Board logo

oh so quiet
dunnerz - 5-8-2008 at 19:50

Dam facebook !

I miss the old forum banter, still, I don't have much time to come on here or facebook.

nome - 8-8-2008 at 20:47

God this is a depressing state of affairs!

Carl - 11-8-2008 at 11:29

Quote:
Originally posted by dunnerz

Dam facebook !
I miss the old forum banter, still, I don't have much time to come on here or facebook.

Am I missing something about Facebook? I've found it's really good for organising events, chatting with my friends and maybe chatting with a few friends at once. But there seems to be little or no capacity for talking with people I don't know about music and other stuff, which is what forums like this were about. You can start up groups on Facebook, but no 'banter' takes place because the 'forum' part of it is sh*t. The Facebook Indiesoc group is a good example of that, in fact.

slow riot - 2-9-2008 at 00:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Am I missing something about Facebook? I've found it's really good for organising events, chatting with my friends and maybe chatting with a few friends at once. But there seems to be little or no capacity for talking with people I don't know about music and other stuff, which is what forums like this were about. You can start up groups on Facebook, but no 'banter' takes place because the 'forum' part of it is sh*t. The Facebook Indiesoc group is a good example of that, in fact.

yah there is no possibility to talk random musical shit on facebook. and no, you're not missing the point. it's more of a social tool than a conversational thing.

i guess this forum was unlucky in many respects, I see no reason why it should die. I enjoyed many a quality discussion here.

fair play to whoever sorted all that spam out. that was a major step.

Matt Paradise - 16-10-2008 at 11:59

Hooray, the spam has gone!

Bring back Indiesoc; as you chaps say, FB is no good for conversation.

RadioEd - 1-11-2008 at 16:58

i'm back. paradise, beyond that methamphetamine haze, i'm sure we spoke about this last week; right before leppard greased his thumb and rectally invaded naomi.

nome - 1-11-2008 at 20:08

I too happen to be back.

Sam did not invade me I hasten to add, merely threatened.

I did say in a similar haze that I would u2u people and I like to keep to my word so I am off to send some u2us old school style.

Matt Paradise - 3-11-2008 at 22:26

Guess who's back
Back again

jazzy - 7-11-2008 at 14:41

i prefer this place because i can skive at work and it doesn't show on my facebook status that all my colleagues can see...

dunnerz - 18-11-2008 at 22:57

yeah - bring back the forum!

EternalLife - 16-1-2009 at 21:00

I agree! I miss this forum, and checking it every few minutes while I was supposed to be writing essays