hit the note.
Original doesn't mean good. If someone farts in a bucket, records it and sells it, it doesn't make it good. The mistake people make with stuff like Autechre and Aphex twin- no one else is doing it so it must be good- no, it's b*llocks.

"Originality consists of returning to the origin" - Antoni Gaudi

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 18:47

some aphex isn't that bad. i like gaudi too

**stargirl** - 1-4-2003 at 18:50

no, but then beethoven didn't become a musical legend for copying mozart.

Matt Paradise - 1-4-2003 at 18:51

Aphex Twin is just taking the piss. Examples? On his 'new' remix record some of the 'remixes' are just squiggles he had lying around. He couldn't be arsed to remix, so when the courier came round he just gave them a random tape. Cue lots of beard scratching "Hmm, yes I love what you've done to it, complete opposite to what it was yadd yadda yadda"

i am sam - 1-4-2003 at 22:05

so anyway.

quite randomly a minidisc copy of the junior senior album landed on my doorstep today. and it's great. hooray! it sounds like a cross between primal scream and aqua. no, really.

and you're all wrong. about everything.

mojo - 1-4-2003 at 22:12

i want the album...... *sigh*

dunnerz - 2-4-2003 at 00:31

Quote:
Originally posted by i am sam
so anyway.

and you're all wrong. about everything.

and i was jsut about to write sam is great, but if im wrong then i shant bother

yes the album is great!!

**stargirl** - 2-4-2003 at 09:44

*rolls eyes and walks away*

tombabylon - 2-4-2003 at 17:06

*Gallops in on nearly-dead mule. Picks up hose, connects it to nearby incontinent and gives everyone a liberal dousing. Sweeps Matthew up into his arms and rides off into the distance. Comes across mirrella who is still rolling her eyes and walking away, and sweeps her up too. Has to repremand the both of them for talking antagonising sh1t in the back because the mule is getting testy. Comes to a forgotton petrol station where Gareth Gates is playing backgammon with Richey from the manic street ranters. Buy some Ginsters. Matt and Mirella start arguing about spicy chicken flavour. Mule explodes.*

xjohnx - 2-4-2003 at 17:26

music isn't all about talent technical ability and such muso wotnot

its about entertainment and dancing and fun (and maybe helping to spread a message but not al the time)

i quote the teen idles

we're just a bunch of punk kids
our music hurts yer ears
we need a little more practice
maybe in a couple of years

Get up and Go
Get up and Go
Get up and Go

and that from the guy who started DIY
set up his own DIY label
and went on to form several very influential bands

peace
xjohnx

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by John]

Matt Paradise - 2-4-2003 at 17:28

he he!
Spicy chicken is most scrumpcious.

xjohnx - 2-4-2003 at 17:37

well i was lazy if you want the full lyrics to Get up and Go

then go to
http://www.inlyrics.com/songs/Teen_Idles_LYRICS/Teen_Idles.html

if you can be asked

peace
xjohnx

mojo - 2-4-2003 at 17:49

Quote:
Originally posted by tombabylon
*Gallops in on nearly-dead mule. Picks up hose, connects it to nearby incontinent and gives everyone a liberal dousing. Sweeps Matthew up into his arms and rides off into the distance. Comes across mirrella who is still rolling her eyes and walking away, and sweeps her up too. Has to repremand the both of them for talking antagonising sh1t in the back because the mule is getting testy. Comes to a forgotton petrol station where Gareth Gates is playing backgammon with Richey from the manic street ranters. Buy some Ginsters. Matt and Mirella start arguing about spicy chicken flavour. Mule explodes.*

tom....i don't think you should be shut up in that office anymore.....

*mojo*

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 10:58

i would never argue about spicy chicken flavour tom! i don't like chicken ever!

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 11:00

Quote:
Originally posted by John
its about entertainment and dancing and fun (and maybe helping to spread a message but not al the time)

you. are. wrong.

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 11:39

umm i hate to be annoying but theres the point

sometimes i get the impression that you think everyone who disagrees with you is wrong, and all music you don't like is crap

no offense but it seems like a very weird way to veiw the world, if everybody likes a piece of music and enjoys dancing to it, then there must be something good about it

music is for having good clean fun
your just jealous coz you can't dance .... go on admit it hehe

peace
xjohnx

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by John]

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 11:44

all music you don't like is crap
*nods* of course! that's why i don't like it!!

it seems like a very weird way to veiw the world,
so it would make sense to say "yeah, it's amazing, but i still hate it!"????

if everybody likes a piece of music and enjoys dancing to it, then there must be something good about it
there is no piece of music that EVERYONE likes... and if you hadn't noticed, the majority of people who buy music in this country like gareth gates and christina aguilara... so, according to you, that mUst be good.

Matt Paradise - 3-4-2003 at 11:54

It's actually possible to appriciate music even if it's not to your taste.
I think I have the best taste, but then i would- it's taken me ages to build up a big collection of music that's personal to me and my style. But I can still be objective- if I like something that i know isn't really very good, I can tell. Similarly if I don't like something that people I know do like, I can tell if it is good or not, even though it's not to my own specific taste.

