» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: 4355 Guests
Members: 1 Member

Mercury Rising

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: libertines split
jazzy

Mood: discombobulated
posted on 19-6-2003 at 14:42 Reply With Quote
libertines split

This was posted by Pete on The Libertines board earlier - it looks like the rumours are true....apparently the rest of the band are playing on though without Pete like they have been out in Europe.

Oi nyou lot, I thought it was a sick joke when Banny said not to show up because the band would not welcome me. But having spoken to Carlos it is true - he does not want to play with me, in my current 'condition'. I'm not sure what he means but he's deadly serious and its settled. I'm getting a new line up together for the babyshambles tour of Albion forthcoming so all able bodied men and women step forward.

I assure you I did my fucking damndest to get to Paris anyway, but can see now how badly they went out of their way to prevent me leaving the country ( stealing a mans passport out of his pocket whilst he slept)Can't let it get you down, heartbreaking as it was. The lights are all on, it is clear. There is no use moaning about it, it's the way it is. I'm getting on with things without any of them, though god knows I love him.. it's not happening anymore and its the way it is. Fuck 'em. And fuck all you who sit back typing self-preening running me down - Carlos asked me not to play, that he didn't want me, so that's that.

he then went onto add......

First:
I can see it from their point of view, I have proven unreliable and let people down. Gary, John and Carl have worked like martyrs and I just expect to show up when I choose. They have made a stand and I can't just swan up and plug in and scream it all out anymore. I don't want to be in that position anymore, I dont want to have all of 'em relying on my whims, and the thoughtlessness of my relatives dropping off one by one.

second:
I am not comfortable with the line up and over the months have repeatedly (if a little cowardly in my subtleness) tried to explain to Gary and John that I don't want to be in a band with them. My capriciousness deters them from taking me seriously but that is the way it is. My new songs are all I have, along with my liberty, and everything has to be just right from now on in. I need to start singing my new songs, and I want to play with other people.

thirdly:
the recent responses from Libertines fans have made me a little bored and aweary. I think a sensitive, more open minded crowd of ears awaits me and yes, I'll watch my back.

"In descending order of vehemence, my objections to the Tory species stem from a) everything they do, b) everything they say, c) everything they stand for, d) how they look, e) their stupid names and f) the noises I imagine they make in bed."

Currently listening to:
View jazzy's Profile Visit jazzy's Homepage View All Posts By jazzy U2U jazzy jazzy's Gallery MSN Profile
Matt Paradise

Mood: Pimpin
posted on 19-6-2003 at 15:18 Reply With Quote
oh shit. Pete's such a bloody idiot.
Currently listening to:
View Matt Paradise's Profile View All Posts By Matt Paradise U2U Matt Paradise
jazzy

posted on 19-6-2003 at 15:31 Reply With Quote
me and gem are going to see them on wednesday - well gary, john and carl anyway! apparently the european shows without pete have been fantastic though
still he's an idiot - you're right

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by jazzy]

"In descending order of vehemence, my objections to the Tory species stem from a) everything they do, b) everything they say, c) everything they stand for, d) how they look, e) their stupid names and f) the noises I imagine they make in bed."

Currently listening to:
View jazzy's Profile Visit jazzy's Homepage View All Posts By jazzy U2U jazzy jazzy's Gallery MSN Profile
Matt Paradise

Mood: Pimpin
posted on 19-6-2003 at 16:18 Reply With Quote
lucky cunting you
Currently listening to:
View Matt Paradise's Profile View All Posts By Matt Paradise U2U Matt Paradise
The Womb
I should get a life

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 19-6-2003 at 16:25 Reply With Quote
*Stretches braces with thumbs and dons cockney accent*

"It'll all blow over in the morrrrning......"

Currently listening to:
View The Womb's Profile E-Mail The Womb View All Posts By The Womb U2U The Womb
jazzy

posted on 20-6-2003 at 12:11 Reply With Quote
arf!

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 21-6-2003 at 01:57 Reply With Quote
"The Libertines will be going ahead with their UK tour even though Peter Doherty will not appear at the shows.

"Peter is unwell and the band are very concerned for his well being, they have told him out of concern for his health that he needs to get better before he can rejoin them. They also want it to be known they fully support him through this difficult time.

"The band are going ahead with the tour and will be joined on guitar by 21 year old east Londoner Nick. It was an extremely difficult decision for Carl, Gary and John to continue with the tour, but they decided they would proceed so as not to disappoint their fans, who they trust will understand the adverse situation they are in."

question is, how can the band carry on after pete said he didn't want john and gary in the band?

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 26-6-2003 at 01:51 Reply With Quote
apparently they might not be playing reading/leeds and have cancelled all other plans following that. sounds ominous...

Currently listening to:
TC

Mood: Safe as f***
posted on 13-11-2003 at 14:11 Reply With Quote
i thought stop was better. not that i don't like this song. i think your chart position will be pretty accurate

TC

Currently listening to:
View TC's Profile Visit TC's Homepage View All Posts By TC U2U TC TC's Gallery MSN Profile
TC

posted on 13-11-2003 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
ok, something really bizarre happened just then; my post above was meant as a reply to a singles review thread for brmc, but when i had pressed the button to post it brought me out here!

