» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: 2936 Guests
Members: 1 Member

Bozzaholic

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: New Term, New CD Ring?
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 10:21 Reply With Quote
New Term, New CD Ring?

With the new term coming up and all I was wondering if anyone wanted to resurrect the old CD ring OR take advantage of the technology that is yousendit and perhaps make shorter compilation and swap them across the internet (it removes problems with people meeting up/CDs going missing/location)

Any thoughts?

Get a haircut, tuck your shirt in, be an artist

Currently listening to:
View if_only_ralph_were_real's Profile E-Mail if_only_ralph_were_real View All Posts By if_only_ralph_were_real U2U if_only_ralph_were_real
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 26-9-2005 at 10:27 Reply With Quote
I'll reiterate what I said before, which is that YSI compilations would be top - provided there's a maximum limit on the length and people don't all post theirs up at once. It'd be quite cool if each week a different person posted one up.

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
Mercury Rising
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 10:38 Reply With Quote
Absolutely.

I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.

Currently listening to:
View Mercury Rising's Profile View All Posts By Mercury Rising U2U Mercury Rising
Colin DIS
I should get a life

Mood: Bennet-astic
posted on 26-9-2005 at 10:41 Reply With Quote
Agreed. 1 person each week to upload theirs would be a top idea. Perhaps a restriction on tracks as well for those not on broadband. Maybe top 10 tracks you want people to hear?

Do you know my spanish cousin? He's Signor Willy!

There's always someone as horny as you are ugly. - Maddox

generated by sloganizer.net

Currently listening to:
View Colin DIS's Profile E-Mail Colin DIS Visit Colin DIS's Homepage View All Posts By Colin DIS U2U Colin DIS Colin DIS's Gallery MSN Profile
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 10:56 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Colin DIS

Agreed. 1 person each week to upload theirs would be a top idea. Perhaps a restriction on tracks as well for those not on broadband. Maybe top 10 tracks you want people to hear?

Exactly what I was hoping people would suggest

Although I'm unsure about posting it on the forum- perhaps emailing the link.....we wouldn't be wanting any trouble.

Currently listening to:
View if_only_ralph_were_real's Profile E-Mail if_only_ralph_were_real View All Posts By if_only_ralph_were_real U2U if_only_ralph_were_real
dangermouse
The greatest secret agent in the world!

Mood: trucktastic
posted on 26-9-2005 at 11:10 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Nice idea, but 10 tracks would still be a bloody long time downloading on dial up.

Owen

Makenoiseanddance.com

Currently listening to:
View dangermouse's Profile E-Mail dangermouse Visit dangermouse's Homepage View All Posts By dangermouse U2U dangermouse dangermouse's Gallery   dangermouse 's Aim dangermouse 's ICQ status MSN Profile   dangermouse 's Yahoo
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 11:17 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse

Quote:

Nice idea, but 10 tracks would still be a bloody long time downloading on dial up.

Owen

Not really a lot we can do about that though. Surely anyone on dial-up might have a broadband-loving friend to help them out?

I agree about sending links via email as well. If we all u2u-ed our addresses to Jenna, she could compile a mailing list...?

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 11:17 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jesus

Quote:

Quote:

Owen

Not really a lot we can do about that though. Surely anyone on dial-up might have a broadband-loving friend to help them out?

I agree about sending links via email as well. If we all u2u-ed our addresses to Jenna, she could compile a mailing list...?

Indeed

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

Mood: hmm.....
posted on 26-9-2005 at 11:25 Reply With Quote
So does that mean I can play?

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!

Currently listening to:
View Becka's Profile Visit Becka's Homepage View All Posts By Becka U2U Becka Becka's Gallery MSN Profile
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 12:20 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Becka

A world of yes.

Currently listening to:
dangermouse

posted on 26-9-2005 at 12:44 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Owen

No, we can't dpo much about it, what I meant was, if 10 tracks is still too many then theres less point limiting it to ten.

I can set up a mailing list that people can join themselves if need be? You would have to email in a join request and the list would do the rest.

Like an old style discussion list...

Owen

Makenoiseanddance.com

Currently listening to:
View dangermouse's Profile E-Mail dangermouse Visit dangermouse's Homepage View All Posts By dangermouse U2U dangermouse dangermouse's Gallery   dangermouse 's Aim dangermouse 's ICQ status MSN Profile   dangermouse 's Yahoo
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 13:12 Reply With Quote
Quote:

No, we can't dpo much about it, what I meant was, if 10 tracks is still too many then theres less point limiting it to ten.

