» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: 4820 Guests
Members: 1 Member

Mercury Rising

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
Author: Subject: Football League - 2007/08
dunnerz

Mood: 9-to-5
posted on 3-7-2007 at 13:39 Reply With Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6252310.stm

Looks like Everton's chances of signing Jaginelka have improved!!

Currently listening to:
View dunnerz's Profile E-Mail dunnerz Visit dunnerz's Homepage View All Posts By dunnerz U2U dunnerz dunnerz's Gallery dunnerz 's ICQ status MSN Profile
jazzy

Mood: discombobulated
posted on 3-7-2007 at 15:40 Reply With Quote
it's a travesty. west ham should have been docked points. after all, afc wimbledon were docked 3 points for doing the same thing in ONE match. west ham did it for most of the season and get away scot free. absolutely piss poor...

"In descending order of vehemence, my objections to the Tory species stem from a) everything they do, b) everything they say, c) everything they stand for, d) how they look, e) their stupid names and f) the noises I imagine they make in bed."

Currently listening to:
View jazzy's Profile Visit jazzy's Homepage View All Posts By jazzy U2U jazzy jazzy's Gallery MSN Profile
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 3-7-2007 at 18:47 Reply With Quote
Not strictly Premier League but...Sheringham to join Colchester United as player/coach?

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
dunnerz

posted on 3-7-2007 at 21:59 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy

it's a travesty. west ham should have been docked points. after all, afc wimbledon were docked 3 points for doing the same thing in ONE match. west ham did it for most of the season and get away scot free. absolutely piss poor...

I agree that they should have been docked points in the first place... but not introspectively now - its too late - but the whole thing should have been sorted before Christmas, allowing any appeals like this to take place before the season is over.

Anyway - knowing West Ham, they'll be down again in a season or 2!

Currently listening to:
View dunnerz's Profile E-Mail dunnerz Visit dunnerz's Homepage View All Posts By dunnerz U2U dunnerz dunnerz's Gallery dunnerz 's ICQ status MSN Profile
dunnerz

posted on 3-7-2007 at 22:01 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jesus

Not strictly Premier League but...Sheringham to join Colchester United as player/coach?

Any football talk is welcome!
We just call it premier league due to the fantasy league game. Think we should change the thread title - in fact I'll do that now!!

But yes - that would be well good for colchester!!

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 4-7-2007 at 08:47 Reply With Quote
they needed some good news after losing cureton and iwelumo...

"In descending order of vehemence, my objections to the Tory species stem from a) everything they do, b) everything they say, c) everything they stand for, d) how they look, e) their stupid names and f) the noises I imagine they make in bed."

Currently listening to:
View jazzy's Profile Visit jazzy's Homepage View All Posts By jazzy U2U jazzy jazzy's Gallery MSN Profile
dunnerz

posted on 4-7-2007 at 10:56 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Quote:
PremierLeague Site

Fantasy Premier League 2007/08 will be launched on Friday, 6th July.

Early, but still, exciting!

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 5-7-2007 at 13:03 Reply With Quote
shocked that tevez is heading to man united. with rooney, anderson, nani an ronaldo at the club, i thought it would be an out and out goal scorer they'd be looking for.

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 6-7-2007 at 08:48 Reply With Quote
and it'll be interesting to see if the tevez money goes to west ham or joorabchian. if any money goes to him then it effectively proves west ham lied and thus they should be demoted...

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 6-7-2007 at 14:57 Reply With Quote
16933-5641

code for the new fantasy football league...join up!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 9-7-2007 at 10:33 Reply With Quote
My Reason to "Support" Colchester next year
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=475543&cpid=703&title=Matthew+Connolly+joins+Colchester+United+o n+loan

Excellent

Jazzy - will join the league later today/week.
Good work on setting it up!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 9-7-2007 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
I'd just like to state "on paper" now, how I'm quite scared of how good Man U will be next season.

Bollocks

Especially if they get Tevez

I'd say their only weak area would be dependence on Giggs (although they have a new winger), Scholes and Ronaldo - any of those 3 out for a while and they may be in trouble.

Defence sometimes shakey too, but with the attacking options, who needs defence eh.

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 10-7-2007 at 08:14 Reply With Quote
Quote:

16933-5641

I'm in - it automatically added me to the league

Very easy job picking my team!!! Although obviously will be going back to make changes!!!

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 10-7-2007 at 10:20 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dunnerz

I'd just like to state "on paper" now, how I'm quite scared of how good Man U will be next season.

Bollocks

I'd say their only weak area would be dependence on Giggs (although they have a new winger), Scholes and Ronaldo - any of those 3 out for a while and they may be in trouble.

Defence sometimes shakey too, but with the attacking options, who needs defence eh.

i think a central defender to play back up to vidic and ferdinand would have been useful but their first choice back 4 (and keeper) is immense.

they've got cover for giggs now in the form of nani and anderson so i think he'll only play the bigger games this year. which in iteslf is a worry if he can keep himself fresh.

i still think that tevez isn't the sort of player they need. an out and out goalscorer i think would suit them better. but we'll have to wait and see i guess...

