» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: No Guests
Members: no Members

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: R.I.P. - 15 October: Full Line Up & Ticket Info
Colin DIS
I should get a life

Mood: Bennet-astic
posted on 27-9-2005 at 10:07 Reply With Quote
R.I.P. - 15 October: Full Line Up & Ticket Info

Date: Sat 15 October
Venue: The Underground
Price: £6 advance & £4.50 for students - (BUY TICKETS HERE NOW!!!)
Open to non-students: Yes! Over 18's only non students will require PHOTO ID gain entry.
Age restriction: Over 18's only.

The second gig of the year in association with drownedinsound.com & Essex Uni and boy is it a cracker! There is not one, not two but 5 live bands performing on the night. Add to that indie/rock/metal/punk/alternative DJ's playing tunes throughout the night and I think it is clear that it is game on! More info? Check below!

The Long Blondes

The Long Blondes are five young dandies who used to see each other around town. One day, by chance, they met and they fell in love.

Their shared influences include the Mael Brothers, the Marx Brothers and the Bewlay Brothers. They do not listen to The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors or Bob Dylan. Each band member chose an instrument each and learnt to play it. Approximately three months after forming, they played a victorious 25 minute set at Leeds Hi-Fi club. A success! The band inherit the aesthetics of early Roxy Music. They have a lot of influences, sometimes sounding a bit like them, sometimes sounding a lot like them. Sometimes sounding nothing like them at all.

MP3: Once & Never Again (Live)

Engerica

Engerica got together in Essex during December 2000. They comprise of: David Gardner (Guitar/Vox), Michael Stuart Webster (Bass) and Neil Ross Gregory (Drums).

Engerica's songs are sick and twisted odes to the underworld. Sexy with a dark, sadistic humour. Too honest to be concerned with being fashionable, they knew that such a facade would be transparent to any audience. So they just played the music they loved and crossed their fingers.

They soon earned a reputation for exhilarating live shows and an aggressive onstage personality and in the past year they've travelled around the UK with bands such as The 80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster and thisGIRL.

What's refreshing is that Engerica don't care if they fall flat on their face, they don't care if the whole world laughs at them for trying. Here is a band that is not afraid to give a damn. Are YOU willing to die for Engerica?

Miss Black America

It's generally best to ignore superlatives when reading, or writing, stuff like this. Miss Black America - in many ways a superlative band - don't lend themselves to the usual crop of vacuum-headed PR platitudes.

They aren't the coolest band in the world. They aren't the youngest. Or the sexiest. Or the buzziest or the hippest or the most outrageous. Yeah, they're The Best Band in the Fucking World, but isn't everyone these days?

The superlatives that actually matter: Miss Black America are the most belligerent, obstinate, gutsy, resilient, spirited band you will come across. What they do actually matters.

Their CV includes a near freehold on the upper echelons of John Peel‚??s Festive Fifty; sessions for John Peel, Steve Lamacq, XFM and the like; critical acclaim from the NME to the Guardian via Kerrang!, The Independent, Rolling Stone and huge support from the underground fanzine community; tours with Therapy? and Liars and Antihero and Kinesis and Reuben; support slots with The Libertines, The Dandy Warhols, Buzzcocks, The 80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Cornershop and Alabama 3; and recognition from peers, journalists, DJs and, most importantly, Kids Like You And I And Them.

Whilst the music industry has been busy subsiding under a tidal wave of cocaine, egos and fashionista production-line toss, Miss Black America have been slowly, surely, determinedly turning the tide in their direction.

MP3: Emotional Junkmail

*Teevo

*Teevo are the exciteable boy/girl four piece from right here in Colchester, Essex, who formed in early 2003 in a wooden hut in a car park from the ashes of britpop and playing gigs in awful bands when you were 14. With comparisons to Placebo, Seafood and The Pixies, so far the band have notched up an impressive list of gigs around the country, supporting the likes of Kasabian and U.S emo-heroes Pilot To Gunner.

Management and label interest followed on from the recording of their second E.P and have recentley been signed up to Chromium Records to release their first full single. Result!

Koopa

Clearly a band that embraces the pop punk ethic. Koopa are self-motivated, oozing self-confidence and at a young age have written, recorded and produced their own material, as well as touring extensively. These boys produce quality music that embraces the appeal and energy of their influences, Green Day, Blink 182, etc, yet with a distinctly British sound. It's obvious where this band come from and where they want to be!

MP3: Pop Rock Factory

And thats the whole shabang in a pretty basket with a ribbon tied on it! Again, it's freshers week to soo there will be a good turn out so get your tickets early from the official ticket site.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by Colin DIS]

Do you know my spanish cousin? He's Signor Willy!