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by Matt Paradise]

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 11:55

yes it probly is, i don't like the money making aspest of it and some of the lack of ethics shown by parts of the music industry but i have nothhing against it in terms of the style of music

just because i personallydon't like a style of music it does not make it crap

as i've said before if gareth gates did everything for charity and spoke out on worthy causes on the odd occaision then i wouldn't have a problem with it, its just the money spinning of pop that i don't like

pop when its done well is some of the best music ever, just look at the smiths

peace
xjohnx

ps http://www.freewheelzine.co.uk

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 11:59

if i hear good music i like it. if i hear bad music i don't like it. i don't say "ooh, it's really good but i don't like it" because that's so male and illogical.

i don't think that where the money goes affects how good the music is.

Matt Paradise - 3-4-2003 at 12:06

Quote:
if i hear good music i like it. if i hear bad music i don't like it. i don't say "ooh, it's really good but i don't like it" because that's so male and illogical.

No, that's simplistic and closed-mindedness.

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:08

yes. obviously matt. you're so right all the time. i forgot i can't have an opinion if it doesn't match yours. no matter how much sense it makes. and that for voicing it if it doesn't correlate with yours i'm closed-minded. thank you for reminding me.

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by **stargirl**]

Rockajeglo - 3-4-2003 at 12:10

I dunno. i always thought that it was possible to listen to something and think 'ok so i don't really dig that track/album/whatever but i can appreciate where they're coming from & some people might like it'. it might be sh*te to one person but that may not necessarily make it universally sh*te... might just be me though, fair enough if that's the case.

Maybe i've completely missed the point. and i have little doubt that this will become apparent because (1) either there are too many shades of grey or (2) i haven't taken into account protestations of it not being 'hardcore' enough or whatever or (3) it will get ripped to pieces or (4) i'll be invited to partake in a suicide pact.

Or something.

i really need to go back to bed.

[Edited on 3/4/2003 by Rockajeglo]

Matt Paradise - 3-4-2003 at 12:12

Quote:
yes. obviously matt. you're so right all the time. i forgot i can't have an opinion if it doesn't match yours. no matter how much sense it makes. and that for voicing it if it doesn't correlate with yours i'm closed-minded. thank you for reminding me.

Oh I'm really sorry, I didn't realise that it's ok for you to argue with someone who's viewpoint doesn't correlate with your own, but no one's allowed to argue with you. Please accept my apologies.

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:18

I dunno. i always thought that it was possible to listen to something and think 'ok so i don't really dig that track/album/whatever but i can appreciate where they're coming from & some people might like it'.
i agree you can think "some people might like it" but that isn't the same as thinking it's good. it's just recognising that some people like stuff that isn't too great.
it might be sh*te to one person but that may not necessarily make it universally sh*te...
it's shiite or it's not shiite. some people may like shiite stuff, but it doesn't alter the fact it's rubbish.

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:19

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Paradise
Oh I'm really sorry. Please accept my apologies.

no, matt, that's quite alright.

Rockajeglo - 3-4-2003 at 12:20

fair enough.

oh well. i tried. my prediction was right though, although i did set myself up for it really.

i'll go back to sitting on the fence again

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:23

that's okee greggy. i would just like to know who you think "i don't like it but it IS really good" about.

Matt Paradise - 3-4-2003 at 12:26

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Paradise
Oh I'm really sorry. Please accept my apologies.

no, matt, that's quite alright.

Oh, i see what you've done there! That's really clever!

Rockajeglo - 3-4-2003 at 12:31

i don't know, 'cos i don't remember saying that anywhere... - and that's all i'm gonna say.

feel free to tear it to pieces, if you think it's weak then fair enough and it probably is, but that's the way of it. i can't construct arguments like people like the womb can so it's not too difficult to go through each sentence and analyse the flaws in it (which i have no problem with btw, full credit to anyone who is able to do that). someone else can finish it up if they wish.

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:39

because no-one says it!! everyone makes out they're so open-minded, instead of admitting that none of us say "it's really good but i don't like it" because either we think it's good and like it, or think it's not good and don't like it. and i'd love to know what music people say "it's really good but i don't like it" about.

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 12:42

no you were right greg, mirella's reply is just stupid

of course you can look at the music someone else likes and say, 'thats boring to me' , 'i can't dance to it' , 'it hurts my ears' etc but you can't say its shite just because it doesn't fit your taste, thats just silly

i mean i'm not a big fan of the music of south american tribal indians or church music or bhuddist chanting but i can't say its shite because i don't like it can I.

peace
xjohnx

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:46

but if you think something is good then you'll like it!!! it doesn't matter what genre it is!! i don't understand this whole idea of thinking something is good but not liking it? can someone PLEASE explain it to me...

