» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: 4354 Guests
Members: 1 Member

Mercury Rising

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Richie Edwards
frainy

Mood: quim
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:09 Reply With Quote
Richie Edwards

Dead or alive??
im actually not quite sure what i believe about him. id love to think he's still alive doing his bit for rock n roll by dissapearing (something id love to do if my band ever get big)

what do u think?

Currently listening to:
View frainy's Profile E-Mail frainy View All Posts By frainy U2U frainy
dexterpanik
Back from the Dead

Mood: emotional
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
DEAD

RIP 78 Brook Street
20 March 2004 - 19 March 2006

Great times were had.

Some of the deposit was retained.

Currently listening to:
View dexterpanik's Profile View All Posts By dexterpanik U2U dexterpanik
jamjizzle

Mood: RANDOMMMMMM
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:12 Reply With Quote
ALIVE

fo shizzle ma nizzles

Vin Diesel was the hunter who shot Bambi's Mother. He then wore her carcass like it was a coat while he made his rounds at the local children's hospital.

Currently listening to:
View jamjizzle's Profile E-Mail jamjizzle Visit jamjizzle's Homepage View All Posts By jamjizzle U2U jamjizzle   jamjizzle 's Aim jamjizzle 's ICQ status MSN Profile   jamjizzle 's Yahoo
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:18 Reply With Quote
like any of us have a fucking clue.!

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:19 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by frainy

dissapearing (something id love to do if my band ever get big)

why? sorry, i'm just curious...i didn't realise the promotion of suicide was thing year's 'thing'.

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
Maverick
I should get a life

Mood: coke tainted
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:20 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jesus

Quote:

why? sorry, i'm just curious...i didn't realise the promotion of suicide was thing year's 'thing'.

eh?

my teen lover just discovered she's a genius

Currently listening to:
View Maverick's Profile Visit Maverick's Homepage View All Posts By Maverick U2U Maverick
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:25 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick

Quote:

Quote:

eh?

i never said i wana kill myself! i said id wanna dissapear when my bands famous.open an account to put my royalties in then vanish for a year or two.then come back and say it'd all got too much for me and stuff. tis my goal...either that or fake my own death

Currently listening to:
dexterpanik
Back from the Dead

Mood: emotional
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:25 Reply With Quote
Quote:

like any of us have a fucking clue.!

that's a far more sensible answer than mine.

RIP 78 Brook Street
20 March 2004 - 19 March 2006

Great times were had.

Some of the deposit was retained.

Currently listening to:
View dexterpanik's Profile View All Posts By dexterpanik U2U dexterpanik
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:29 Reply With Quote
Quote:

i never said i wana kill myself! i said id wanna dissapear when my bands famous.open an account to put my royalties in then vanish for a year or two.then come back and say it'd all got too much for me and stuff. tis my goal...either that or fake my own death

but when you disappear, it might be perceived by your fans as a suicide (especially if you leave your car parked at the severn bridge) and they might think that it's "rock and roll" to hang themselves or something. which is isn't. it's retarded.

furthermore, i think richey may have been a *bit* fucked up. is that a goal too?

sorry, i'm not trying to be aggressive, i just don't understand the appeal of being a fuck-up.

[Edited on 14-1-2005 by jesus]

Currently listening to:
Maverick
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:34 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

but when you disappear, it might be perceived by your fans as a suicide (especially if you leave your car parked at the severn bridge) and they might think that it's "rock and roll" to hang themselves or something. which is isn't. it's retarded.

furthermore, i think richey may have been a *bit* fucked up. is that a goal too?

sorry, i'm not trying to be aggressive, i just don't understand the appeal of being a fuck-up.

if that causes them to think killing themselves is rocknroll, then I think they've probably got some pretty ingrained problems in the first place which are really none of the disappeared mr. frainy's business!
What next? Lord Lucan in inciting outbreak of suicides in latter 20th century controversy!!

Currently listening to:
View Maverick's Profile Visit Maverick's Homepage View All Posts By Maverick U2U Maverick
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:39 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

well people that blew there brains out when mr cobain did are obviously unhinged in the first place and were on the path to doing it but seeing kurt do it acted as a catalyst.
if people are weak enough to do it cos i dissapear then fuck em...they shouldnt be alive in the first place!

Currently listening to:
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:43 Reply With Quote
Quote:

if people are weak enough to do it cos i dissapear then fuck em...they shouldnt be alive in the first place!

fair enough, it's nice that you have so much love for your imaginary fans. i can possibly see how you could argue against copycat suicides being your fault, but i'm still not seeing why it's something you would actually ASPIRE to.