Oh, I see. Well, personally I'd rather limit it not just because of size/downloading, but also simply because if everyone starts uploading 2CD mixes then I'm not going to give them enough attention. There's a thread from a while back somewhere where me and Colin argued about this and didn't reach any conclusion. I tend to find that longer compilations can be a bit of a chore, and I'd imagine that getting one every week wouldn't help. Recently every compilation I've made has been around the 45min mark because they're nicer to listen to, and you can be selective enough to keep the quality control really high. But maybe that's just me.

Currently listening to:
dangermouse

posted on 26-9-2005 at 13:23 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I see. Well, personally I'd rather limit it not just because of size/downloading, but also simply because if everyone starts uploading 2CD mixes then I'm not going to give them enough attention. There's a thread from a while back somewhere where me and Colin argued about this and didn't reach any conclusion. I tend to find that longer compilations can be a bit of a chore, and I'd imagine that getting one every week wouldn't help. Recently every compilation I've made has been around the 45min mark because they're nicer to listen to, and you can be selective enough to keep the quality control really high. But maybe that's just me.

Maybe a number of minutes is a good idea, I'd say about a CD length.

Also can we use rapidshare, because files don't expire on there after x number of downloads. Good idea?

Owen

Makenoiseanddance.com

Currently listening to:
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 13:48 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Also can we use rapidshare, because files don't expire on there after x number of downloads. Good idea?

Owen

I think any file sharing utility will be fine wether it be gigashare, rapidshare, yousendit or whatever... should all be good as long as there are links to each compilation on it.

Currently listening to:
View Colin DIS's Profile E-Mail Colin DIS Visit Colin DIS's Homepage View All Posts By Colin DIS U2U Colin DIS Colin DIS's Gallery MSN Profile
Mercury Rising
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 14:03 Reply With Quote
Okay, I know how to use rapidshare etc to send a file, but how do I bundle up a group of files to send as one compilation. Can somebody teach me please? Ta.

I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.

Currently listening to:
View Mercury Rising's Profile View All Posts By Mercury Rising U2U Mercury Rising
jesus
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 14:11 Reply With Quote
The way I'd do it with yousendit would be to put all the mp3s into a folder and zip that folder, and then send the single zip file. Rapidshare apprently has a 50MB limit per file though, so that might be a problem if you wanted to use Rapidshare with zipped files.

Currently listening to:
Mercury Rising
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 14:13 Reply With Quote
Quote:

The way I'd do it with yousendit would be to put all the mp3s into a folder and zip that folder, and then send the single zip file. Rapidshare apprently has a 50MB limit per file though, so that might be a problem if you wanted to use Rapidshare with zipped files.

ta.

Currently listening to:
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 14:50 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury Rising

Quote:

ta.

Was the main reason I said 10 tracks as they tend to average out at 3-5MB each.

Currently listening to:
dangermouse

posted on 26-9-2005 at 15:25 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Owen

I think any file sharing utility will be fine wether it be gigashare, rapidshare, yousendit or whatever... should all be good as long as there are links to each compilation on it.

Only thinking that if this gets popular YSI will be near on useless because after 30 people download it'll delete.

Makenoiseanddance.com

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

posted on 26-9-2005 at 15:53 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by if_only_ralph_were_real

Quote:

A world of yes.

Sweet Well someone will have to tell me how to do all this file sharing malarky because I don't geddit

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!

Currently listening to:
View Becka's Profile Visit Becka's Homepage View All Posts By Becka U2U Becka Becka's Gallery MSN Profile
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 26-9-2005 at 16:53 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A world of yes.

Sweet Well someone will have to tell me how to do all this file sharing malarky because I don't geddit

I'm sure that can happen!

Currently listening to:
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 27-9-2005 at 08:58 Reply With Quote
So, when we gonna get this shabang on the road?

Currently listening to:
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 27-9-2005 at 09:03 Reply With Quote
When more people are back to join in (so around the weekend is when more people will possibly join)

I'll sort some 'rules' and do a proper 'join us' thread at the weekend and maybe start off sometime during that week.

Ok?

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

posted on 27-9-2005 at 09:12 Reply With Quote
Quote:

When more people are back to join in (so around the weekend is when more people will possibly join)

I'll sort some 'rules' and do a proper 'join us' thread at the weekend and maybe start off sometime during that week.

Ok?

Currently listening to:
clarkogir

Mood: exam fucked
posted on 28-9-2005 at 10:03 Reply With Quote
http://www.wrathrecords.co.uk/links.htm

download site, stuffy and the fuses....

Currently listening to:
View clarkogir's Profile E-Mail clarkogir Visit clarkogir's Homepage View All Posts By clarkogir U2U clarkogir
<<  1    2  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group 2002
Processed in 0.1660280 seconds, 61 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 412 access attempts in the last 7 days.