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 12:52

i think bhuddist chanting is good, but i don't enjoy it

its easy when you think about it

just drop the idea that you must undoubtedly be right in your approach to life, consider all the angles and it comes naturally

oh my god i sound liek a 50's disney film character or something...

peace
xjohnx

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 12:58

that doesn't make sense!! if you think it is good you must like it. if you think it is good you must like the sound of it. you can't like the sound of something you think isn't good. and if you like the sound of it you like listening to it. and if you like listening to it you like it. it makes perfect sense!!

Rockajeglo - 3-4-2003 at 12:59

Quote:
but if you think something is good then you'll like it!!! it doesn't matter what genre it is!! i don't understand this whole idea of thinking something is good but not liking it? can someone PLEASE explain it to me...

I know, i know - i said i wouldn't say any more but at this stage I feel the need to clarify what I said in the first place.

I have absolutely no idea what the whole 'liking something which is good but not liking it' is all about, and to be perfectly honest i can't even see what the relevance is. all i said was that, even if you don't like something, i think it is possible to hear something and appreciate that OTHER people might like it, for whatever reason. Therefore, although it could be a steaming pile of sh*t to you, that doesn't necessarily make it a steaming pile of sh*t to somebody else. You might think 'oh that's got a really well-played guitar riff, someone who's into x might like it, but i think it's rotten', for instance.

Mirella - i agree with you about it not being possible to think something is good, but like it, but i can't see how it's relevant.

oh well... i'm keeping it shut now, i think i've laboured the point.

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 13:07

mirella thers a big difference in saying, 'i personally prefer the styyle type of music to another' or 'i like this music'

to saying 'i hate that music', 'everyone elses taste is shite' , which is basically what you are implying

peace
xjohnx

iheartrainermaria - 3-4-2003 at 14:54

*sighs*
*busts some kick-bottom hardcore move*

tombabylon - 3-4-2003 at 15:04

Oh for goodness sake. Who cares? Its music, not politics. There is no right or wrong. THATS THE WHOLE POINT. What happened to music being the great leveller? According to this board, it has done nothing but divide. Not so long ago, poor old mojo 'let it slip' that she liked the lighthouse family, and ever since has been swamped under a deluge of snobbery which the silly sausage has taken to heart, and is constantly making reference to the fact that she is not qualified to have an opinion, and that her music taste is somehow inferior to everybody elses. How can this be true? I tell you now jojo - never again should you apologise for your music tastes. You are perfectly justified to like whatever you do, and nobody should tell you different. I think the Lighthouse family are rubbish, but thats not because I know something you dont, it's because by some cosmic mystery of the universe it just doesnt blow my hair back. We should REVEL in the fact that Jojo likes the Lighthouse family, because she has come to this conclusion devoid of anything apart from what matters - she likes it. I thought that the reason you all came on this forum is to celebrate a shared passion for music, not to pick at each other about irrelevant bollocks.

**stargirl** - 3-4-2003 at 15:35

*thinks tom has a point and she maybe has forgotten about the point of the forum* but john's still wrong that its sole purpose is entertainment not art.

tombabylon - 3-4-2003 at 15:38

Sweet, yet wrong.

Simon Dyson - 3-4-2003 at 17:00

Your all crazy crazy people. But the award for worst post in the thread I think goes to James for thinking that the popularity of Oasis was a good defense for why his music taste is somehow superior to Mirella's. How I laughed.

Everyone listen to Tom. Tom's the man.

*sits back and waits for a backlash*

Rockajeglo - 3-4-2003 at 17:04

*walks away, slowly and resignedly*

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 17:42

art schmart
i wanna dance

peace
john

Simon Dyson - 3-4-2003 at 18:12

Is art not a form of entertainment?

xjohnx - 3-4-2003 at 18:48

well sort of, but inthink here mirella means it should only be for those who can 'appreciate good art' (whatever that is), whereas i just beleive whatever music a person happens to enjoy and have fun to is good

peace
john

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by xjohnx]

Simon Dyson - 3-4-2003 at 18:54

Different people appreicate music for different reasons. It's not a science (in most ways anyway) so there is no right or wrong. Oasis are still never going to posess any soul though.

mentalist - 3-4-2003 at 19:03

hahahahah

I didnt know mojo liked the lighthouse family !!

Are they still going?

Carl - 3-4-2003 at 19:55

>i'd love to know what music people say "it's really good but i don't like it" about.

I say that all the time and it's almost always because of the voice that I may think something's really good but can't enjoy it, just because I don't like the singer's voice. I would've enjoyed it, with no singing, or a different singer, and so can appreciate that the track is very good, even though I don't like it, because of the singing.

jazzy - 4-4-2003 at 00:14

i'd just like to thank everyone who participated in this discussion - it has amused me no end.

jazzy's special mentions have to go to to....

john- for having a fair point
matt - for being funny
mirella - for being on a very high horse - careful now, don't fall off!!!
tom - for being the voice of sense
james, sam and jojo - for being right about junior senior

xjohnx - 4-4-2003 at 00:24

na its ok, mirellas just joking about only liking music coz 'its art',

guess who likes aqua and uses it as a ring tone

i think you just lost a whole load of indie scene points mirella hahahahahaha

mind you i quite like one or two aqua songs too

peace
xjohnx

[Edited on 4-4-2003 by xjohnx]

**stargirl** - 4-4-2003 at 01:12

john, i don't want to be indie! when will you learn?!
simon is right for mentioning soul. if there's no soul there's no point.
carl, if you say "it's good but i don't like the singer" then you're not saying it's good at all... because you don't like the singer - obviously!
gareth, what high horse? second to tom, i am the voice of reason...

