Location: At the bottom of the garden
| posted on 18-10-2006 at 11:12||
|Oxjam - including quiz answers!|
Thank you to everyone who entered the quiz you helped raise lots of cash for Oxfam and their really good causes. Just a little effort can make such a
big difference on someone else's life. The winner's were Sam, Erol Suzanne, Dunc and James and the booby prize went to Richard!
Sadly, we are slightly off my target of wanting to raise ¬£100 for Oxfam so I'm going to bring my badges and my bucket to The Lost Disco next
Also, thanks for your requests, sadly we ran out of time to play them all and some were a little bizarre but I'll try and
play a few next week which were missed this week!
Anyway the answers are!
1. What year did the NME first get published? 1952
2. Who won this years' Mercury Music Award? The Arctic Monkeys
3. Johnny Borrell briefly played bass in another famous indie band before
leaving to form Razorlight, which band was it? The Libertines
4. What was the name of The Smiths' first single? Hand in Glove
5. Who sang these lyrics? "Once I had a love and it was divine, Soon found out I was losing my mind, It seemed like the real thing but I was so
blind, Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind." Debbie Harry/ Blondie
6. What song are these lyrics from? "How could this be done, By such a
smiling sweetheart Oh and your sweet and pretty face, its such an ugly word for something so beautiful." The Kooks Niave
7. Fill in the gap in this Bob Dylan single title - "It's all over now ..
.." Baby Blue
8. What according to one recent single is the most fun a girl can have
without taking her clothes off? Lying
9. Solve this anagram to find the name of a famous band "Cheaper, smarter incest" The Manic Street Preachers
10. Solve this anagram to find the name of a famous band "Eh Seatbelt" The Beatles
11. Whose town do The Killers currently favour? Sam's town
12. What polka-dot loving girl group told us our kisses are wasted on them? The Pippettes
13. Hopp√≠polla was the name of a Sigur Ros single, what does this mean
translated from Icelandic into English? Jumping into Puddles (I accepted hopping into puddles as well)
14. How old was Joy Division front-man Ian Curtis when he committed suicide? 23
15. What Britpop band, originally called Seymour, formed in Colchester? Blur
16. According to The Young Knives here comes what? The Rumour Mill
17. Name two band members of The Clash. Joe Strummer/Mick Jones/Paul Simonon/Topper Headon/Nick Sheppard/Keith Levene/Pete Howard/Terry Chimes/Vince
18. Which band named themselves after an Austrian Archduke? Franz Ferdinand
Tie-breaker - How many artist albums (not compilations) were sold in 2005 in the UK? 126.2 million
[Edited on 18-10-2006 by nome]
I used to think I had something to say but my dumb ideologies gave me away.
Currently listening to:
Not logged in
Last active: Never
Website developed by Simon Dyson © 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Processed in 0.0501630 seconds, 35 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 148 access attempts in the last 7 days.