Currently listening to:
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:44 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

fair enough, it's nice that you have so much love for your imaginary fans. i can possibly see how you could argue against copycat suicides being your fault, but i'm still not seeing why it's something you would actually ASPIRE to.

probably because im a very destructive person. especially when it comes to myself i love othing more than watching my own self destruction...its been very very close a few times now.all fun and games

Currently listening to:
philvinder

Mood: Single
posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:49 Reply With Quote
Richey's long gone. Car on the Severn Bridge? Doesn't take a genius. Though it's sad, although I'm not a major Manics fan, that their popularity may be perceived to be due to Richey's death as opposed to being creative lyricists and musicians. After all, Nirvana's cds sold like hot cakes after Cobain blew his brains out. Same with Aaliyah (sure I've spelt that wrong?!). I agree about the unhinged thing, if you are that addicted to a musician or any kind of celebrity that you kill yourself, you must have had a screw loose in the first place. Some woman in the states took some group (whose name I have temporarily forgotten - a British group from the 80s/90s) to court, blaming subliminal messages in their songs to be the cause of her son's suicide. What the fuck? He was a teenager, young men often top themselves due to hormonal imbalances etc, nothing to do with music. Did you crash a wedding because of Busted????

Currently listening to:
View philvinder's Profile View All Posts By philvinder U2U philvinder   philvinder 's Aim
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:50 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by philvinder

Richey's long gone. Car on the Severn Bridge? Doesn't take a genius. Though it's sad, although I'm not a major Manics fan, that their popularity may be perceived to be due to Richey's death as opposed to being creative lyricists and musicians. After all, Nirvana's cds sold like hot cakes after Cobain blew his brains out. Same with Aaliyah (sure I've spelt that wrong?!). I agree about the unhinged thing, if you are that addicted to a musician or any kind of celebrity that you kill yourself, you must have had a screw loose in the first place. Some woman in the states took some group (whose name I have temporarily forgotten - a British group from the 80s/90s) to court, blaming subliminal messages in their songs to be the cause of her son's suicide. What the fuck? He was a teenager, young men often top themselves due to hormonal imbalances etc, nothing to do with music. Did you crash a wedding because of Busted????

weren't that dee snider from twisted sister???
i know he headed a court case about how lyrics and suicides were nothing to do with him

Currently listening to:
Maverick
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:52 Reply With Quote
Yeah and on that note Judas Preist were forced to defend themselves in court in America after someone proclaimed subliminal messages in their music drove their kid to suicide (or was it murder). either way, the fact it sounded like it said 'do it' very quietly was deemed hugely controversial. dear oh dear. and they blame it on marilyn and the heroin - where were the parents at.

Currently listening to:
philvinder

posted on 14-1-2005 at 16:57 Reply With Quote
Judas Priest, that's the one. I kept thinking of Jesus something, d'oh!

Currently listening to:
View philvinder's Profile View All Posts By philvinder U2U philvinder   philvinder 's Aim
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:02 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Did you crash a wedding because of Busted????

not personally. but i'm willing to bet frainy thinks it's rock and roll to vanish (which he/she said fairly clearly in the original post) because that's what a few rock stars have been seen to do in the past.

Currently listening to:
Maverick
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:08 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

not personally. but i'm willing to bet frainy thinks it's rock and roll to vanish (which he/she said fairly clearly in the original post) because that's what a few rock stars have been seen to do in the past.

do you have somekind of vendetta?

Currently listening to:
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:14 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i think he does..im actually a man-being a woman could be cool. lets just look at me as androgynous
i dont intentionally think "yeah thats rock n roll i wanna do it". i just wanna do certain things, vanishing,heroin,crack,coke,3somes etc and it jus happens that those things are classed as rock n roll.
admittedly im gettin "ROCK N ROLL" inked on my are this year in nice olde albion esque font.is that so wrong?

Currently listening to:
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:15 Reply With Quote
Quote:

no! i even said i wan't trying to be aggressive 'cos i know it might come across that way...i just think it's a bit irresponsible to want to get into the position of being a role model and then do something which, if copied, would be very harmful. and saying that anyone who copies you doesn't deserve to be alive in the first place is slightly strange, when your own rock star-influenced hopes and dreams of self-destruction put you in that bracket to begin with.

Currently listening to:
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:16 Reply With Quote
Quote:

i dont intentionally think "yeah thats rock n roll i wanna do it". i just wanna do certain things, vanishing,heroin,crack,coke,3somes etc and it jus happens that those things are classed as rock n roll.

i see. i stand corrected.

Currently listening to:
philvinder

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:21 Reply With Quote
But maybe getting rock and roll tatooed onto your arm would be a bit...erm, sad. I presume you are joking. It would be like having mum inked onto your upper arm, yikes, far too stereotypical. Like a Che Guevara poster on your bedroom wall or something.

Currently listening to:
frainy

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:24 Reply With Quote
hahaha i had a che guevara poster on my wall when i was 13 and thought communism could actually work!how young and silly was i??
im seriously considering ti.id rather get "all you need is love" in nice psychedelic writing

Currently listening to:
philvinder

posted on 14-1-2005 at 17:28 Reply With Quote
It would look ok, but maybe not in the long term. Henna stuff is better then you can change it every few weeks. Also, if you get really lardy in old age, then it stretches big time - especially if you have animal tatoos. That kitty could become a tiger, roar.

Currently listening to:
<<  1    2  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group 2002
Processed in 0.1782401 seconds, 61 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 307 access attempts in the last 7 days.