Carl - 4-4-2003 at 10:20

>carl, if you say "it's good but i don't like the singer" then you're not saying it's good at all... because you don't like the singer - obviously!

Yes I am, I'm saying the melody, beat, everything else about the tune is really good, and I like all those parts, but I don't think the singing's good, and so don't like the whole tune overall. Simple case of 'nice record shame about the singing.' I can't think of any other way to explain it really, except that I don't think it's a black and white case of like the whole record or don't like it, as you seem to be arguing.

I can think of some records where I really can't get enough of the breakdown, about 30 secs, but hate the rest of the record, about 6-7 mins. Maybe I'm not appreciating the art or the soul but I couldn't give a sh1t as I'm not sure I really even know what art or soul is.

**stargirl** - 4-4-2003 at 11:34

okee. in a situation where you "like the song but don't like the vocals", does the song make you feel anything? melencholy, energy, physical warmth?

Carl - 4-4-2003 at 17:24

Sometimes it does, yes all the feelings you describe. At other times though, I just get a kind of infectious desire to hear a song or a part of it yet it doesn't provoke any of the identifiable emotions you speak of. I just know I like the song, and have to hear it again.

What point were you leading on to?

i am sam - 4-4-2003 at 17:55

it's possible to really like a song but think the lyrics suck too.

xjohnx - 4-4-2003 at 19:48

Quote:
john, i don't want to be indie! when will you learn?!

you may not want to be but you can't help it, just like i can't help bein a lousy punk, we can't define our taste or what we enjoy, which is why judging another persons taste is silly

gareth, what high horse? second to tom, i am the voice of reason...

awwww surely you can see the funny side of that quote mirella ;- ) its a classic

peace
xjohnx

Carl - 4-4-2003 at 21:23

Urgh, John you've just written a reply in girly pink!

xjohnx - 4-4-2003 at 23:46

well it felt good, wouldn't make a habit of it mind, you should try it

peace
john

Matt Paradise - 5-4-2003 at 18:52

go tom! He da man!

Simon Dyson - 5-4-2003 at 18:57

I used to write in pink on ICQ and MSN all the time a few years ago. The only reason I did it was beause it always pissed off all the "ladish" people who would often remark such things as "Why are you writing in a giiiirl's colour?!!". I was even called a "poof" on the odd occasion because of it. Quite amusing really!

Carl - 6-4-2003 at 11:38

And is your purchasing of women's clothes from charity shops part of this rebellion, Simon?

Simon Dyson - 6-4-2003 at 13:41

no comment

**stargirl** - 6-4-2003 at 19:24

Quote:
Originally posted by xjohnx
you may not want to be but you can't help it, just like i can't help bein a lousy punk, we can't define our taste or what we enjoy, which is why judging another persons taste is silly

but you're defining mine by that comment!!

xjohnx - 6-4-2003 at 19:54

In no way did i ever imply that indie was inferior to punk in terms of musical style

You can define someone elses taste for sure, but you can't judge it and say its crap purely on aesthetic quality, opinion and taste

do you see what i'm gettin at now?

peace
john

dunnerz - 6-4-2003 at 20:01

man, what a bunch of muso snobs you all are (few expections)

jazzy - 6-4-2003 at 21:01

woo! go james!

xjohnx - 6-4-2003 at 22:57

Quote:
man, what a bunch of muso snobs you all are (few expections)

who are you talking about?

peace
john

dunnerz - 6-4-2003 at 23:05

everybody (well i'd say expect jazzy, tom and jojo)

seems like you all fall into either the snob, muso or muso snob catagory!!!

(yes i know i can be a little bit myself) - but recently its got really bad and really anal!!!

xjohnx - 6-4-2003 at 23:36

how the feck am i a snob or a muso?

peace
john

i am sam - 7-4-2003 at 00:39

i wrote a big reply to this. but deleted it because it made me sound like a muso snob which kind of defeated my argument.

anyway, hooray for muso snobs. if not for us we would be stuck in discussions about oasis all day. instead we get to discuss the finer points of 80s albums. i for one have been thoroughly educated about the former professions of henry rollins. now, if i ever meet him i shall ask his opinions on ice cream.

i'm going to give a prize to the person who can come up with the best henry rollins/black flag/ ice cream related joke.

dunnerz - 7-4-2003 at 01:03

Quote:
Originally posted by i am sam
i wrote a big reply to this. but deleted it because it made me sound like a muso snob which kind of defeated my argument.

