Board logo

IndieSoc Milkshake @ Route this Thursday (April 29th 2004)
jazzy - 26-4-2004 at 22:07

IndieSoc takes over Route for a night with Gareth [jazzy], Matt [Paradise] and [i am] Sam DJing.

Make sure you pick a flyer up (there are many knocking around campus) and you can get into the event free before 12.30. Alternatively you can get in with your NUS Card until 10.30 for free.

There are free buses running to and from campus to the event at Route in the town centre (first bus leaves under the podia at 9.30) and the first 25 people into the event will receive a free beer so get down early!

self_five_for_the_big_dog - 27-4-2004 at 07:36

If you are taking requests for songs, razorlight, 22-20s, and sounds of the dolphin would be great.

TC - 27-4-2004 at 11:22

i wanna go but may not be able to due to a bastard of a gv200 exam on crosstabulation i had forgotten all about

but i hope to make at least a brief appearance. any classic supergrass would be good

TC

Eleanor Conroy - 27-4-2004 at 12:14

gv200's easy - don't bother trying to understand it, just remember it and you'll pass with flying colours! there you go, problem solved...

TC - 27-4-2004 at 13:48

yeah, but more often than not i don't remember it

TC

self_five_for_the_big_dog - 27-4-2004 at 19:23

oh yeah and the datsuns, great drunk party music.. you can bang out some mean air guiter to them.

dangermouse - 28-4-2004 at 09:46

Just like to advise everyone to get a flyer quickly as sam only has 4000!

wen

Lo - 28-4-2004 at 12:03

Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy
Make sure you pick a flyer up (there are many knocking around campus)

Most of them are in Greg's wallet

FUCK, I've just realised I can't go, I've got to go home after work cos I have the fucking dentist on Friday morning - unless I drive to Stow in the morning, of course... ooh, thought..

Lo. x

jazzy - 28-4-2004 at 15:06

any more requests?

Lo - 28-4-2004 at 16:02

Seeing as I can go now, can I request some Menswe@r? Sleeping In, or I'll Manage Somehow would be funkalicious .

Lo. x

jazzy - 28-4-2004 at 21:16

i'll manage somehow...to forget my menswear cd

just kidding, remind me tomorrow night and against my better judgement i may just play it!

Eleanor Conroy - 28-4-2004 at 21:30

i might play some menswe@r on tuesday cos i lurrrrve them

Cleverest_of_monkeys - 28-4-2004 at 21:33

Quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor Conroy

They nearly played by year 11 ball but then got to big to do it

Lo - 29-4-2004 at 10:51

You asked for it now Gareth - expect copious Menswe@r-related texts all day .

Ooh, cheers El, I shall try to be there - what time you DJ'ing?

Lo. x

dexterpanik - 29-4-2004 at 11:01

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleverest_of_monkeys

Quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor Conroy

They nearly played by year 11 ball but then got to big to do it

they'd probably do it for a packet of peanuts now.

Eleanor Conroy - 29-4-2004 at 11:39

Quote:
Originally posted by Lo

Ooh, cheers El, I shall try to be there - what time you DJ'ing?

not sure yet, so you'll just have to get there when doors open just in case I did play stardust last time i think, but not that many people danced - heathens!

i am sam - 29-4-2004 at 13:29

i'll manage somehow isn't the most ridiculous request i've had today... i'll also bring my menswear cd and might play it if it takes my fancy.

dunnerz - 29-4-2004 at 18:42

am going to su first tonight -and going to try to head to route later

what time is the bus

mojo - 29-4-2004 at 18:44

from 9.30

mojo - 30-4-2004 at 00:22

was a really good night, cool to see everyone, and i now know who a few more people are! hehe

maverick and dexter......we were in the queue in front of you guys (offered u flyers!) so yeah 'hi'

sorry we left so early......got a long day in town 2moro, but very good DJ-ing, well done good sirs bring on tues!

*mojo*

Matt Paradise - 30-4-2004 at 02:08

Thanks to everyone who came, it was an excellent night!

self_five_for_the_big_dog - 30-4-2004 at 09:12

Good work last night guys, some fine tunes and good prices for the beer, had lots of fun.

Enjoyed everybodys set, cheers Sam for the ryan adams-where was that cd you promised me tho tut tut?

Thanks Gareth for trying to sit on my shoulders very interesting, dont think the bouncer liked that much!!!

Oh yeah cheers Matt for the free chips in pitta bread, went down a treat.

(the two threads about indie soc at route is confussing)

Maverick - 30-4-2004 at 09:16

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo

was a really good night, cool to see everyone, and i now know who a few more people are! hehe

maverick and dexter......we were in the queue in front of you guys (offered u flyers!) so yeah 'hi'

*mojo*

Lovely. Heeeello!
Thank you very much. Given your generosity I'll play down the fact you got IDed

Can everyone forgive me for the overbearing presence of my stuuupid face last night.

Thanks to Sam for playing 'Pink Glove' even if I was the only one to know it! Nice one...