There's always someone as horny as you are ugly. - Maddox

generated by sloganizer.net

Currently listening to:
View Colin DIS's Profile E-Mail Colin DIS Visit Colin DIS's Homepage View All Posts By Colin DIS U2U Colin DIS Colin DIS's Gallery MSN Profile
dexterpanik
Back from the Dead

Mood: emotional
posted on 27-9-2005 at 11:11 Reply With Quote
just realised today that i know a long blondes song - giddy stratospheres. and i like it.

RIP 78 Brook Street
20 March 2004 - 19 March 2006

Great times were had.

Some of the deposit was retained.

Currently listening to:
View dexterpanik's Profile View All Posts By dexterpanik U2U dexterpanik
clarkogir

Mood: exam fucked
posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:11 Reply With Quote
i saw them supporting arcade fire in sheffield a few week back, their new song is called something like motorway love, its about a relationsip formed across the A15 or summat, they were at fuzzylogic last thursday aswell, the little ginger drummer looked pissed cos no-one wanted to talk to him, has anyone else seen them before? any views?
Currently listening to:
View clarkogir's Profile E-Mail clarkogir Visit clarkogir's Homepage View All Posts By clarkogir U2U clarkogir
Vive Le Rock

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:16 Reply With Quote
I've seen them, and vaguely know one of them. The drummer, who's called Screech by the way, is an odd looking chap to say the least. I really like them though. It'll be a good gig.

"You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know. During the Persian Gulf war, those intelligence reports would come out: 'Iraq: incredible weapons ‚?? incredible weapons.' How do you know that? 'Uh, well ... we looked at the receipts.'"

Currently listening to:
View Vive Le Rock's Profile E-Mail Vive Le Rock Visit Vive Le Rock's Homepage View All Posts By Vive Le Rock U2U Vive Le Rock
if_only_ralph_were_real
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:26 Reply With Quote
I am looking forawrd to this one so much. I want to hear 'Once and Never Again' and 'Peterborough' as I've onl ever heard really badly recordered versions of them......any other songs would be nice though
Currently listening to:
View if_only_ralph_were_real's Profile E-Mail if_only_ralph_were_real View All Posts By if_only_ralph_were_real U2U if_only_ralph_were_real
monkeybeats

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:31 Reply With Quote
the longblondes suck live..

the singer is actually quite good and the songs seem ok, however musically they are a shambles! look out for the girl guitarist everything she plays sounds terrible even when she sings backing vocals she makes the songs sound worse.. why she is in the band I don't know the band sound so much better when she is just standing still playing nothing and not singing.

the rest of the band aren't great either. I could see how on record they could sound ok but ruddy hell they need to practice!

Currently listening to:
View monkeybeats's Profile View All Posts By monkeybeats U2U monkeybeats monkeybeats's Gallery
RadioEd

Mood: LIVIN'
posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:42 Reply With Quote
are miss black america named after the curtis mayfield song of the same name? i doubt it was the other way round.

http://www.alphalets.com/

Currently listening to:
View RadioEd's Profile E-Mail RadioEd Visit RadioEd's Homepage View All Posts By RadioEd U2U RadioEd RadioEd's Gallery MSN Profile
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 27-9-2005 at 14:47 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioEd

are miss black america named after the curtis mayfield song of the same name? i doubt it was the other way round.

They are indeed named after the Curtis Mayfield song.

Currently listening to:
View Colin DIS's Profile E-Mail Colin DIS Visit Colin DIS's Homepage View All Posts By Colin DIS U2U Colin DIS Colin DIS's Gallery MSN Profile
dulcie
Rock Action

Mood: Radio Face
posted on 27-9-2005 at 15:56 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Colin DIS

*Teevo
they have recentley been signed up to Chromium Records to release their first full single. Result!

cheers for that colin forgot to mention it.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by dulcie]

sonic knitwear.

Currently listening to:
View dulcie's Profile E-Mail dulcie Visit dulcie's Homepage View All Posts By dulcie U2U dulcie dulcie's Gallery MSN Profile
*Miss World*
Super Moderator

Mood:
posted on 27-9-2005 at 16:09 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dulcie

Quote:

*Teevo
they have recentley been signed up to Chromium Records to release their first full single. Result!

Congratulations!

Currently listening to:
View 's Profile View All Posts By U2U
dulcie
Rock Action

posted on 27-9-2005 at 16:17 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by *Miss World*

Quote:

Quote:

*Teevo

Congratulations!

ah. yes. it is rather good isn't it.

sonic knitwear.