anyway, hooray for muso snobs. if not for us we would be stuck in discussions about oasis all day. instead we get to discuss the finer points of 80s albums. i for one have been thoroughly educated about the former professions of henry rollins. now, if i ever meet him i shall ask his opinions on ice cream.

i'm going to give a prize to the person who can come up with the best henry rollins/black flag/ ice cream related joke.

sorry, ive done my usual thing of making a statement and not backing it up!!

i was only referring to the attidutes expressed in this thread - as it said, it all seems a bit anal.

also, you cant seem to make a comment without someone ramming some snidy statement back at you (or dissing your opion cause your an oasis, or lighthouse familiy fan) - i mean, yeah, its funny at times, but all the time is stupid!!!

we are all muso's - just by the fact we are on an inidie soc web forum - but i was just referring to the arrogant attiude that everyone seems to be taking to music that they dont like (as i said there are expetions) (hence muso snobs!)

and as for the snobbiness - lately there just seems to be alot of middle class arrogance around - and i was referring to a few little comments here are there (particually the whole silly girl/people thread)

yes, i know that i am also guitly of this, but i was pointing out that its getting worse lately!!

i could go on........

Simon Dyson - 7-4-2003 at 13:32

If you have specific issues then feel free to raise them but don't throw around vague comments like calling everyone snobs.

xjohnx - 7-4-2003 at 14:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Dyson
If you have specific issues then feel free to raise them but don't throw around vague comments like calling everyone snobs.

true

peace
john

dunnerz - 7-4-2003 at 15:20

Quote:

why not, if thats what i think!!

i did say there were execeptions!!! - i was just trying to point out that when u read back over recent posts quite a few memembers have seem to give the impression that they are being very arrogrant and snobbish - and the ones who cant see it, obviuosly have the biggest problem

im not naming names, because that would make me twice as bad as the ones involved!!!!

i just think we could all do with chilling a bit, being a bit nicer to each other, and respeciting each others music taste a bit more!!!!

in the words of john

peace!

Simon Dyson - 7-4-2003 at 15:35

By not naming names you're just pissing everyone off by calling everyone snobs.

dunnerz - 7-4-2003 at 16:00

another example of what i mean

i didnt say everyone was a snob - i said there were expections!!!

not everyone is being a snob all of the time......i'm just trying to say (me included) that we are all being a bit arrogant and aggresive towards each other - and not listening and respeciting what each other has to say about anything - and if we cant find a resonable excuse, we just insult the other person (again, me included).

....if you really want names.........

Rockajeglo - 7-4-2003 at 16:02

I definitely see where you're coming from James, but I think Simon has a point...

dunnerz - 7-4-2003 at 16:06

i just dont want to start a war of words!!!

Rockajeglo - 7-4-2003 at 16:06

(The last post didn't appear until after I did mine, in case you were wondering...)

Simon Dyson - 7-4-2003 at 17:07

Quote:

Is that implying that what I posted was an example of me being a snob?

James, you baffle me sometimes.

xjohnx - 7-4-2003 at 18:55

Quote:

i didnt say everyone was a snob - i said there were expections!!!

not everyone is being a snob all of the time......i'm just trying to say (me included) that we are all being a bit arrogant and aggresive towards each other - and not listening and respeciting what each other has to say about anything - and if we cant find a resonable excuse, we just insult the other person (again, me included).

....if you really want names.........

so if you don't want to argue why end it with that kind of agressive attacking comment implying that you think certain people are snobs

theres no point in saying you don't want to argue with people but still posting insults or implying derogatory comments about people

snob is a specific word, i'm sorry to be anoying but you can't go calling people snobs without backing it up

peace
john

ps anyhoo its probly just the wrong choice of word, i do that plenty of the time
so i probly shouldn't comment

Carl - 7-4-2003 at 19:04

>....if you really want names.........

Well come on then, stop teasing and bring them on. I wanna see this thing kick off. ;-)

Simon Dyson - 7-4-2003 at 19:17

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl
>....if you really want names.........

Well come on then, stop teasing and bring them on. I wanna see this thing kick off. ;-)

hehe...I reckon the snobs must out nubmer James at least 5-1

**stargirl** - 7-4-2003 at 22:56

Quote:
Originally posted by xjohnx
In no way did i ever imply that indie was inferior to punk in terms of musical style

who said that?!

iheartrainermaria - 8-4-2003 at 09:52

good covering xjohnx: that was close!
But I don't know how long I can hold back mirella so run boy run! Run as fast as ur little hardcore legs can carry you, phone emo headquarters, they'll sort u out with a safehouse.

xstux
xthe edam is strandedx

**stargirl** - 9-4-2003 at 10:02

i'd love the terms "muso" "snob" and "muso snob" to be defined by james...

dunnerz - 9-4-2003 at 10:18

muso snob = mirella and simon!!

can give u "my" dictionary definition if you want??

there u go!!

and john was right ealier - i used the word snob, where i didnt actually mean it - but couldnt think of a better word!!

xjohnx - 9-4-2003 at 10:21

Quote:
Originally posted by iheartrainermaria
good covering xjohnx: that was close!
But I don't know how long I can hold back mirella so run boy run! Run as fast as ur little hardcore legs can carry you, phone emo headquarters, they'll sort u out with a safehouse.

xstux
xthe edam is strandedx

theres nowhere safe from the indie mafia, thay're everywhere

peace
john

mojo - 9-4-2003 at 12:00

wOw what has this turned into in my absence!

just wanna say a few things...