TC

Currently listening to:
View TC's Profile Visit TC's Homepage View All Posts By TC U2U TC TC's Gallery MSN Profile
Simon Dyson
Webmaster
Administrator

posted on 13-11-2003 at 16:55 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by TC
ok, something really bizarre happened just then; my post above was meant as a reply to a singles review thread for brmc, but when i had pressed the button to post it brought me out here!

TC

That's very odd indeed. I just posted a test reply myself and it went to the correct thread. I've got no idea how that could happen.

Currently listening to:
View Simon Dyson's Profile E-Mail Simon Dyson Visit Simon Dyson's Homepage View All Posts By Simon Dyson U2U Simon Dyson Simon Dyson's Gallery Simon+Dyson 's ICQ status
UnleadedPenguin

Mood: Shifty
posted on 14-11-2003 at 16:03 Reply With Quote
Which one is Pete?

"Fuck the Strokes, bomb Ibiza" - Keith Flint
Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back... Oh likely story, but leave a message and I'll call you back...

Currently listening to:
View UnleadedPenguin's Profile E-Mail UnleadedPenguin Visit UnleadedPenguin's Homepage View All Posts By UnleadedPenguin U2U UnleadedPenguin MSN Profile
RadioEd

Mood: LIVIN'
posted on 14-11-2003 at 16:34 Reply With Quote
the thief

http://www.alphalets.com/

Currently listening to:
View RadioEd's Profile E-Mail RadioEd Visit RadioEd's Homepage View All Posts By RadioEd U2U RadioEd RadioEd's Gallery MSN Profile
Eskibeat

posted on 4-7-2004 at 13:42 Reply With Quote
have you seen the article on www.thisisfakediy.com? it's pretty insightful... good site actually.
Currently listening to:
View Eskibeat's Profile View All Posts By Eskibeat U2U Eskibeat
Simon Dyson
Webmaster
Administrator

posted on 4-7-2004 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
Did you write it by any chance? I thought it was pretty shit... to be fair.

Currently listening to:
View Simon Dyson's Profile E-Mail Simon Dyson Visit Simon Dyson's Homepage View All Posts By Simon Dyson U2U Simon Dyson Simon Dyson's Gallery Simon+Dyson 's ICQ status
*Miss World*
Super Moderator

Mood:
posted on 4-7-2004 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy

"The band are going ahead with the tour and will be joined on guitar by 21 year old east Londoner Nick.

Is this Nick Garvrilovic (sp?) from Clacton who stood in for Pete last year?

Currently listening to:
View 's Profile View All Posts By U2U
jazzy

posted on 4-7-2004 at 18:40 Reply With Quote
this is an old old post, i dunno who is standing in for pete during the festivals. nick stood in for them at the forum gigs last summer

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by jazzy]

Currently listening to:
clarkogir

Mood: exam fucked
posted on 20-1-2005 at 11:44 Reply With Quote
i loop da loop on the old banjo

[Edited on 20-1-2005 by clarkogir]
Currently listening to:
View clarkogir's Profile E-Mail clarkogir Visit clarkogir's Homepage View All Posts By clarkogir U2U clarkogir
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 20-1-2005 at 11:48 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by clarkogir

I feel that the stand out tracks are 3.Positive Tension and 7. This Modern Love, and i agree that Price Of Gas is like nothing i've heard before and that She's Hearing Voices has definatley been brushed up since the E.P they released a few months back, so much gloomier and clean/sharp (of all the tracks it reminds me the most of Joy Division), but they are definatley backing up the hype.

ok...

???

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
clarkogir

Mood: exam fucked
posted on 20-1-2005 at 11:49 Reply With Quote
explanation

that post wasnt suppose to go there, in fact i dont know how it did, i was posting to the review of bloc party and for some reason it got posted on this thread, u jumped on it fast didnt u
Currently listening to:
View clarkogir's Profile E-Mail clarkogir Visit clarkogir's Homepage View All Posts By clarkogir U2U clarkogir
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 20-1-2005 at 12:22 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by clarkogir

that post wasnt suppose to go there, in fact i dont know how it did, i was posting to the review of bloc party and for some reason it got posted on this thread, u jumped on it fast didnt u

not really...calm down!

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
TC

posted on 20-1-2005 at 15:33 Reply With Quote
the same thing happened to me ages back, i postexd in a review thread and it came up in a completely irrelevent ancient forum thread

http://groups.msn.com/thetcfunpicarea - you're one stop shop for quality pics in hotpants, crazy shirts, cultural and historical sites, and a lads holiday in ibiza

Currently listening to:
Pete Simpson

Mood: hectic
posted on 23-1-2005 at 06:26 Reply With Quote
such a tradgedy, we shall never forget them.
Currently listening to:
View Pete Simpson's Profile E-Mail Pete Simpson Visit Pete Simpson's Homepage View All Posts By Pete Simpson U2U Pete Simpson MSN Profile
koko

posted on 7-4-2005 at 16:42 Reply With Quote
Babyshambles gig sold out

Babyshambles at KOKO on April 29th is now officially sold out.

www.koko.uk.com

Currently listening to:
View koko's Profile Visit koko's Homepage View All Posts By koko U2U koko
koko

posted on 7-4-2005 at 16:42 Reply With Quote
Babyshambles gig sold out

Babyshambles at KOKO on April 29th is now officially sold out.

www.koko.uk.com

Currently listening to:
View koko's Profile Visit koko's Homepage View All Posts By koko U2U koko
<<  1    2  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group 2002
Processed in 0.1924551 seconds, 60 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 307 access attempts in the last 7 days.