Currently listening to:
View dulcie's Profile E-Mail dulcie Visit dulcie's Homepage View All Posts By dulcie U2U dulcie dulcie's Gallery MSN Profile
*Miss World*
Super Moderator

Mood:
posted on 27-9-2005 at 16:18 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by *Miss World*

Quote:

Quote:

*Teevo

Congratulations!

ah. yes. it is rather good isn't it.

Still haven't had my copy of the second CD though...

Currently listening to:
View 's Profile View All Posts By U2U
dulcie
Rock Action

posted on 29-9-2005 at 16:06 Reply With Quote
here be the flyer.

sonic knitwear.

Currently listening to:
cherry_blossom_pig

Mood: flexi disc
posted on 30-9-2005 at 15:40 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

*Teevo

wow well done!

every one look at the moon,
everyone see the moon,
the moon is white,
it milky white,
everybody look at the moon.
ugh.
ehhhh, i did a sooong. Jupiter i did a song, you aint got one.

Currently listening to:
View cherry_blossom_pig's Profile Visit cherry_blossom_pig's Homepage View All Posts By cherry_blossom_pig U2U cherry_blossom_pig cherry_blossom_pig's Gallery   cherry_blossom_pig 's Aim MSN Profile   cherry_blossom_pig 's Yahoo
clarkogir

Mood: exam fucked
posted on 3-10-2005 at 09:36 Reply With Quote
When do tickets for this go on sale?
Currently listening to:
View clarkogir's Profile E-Mail clarkogir Visit clarkogir's Homepage View All Posts By clarkogir U2U clarkogir
dulcie
Rock Action

posted on 3-10-2005 at 09:46 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by clarkogir

When do tickets for this go on sale?

they're on sale now!

http://www.sutickets.com/event/6837

sonic knitwear.

Currently listening to:
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 6-10-2005 at 11:40 Reply With Quote
http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/13222.html

Currently listening to:
Lo
Schwa me up, bitch

Mood:
posted on 11-10-2005 at 15:39 Reply With Quote
Quote:

And thats the whole shabang in a pretty basket with a ribbon tied on it! Again, it's freshers week to soo there will be a good turn out so get your tickets early from the official ticket site.

Just a quick question - it says it's open to the public but on the SU site it says you need Student ID to validate the tickets. How do I get in if I'm not a student and I buy tickets in advance? Do I just have to find a student to hang onto?

I'm sure there's been a post about this already but I can't remember where. Help please .

Currently listening to:
View Lo's Profile E-Mail Lo View All Posts By Lo U2U Lo Lo's Gallery
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 11-10-2005 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Lo

Quote:

Just a quick question - it says it's open to the public but on the SU site it says you need Student ID to validate the tickets. How do I get in if I'm not a student and I buy tickets in advance? Do I just have to find a student to hang onto?

I'm sure there's been a post about this already but I can't remember where. Help please .

Nah, the price on it tells them you are a non student but you do need proof of ID to prove you are over 18 I believe. If you have any problems, call me and I will sort it. Ok?

Currently listening to:
Lo
Schwa me up, bitch

Mood:
posted on 11-10-2005 at 16:40 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lo

Quote:

Nah, the price on it tells them you are a non student but you do need proof of ID to prove you are over 18 I believe. If you have any problems, call me and I will sort it. Ok?

Thanks for that Colin! I'll make sure me and the boy have our ID and all should be fine. Don't have your number but I'll demand to speak to you if they give me any lip .

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

Mood: hmm.....
posted on 12-10-2005 at 17:27 Reply With Quote
I buyed my ticket t`other day - yay

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!

Currently listening to:
View Becka's Profile Visit Becka's Homepage View All Posts By Becka U2U Becka Becka's Gallery MSN Profile
Lo
Schwa me up, bitch

Mood:
posted on 13-10-2005 at 08:28 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Becka

Yay! See you there, lady .

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

posted on 13-10-2005 at 16:46 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Lo

Quote:
Originally posted by Becka

Yay! See you there, lady .

Yay, see you too

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!

Currently listening to:
View Becka's Profile Visit Becka's Homepage View All Posts By Becka U2U Becka Becka's Gallery MSN Profile
Colin DIS
I should get a life

posted on 14-10-2005 at 09:13 Reply With Quote
I am all excited about this. Looking forward to seeing you there. If you do see me milling about, come say hi!

Currently listening to:
Becka
I should get a life

posted on 14-10-2005 at 09:40 Reply With Quote
Quote:

I am all excited about this. Looking forward to seeing you there. If you do see me milling about, come say hi!

I can`t because I don`t know who you are

[Edited on 14-10-2005 by Becka]

Currently listening to:
<<  1    2  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson © 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Processed in 0.2155421 seconds, 60 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 678 access attempts in the last 7 days.