*i do not really like the lighthouse family (that one comment has been twisted and bent out of shape ) for those that missed the comment i think i said that i had a couple of their mp3's on my 'commercial mix' on my pc.....along with other 'happy' stuff, like dido and kylie

*thankyou Tom for being nice (i still see myself as having little opinion, but that's cos i've not heard of any of these random bands so i have no comment)

*if u wanna write in pink go for it

*get off ur high horses the lot of you

*appreciate that we all have different tastes and just cos u don't like someone's music.....u shuld be able to appreciate and understand that they like it and so be nice

*junior senior are great

that's my 2 pence worth for now......think i'll go eat!

*mojo*

xjohnx - 9-4-2003 at 13:16

aww jojo don't be a pop apologist, just listen to the music that makes you happy

dido has a few good songs

eating is good also...goes off in search of food

peace
john

Simon Dyson - 9-4-2003 at 13:43

Quote:

Unless you can give evidence and a good case to back this up then please fcuk off before I'm tempted to make some kind of nasty response.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Simon Dyson]

i am sam - 10-4-2003 at 00:08

i want to be a muso snob.

i know way more about music than anyone (i just refuse to share it with you commoners.)

does that qualify me?

jazzy - 10-4-2003 at 01:49

i vouch for the fact that sam knows more about music than anyone ever.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by jazzy]

**stargirl** - 10-4-2003 at 13:18

music or bands?

i am sam - 10-4-2003 at 17:50

bands probably. my knowledge of 'music' is little more than grade 4 piano and a C in GCSE music.

Simon Dyson - 10-4-2003 at 19:29

Well you you beat my grade 3

**stargirl** - 11-4-2003 at 08:32

well, then you punks can bring it all on...

Simon Dyson - 11-4-2003 at 14:50

Quote:
well, then you punks can bring it all on...

What grade are you? I've forgotten...

**stargirl** - 11-4-2003 at 17:53

i only did one percussion grade: 5, because i needed it to apply for music a-level (and grade 3 piano when i was 10)

i am sam - 11-4-2003 at 18:02

like percussion is a 'real' instrument or something.

Rockajeglo - 11-4-2003 at 18:49

lol... i could have done music a-level without having done any grade, although I can play piano a bit and drums a little bit i'm completely ungraded. Mind you, i probably would have failed it, so i did music technology instead. How I miss pissing around on keyboards for five hours a week...

this uni needs a recording studio

all of the above was *really* random...

dunnerz - 13-4-2003 at 11:28

hehee
i'll "blow my own trumpet"

grade 4 theory
grade 5 trumpet (but never took grade 8, because i never bothered with grade 5 thoery!)
grade 4 piano

but more importantly
played in youth orchestra for 10 years - 4 of which as lead/solo trumpet

played in a semi-pro big band for 2 years before coming to uni

not that i think that it means i know any more than any of you - and i think music grades are pants - the only thing there good for is getting kids something aim for - or proof to their parents that they are doing something with thier instruments - i think if you can either play an instument and got talent, or you havnt (granted there are different levels of how much talent you have) - you can reach any grade u want, with enough deication and pracitce

- hehee - you can tell im trying to do work - otherwise i wouldnt have written so much!

dunnerz - 13-4-2003 at 11:37

Quote:
Quote:

Unless you can give evidence and a good case to back this up then please fcuk off before I'm tempted to make some kind of nasty response.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Simon Dyson]

you just seem to diss anything that isn't indie.....or even more to the point, not to your taste - its not that i expect you to like or listen to something that you dont like - just your attidude to anything else comes accross with an air or arrogance (or your dimissive to anyone who has a different view to you!).....im not going to go on, or it could get nasty....and you will no doubt respond to this - and well, im sure there will be another forum row!

but hey - i was just going for constructive ciritisim!!

(if your gonna repond- see if you can do it without a dad rock (oasis/ocs/weller) comment in there!)

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 13:01

Ok, this thread is a little old now so I can't remember everything I wrote but as far as I can see it is a Junoir Senior debate. Now having never heard anything by Junior Senior and having absolutely no idea who they are I very much doubt I at any point dissed them. Feel free to prove me wrong.

As for the rest of your points, it just seems that you don't want me to express an opinion on any music that I don't like. If I say something negative about a band that you like then so what? It's just my opinion. I'm sure you don't like plenty of music that I like.