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 10-7-2007 at 10:36 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Bollocks

i think a central defender to play back up to vidic and ferdinand would have been useful but their first choice back 4 (and keeper) is immense.

they've got cover for giggs now in the form of nani and anderson so i think he'll only play the bigger games this year. which in iteslf is a worry if he can keep himself fresh.

i still think that tevez isn't the sort of player they need. an out and out goalscorer i think would suit them better. but we'll have to wait and see i guess...

I agree - Tevez would be doing the same sort of job Rooney does - a RVN type player is what they need - although there isn't too many of those types of player around - well not for a reasonable (re: Bent 16.5m) price tag.

Currently listening to:
Manic_Paul

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 10-7-2007 at 17:57 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

16933-5641

I'm in - it automatically added me to the league

Very easy job picking my team!!! Although obviously will be going back to make changes!!!

I'm in to bring the numbers up to a rather grand 5. I'll sort my team out at some point...

Currently listening to:
View Manic_Paul's Profile View All Posts By Manic_Paul U2U Manic_Paul
jazzy

posted on 12-7-2007 at 09:26 Reply With Quote
http://www.dailymotion.com/discussed/search/leo+messi/video/x2ioym_copa-america-2007-argentina-vs-mexi

another leo messi wonder goal. this time, in the semi final of copa america. this guy will be the best footballer in the world in a couple of years i reckon, he's got everything really...

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 12-7-2007 at 14:37 Reply With Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6895921.stm

New RB for Arsenal

(can play left back too)

With Hoyte and Eboue just both signing long term deals, I think Eboue will be pushed to right mid (pace to burn, crosses well and has always been a bit suspect defensively)- which is where he started for us and scored a blinder in a carling cup game.

I think 1 or 2 more signings (attacking/winger esk) and we'll be sorted.

[Edited on 12/7/2007 by dunnerz]

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 13-7-2007 at 10:03 Reply With Quote
whereas everton on the other hand have missed out on 3 targets this week. whoopiefuckingdo. i'm rather fearful of us 'doing a boro' because of europe this season - not have the squad to cope and go from top 7 to lower middle obscurity. especially considering we're being outspent by villa, spurs, man city and even sunderland, fulham and wigan for fuck's sake!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 13-7-2007 at 16:13 Reply With Quote
Quote:

whereas everton on the other hand have missed out on 3 targets this week. whoopiefuckingdo. i'm rather fearful of us 'doing a boro' because of europe this season - not have the squad to cope and go from top 7 to lower middle obscurity. especially considering we're being outspent by villa, spurs, man city and even sunderland, fulham and wigan for fuck's sake!

They are only outspending because they are so far behind in the first place

Seriously though, there is a lot to be said for not brining in too many faces - it can unsettle the squad and shatter team spirit, etc.
(look, for example, at reading - hardly added to their team when they came up, but did well, etc.)

However, you are right in saying you need squad depth if your trying to do UEFA + the league. Still, plenty of time until the window shuts

Currently listening to:
jazzy

posted on 13-7-2007 at 18:37 Reply With Quote
we currently have the smallest squad in the premier league and whilst our first 11 matches up with anything outside the top 5, we'll pick up loads of injuries this season with europe and simply don't have the strength in depth. we need a creative midfielder, striker and defender plus some squad players urgently and i can't see where they'll come from...

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 14-7-2007 at 10:22 Reply With Quote
Ed - removed your thread - it is confusing

We need to work out which indiesoc league we are all joining

I'm suggesing the one jazzy setup - as there are 5 of us already in it

[Edited on 14/7/2007 by dunnerz]

Currently listening to:
Manic_Paul

posted on 14-7-2007 at 19:29 Reply With Quote
Nicely done guys.

James, are you going to the Emirates Cup? Some tickets are on general sale still. I'm going to the Sunday which looks the better of the two. I was going to go to the Barnet friendly today but I couldn't get through all week as the number was busy, apparently...

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 14-7-2007 at 22:36 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Manic_Paul

Nicely done guys.

James, are you going to the Emirates Cup? Some tickets are on general sale still. I'm going to the Sunday which looks the better of the two. I was going to go to the Barnet friendly today but I couldn't get through all week as the number was busy, apparently...

yes - i'm sitting about 2 rows back from the dug out!! get in!! Are you going?

I couldnt make the barnet game today, but otherwise would have gone.

Are you a red member? it is worth it - you usually get a shot a tickets for most games.

Currently listening to:
Manic_Paul

posted on 14-7-2007 at 22:48 Reply With Quote
I'm not a red member as the last time I checked there was an amazingly long waiting list. My cousin is a member so I normally get tickets if/when I can through him. Looking forward to see Sagna in action and Eboue (hopefully) as a winger as I doubt his defensive ability, great crosser of the ball though.

Currently listening to:
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group 2002
Processed in 0.1961510 seconds, 60 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 236 access attempts in the last 7 days.