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 13:04

I don't really think that grades prove much about musical talent. I don't know whether the higher grades are much different but for the lower grades that I took it was just a case of knowing how to play scales (you didn't even have to know why the scale you were playing were played like that), knowing a few arpegios and playing a song that you had been practicing for weeks so you didn't really even need the music infront of you. Having said that, I'm not claiming to be very musically talented.

dunnerz - 13-4-2003 at 13:46

Quote:
I don't really think that grades prove much about musical talent. I don't know whether the higher grades are much different but for the lower grades that I took it was just a case of knowing how to play scales (you didn't even have to know why the scale you were playing were played like that), knowing a few arpegios and playing a song that you had been practicing for weeks so you didn't really even need the music infront of you. Having said that, I'm not claiming to be very musically talented.

thats exaclty what i think about them!!!

jsut a shame the same cant be said of a degree!!!!!

xjohnx - 13-4-2003 at 16:41

what did noel gallagher say about music grades

i remember it had the phrase 'and now we're the biggest (insert expletive here) band in the world' in it

anyone remember?

none should care mind

peace
john

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by xjohnx]

Rockajeglo - 13-4-2003 at 17:13

I dunno about talent, that's a matter of opinion (and I don't really want to regurgitate old arguments), but Paul McCartney couldn't (and as far as I know, still is unable to) read music at all, but he's a reasonably accomplished multi-instumentalist (he played all the instuments on his first solo LP).
I like that kind of self-sufficiency. Just think how much money you'd save on session musician fees if you just learned to play it all yourself

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 20:18

I've got no idea what John is going on about...

If you can sing and play guitar then it would be pretty easy to play bass to a reasonable level. The only other thing you've then got to learn in order to make a basic record is the drums. I've never played the drums myself but I can't imagine it would take too long to pick up the basics.

xjohnx - 13-4-2003 at 20:27

i was joking, noel randomly mocks his music teachers for no aparent reason, he didn't get a grade four or something. To be honest i wasn't really listening to a word he was saying
its generally just rampant egotism

you need no musical talent to be a great band, just look at punk.

and eric clapton is a git anyhow

peace and love
xjohnx

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 20:31

It depends whether you define musical talent as the technical ability to play an instrument or the ability to pen a nifty pop tune. I would probably say it lies somewhere inbetween the two.

hmm...if Noel donated a penny for everytime he's made some reference to Oasis being "the biggest fucking band in the world" then he would have probably paid off all third world debt by now...

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by Simon Dyson]

xjohnx - 13-4-2003 at 20:35

its harder towrite a really good pop tune, think about it

more people write the stuff so it takes more to stand out

musical talent and artyness are overated

peace
john

dunnerz - 13-4-2003 at 23:32

Quote:
I've got no idea what John is going on about...

If you can sing and play guitar then it would be pretty easy to play bass to a reasonable level. The only other thing you've then got to learn in order to make a basic record is the drums. I've never played the drums myself but I can't imagine it would take too long to pick up the basics.

man - u can tell you never sat at a drum kit - its really really hard

its one of those things - either you can play it or you cant!!

yeah - you can make a noise, and play a steady 4/4 rythmn, but anything else - its really hard

like patting your head and rubbing your stomach, whilst tapping your left foot in opposition to your head pats and tapping your right leg on every third beat

- expect more compilcated!!!!

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 23:37

I only said pick up the basics, not be a pro! I've spoken to people who said they picked up the basics really quickly, so I guess it can be done. I'm not saying I necessarily could though, coordination has never been my strongest attribute

dunnerz - 13-4-2003 at 23:39

hehee

thats my problem too!!!

Simon Dyson - 13-4-2003 at 23:41

Hopefully Mirella will be bringing up her drumkit next year so she can teach me. Should be fun!

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 09:59

simon, you can pick up the basics really easily, but you can also make a great song sound shite with bad drumming. or you can make an average song sound great. people underrate drumming. and yes sam, i think you'll find percussion IS a real instrument, and requires a lot more versatility than anything else. james, i was principle percussionist in my county orchestra.

Rockajeglo - 14-4-2003 at 11:08

this is true, bad drumming does stick out like a sore thumb, you can usually get away with the old 'fat finger' syndrome on a keyboard (hell, i've done it enough times ) but one or two dodgy beats out of time and it shows. I wish I'd carried on playing the drums. Which is why I'm gonna learn bass instead. Great logic.

Perhaps it's like most musical things: easy to learn, difficult to master...

[Edited on 14/4/2003 by Rockajeglo]

Simon Dyson - 14-4-2003 at 12:13

Quote:
james, i was principle percussionist in my county orchestra.

You're full of little secrets! Anyone would think you're embarassed of your past

BTW, how do you take grades in drumming? It's not like you can do scales and arpegios!

jazzy - 14-4-2003 at 12:14

whats the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

you only need to punch info into a drum machine once

Simon Dyson - 14-4-2003 at 12:28

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, so long as the roadie gets the ladder, sets it up and puts the bulb in the socket for him.

How can you tell when a drummer's at the door?
He doesn't know when to come in

How can you tell when the drum riser is level?
Drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.

What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
Homeless.

How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
None: they have a machine to do that now.

What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
"Hey guys, why don't we try one of my songs?

Why to bands need Roadies?
To translate what the drummer says.

A new customer walks into the new store on the block that sells brains. There are three glass cases, each containing a nice wet quivering grey brain. The first one says "Astrophysicist", and it costs $10. The second says "Avon Salesman" and costs $1000. The third says "Drummer" and costs $10,000. The customer is confused, and questions the salesperson.
"I don't get it...why would I want a drummer's brain for $10,000 when I can get an astrophysicists' for $10?".

The salesman replies, "Because it's never been used."

What does a drummer use for contraception?
His personality!

A drummer, tired from being ridiculed by his peers, decides to learn how to play some "real" musical instruments. He goes to a music store, walks in, approaches the store clerk, and says "I'll take that red trumpet over there and that accordian."
The store clerk looks at him a bit funny, and replies "OK, you can have the fire extinguisher but the radiator's got to stay".

What's the best way to confuse a drummer?
Put a sheet of music in front of him.

If a dollar bill was laying in the center of a room, and the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, a drummer with good time, and a drummer with bad time were standing in the corners, who would get the money?
The drummer with bad time since the other three don't exist.

"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"
"Oh, about a half beat behind the drummer."

...I could go on....

jazzy - 14-4-2003 at 12:29

yeah, but you cut and paste those from a website....

jazzy - 14-4-2003 at 12:30

the $100 bit and the store clerk bit gives the game away a bit. no right thinking person would say store clerk

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 12:31

simon, they aren't little secrets... you don't have scales on drumkit, but you have rudiments. paradiddles and ruffs etc... and of course, on tuned percussion you have scales...

what's the difference between gareth and every other "bassist" in the world?
all the other bassists actually have and play a bass.

jazzy - 14-4-2003 at 12:39

what's the difference between mirella and every other bitchy ho?

actually, there aren't any...

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 12:41

that's right, because i AM the bitchiest person in the world. bring it on you inferior tykes.

jazzy - 14-4-2003 at 12:42

it's true - the stats speak for themselves

Rockajeglo - 14-4-2003 at 12:43

miaow!!

eugh, rudiments... *shakes head*

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 12:44

i know. i rule. that poll was created to encourage my bitchiness, i was always going to win, but just to ensure it i had to keep up form.

Simon Dyson - 14-4-2003 at 12:46

Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy
yeah, but you cut and paste those from a website....

I didn't say I didn't. Although I cut and pasted each one form a seperate site but that would an an anal thing to point out...oh hang on, I already did. But anyway, I meant i could have carried on CnPing.

Does anyone know why everyone says cut and paste when you actually copy and paste? (becausing cutting and pasting deletes the original text)???????

Rockajeglo - 14-4-2003 at 12:46

i wouldn't speak too soon... it would appear you've been overtaken...

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 12:49

Quote:
Does anyone know why everyone says cut and paste when you actually copy and paste? (becausing cutting and pasting deletes the original text)???????

now thAt was anal

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by **stargirl**]

Simon Dyson - 14-4-2003 at 13:09

Quote:
Quote:

now thAt was anal

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by **stargirl**]

I was just curious!

Carl - 14-4-2003 at 14:09

>people underrate drumming.

Yeah, definitely it is underrated in indie music, and under-used. If I was a drummer, I wouldn't want to be one for an indie band.

i am sam - 14-4-2003 at 18:15

er. that drumming thing was a joke. i just thought it would start a nice little argument. seems i was right.

i was quite musically retarded whilst i was having lessons. the difference between a sharp and a flat never occured to me until after i got grade 4.

i'm trying desperately to remember the drumming terminolgy my friend taught me. 'something triplets'. hmmm, what was it?

didn't damon albarn fail gcse or a-level music?

**stargirl** - 14-4-2003 at 19:30

it wouldn't surprise me - and look what a spacker he turned out to be!

jazzy - 15-4-2003 at 10:13

Quote:
it wouldn't surprise me - and look what a spacker he turned out to be!

yeah i'd hate to be a spacker who's written seven albums, all of which have sold a lot. i'd really hate the critical acclaim of at least 4 of those albums.
damon may have failed a-level music but he's still got an ear for a tune and can write fantastic songs. so there!

dunnerz - 15-4-2003 at 12:06

...handbags at 10 paces!

iheartrainermaria - 15-4-2003 at 12:20

this is way past handbags. Its time for chewing gum in hair.

<----Look at bruce, he is up for it.

jazzy - 15-4-2003 at 13:05

that wasn't even meant to be handbags! sarcasm doesn't work on a messageboard does it?

Rockajeglo - 15-4-2003 at 13:11

lol.

i like your new signature btw jazzy...

Simon Dyson - 15-4-2003 at 22:25

Writing Think Tank must negate at least one of the previous albums

**stargirl** - 16-4-2003 at 17:59

i agree si, it's not very good is it?