» Forum
» Today's Posts
» Stats

Threads: 7432
Members: 975

Hot Topic:
»
Newest Post:
» Cable TV meets the internet (Carl, 10-12-2016 - 13:35)
Member of The Day:
» (No posts)
Newest Member:
» onzappe (4-7-2008)

» Who's Online []
Guests: 4821 Guests
Members: 1 Member

Mercury Rising

Key []
Super Administrator
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
All Registered Members

[ Members Visited Today ]

IndieSoc
Advanced Search

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
Author: Subject: Football League - 2007/08
dunnerz

Mood: 9-to-5
posted on 15-7-2007 at 20:00 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Manic_Paul

I'm not a red member as the last time I checked there was an amazingly long waiting list. My cousin is a member so I normally get tickets if/when I can through him. Looking forward to see Sagna in action and Eboue (hopefully) as a winger as I doubt his defensive ability, great crosser of the ball though.

I didn't think there was a waiting list for red - i though you could just join?? It is worth it though.

Eboue should (hopefully) be put in the wing (I agree with you about him). Hopefully Eduardo will get a run out too!

Currently listening to:
View dunnerz's Profile E-Mail dunnerz Visit dunnerz's Homepage View All Posts By dunnerz U2U dunnerz dunnerz's Gallery dunnerz 's ICQ status MSN Profile
Manic_Paul

Mood: No Mood.
posted on 16-7-2007 at 10:17 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dunnerz

Quote:

I'm not a red member as the last time I checked there was an amazingly long waiting list. My cousin is a member so I normally get tickets if/when I can through him. Looking forward to see Sagna in action and Eboue (hopefully) as a winger as I doubt his defensive ability, great crosser of the ball though.

I didn't think there was a waiting list for red - i though you could just join?? It is worth it though.

Eboue should (hopefully) be put in the wing (I agree with you about him). Hopefully Eduardo will get a run out too!

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Fabianski in action as well, he seems to be highly rated. I'm not sure about Eduardo. I remember him playing against us in the Champions League Qualifiers last year and he was unquestionably their best player. I guess I was just hoping for a bigger name signing but Wenger refuses to do that...

Currently listening to:
View Manic_Paul's Profile View All Posts By Manic_Paul U2U Manic_Paul
dunnerz

posted on 16-7-2007 at 11:18 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Fabianski in action as well, he seems to be highly rated. I'm not sure about Eduardo. I remember him playing against us in the Champions League Qualifiers last year and he was unquestionably their best player. I guess I was just hoping for a bigger name signing but Wenger refuses to do that...

Yes - it says a lot when our record transfer is silvan wiltord. Wenger has never gone for big names - probably never will either!!

From his comments at the weekend, I dont expect any signings until reyes is sorted, same with freddie.

Currently listening to:
View dunnerz's Profile E-Mail dunnerz Visit dunnerz's Homepage View All Posts By dunnerz U2U dunnerz dunnerz's Gallery dunnerz 's ICQ status MSN Profile
Manic_Paul

posted on 16-7-2007 at 15:15 Reply With Quote
I see with been linked with the Boca Juniors striker Rodrigo Palacio. Apparenlty Barca were after him before they heard Henry was available so maybe we will be spending big.

Currently listening to:
View Manic_Paul's Profile View All Posts By Manic_Paul U2U Manic_Paul
dunnerz

posted on 17-7-2007 at 11:38 Reply With Quote
Quote:

I see with been linked with the Boca Juniors striker Rodrigo Palacio. Apparenlty Barca were after him before they heard Henry was available so maybe we will be spending big.

That rumour was started by some boca junours webblog - and it made the back pages of the sun - brilliant!! Complete bullshit story dominates national press!!! (think the bloke also did some wikipedia stuff as well to go with it!).

However, if it was true....

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 19-7-2007 at 13:10 Reply With Quote
Worst away kit ever

http://shop.arsenal.com/arsenal/dept.asp?dept_id=305&maindept=1058&mscssid=

I like the white one - but this one sucks - socks dont go with it either + its too Barca like

+ i don't understand why we need a new 3rd choice away kit - surely the yellow should be 3rd choice by now.

Currently listening to:
Mercury Rising
I should get a life

Mood:
posted on 19-7-2007 at 14:58 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Worst away kit ever

I like the white one - but this one sucks - socks dont go with it either + its too Barca like

+ i don't understand why we need a new 3rd choice away kit - surely the yellow should be 3rd choice by now.

Yuk. Newcastle pulled off something like this a while back but it was somehow a lot better than that mess.

I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable.

Currently listening to:
View Mercury Rising's Profile View All Posts By Mercury Rising U2U Mercury Rising
jazzy

Mood: discombobulated
posted on 20-7-2007 at 13:36 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Worst away kit ever

barcelona's feeder club kit?

"In descending order of vehemence, my objections to the Tory species stem from a) everything they do, b) everything they say, c) everything they stand for, d) how they look, e) their stupid names and f) the noises I imagine they make in bed."

Currently listening to:
View jazzy's Profile Visit jazzy's Homepage View All Posts By jazzy U2U jazzy jazzy's Gallery MSN Profile
dunnerz

posted on 20-7-2007 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy

Quote:

Worst away kit ever

barcelona's feeder club kit?

Oi!
We nicked Fabregas (and merida, although he hasn't come to much, yet) from then, so all's fair really!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 27-7-2007 at 08:34 Reply With Quote
Right - that time again - nearly the start of the season, and it is time for the early league predictions....

Top 4 - as is
Probably the same order too, but I expect the gap to close.

Reasoning behind this - Man U have strengthend, although still look a little frail defensively. Chelsea have bought well, but will struggle when Drogba and Essien go to the ACN. Liverpool have bought well, but Bentiz's tactics just don't seem quite right for the premiership. Arsenal getting better, could be a surprise package, but (remember this is the team I support) will still concede soft goals that will cost us all 3 points .

I can't see anyone else breaking the top 4 - Some Spurs fans and some of the media will tell you otherwise, but I don't think they have bought well enough; They have spent money on their front line, which was already good enough - they need some more steel in midfield, and depth in Central defence (given that King can't stay fit longer than a match) - been speaking to some spurs fans and they agree. Saying this, I expect the gap from 5th to 4th to close (and the gap of 3rd+4th to close onto the top 2).

Now from saying that, yes I predicting Spurs for 5th.
And after that, I'm lost - Everton, Pompey, Newcastle, Villa, Blackburn and Man City will all be strong, Reading could be up there (although I reckon 2nd season syndrome will strike). Lots of people think Sunderland will do well too (but can't see them wanting UEFA in the 1st season - their target will be staying up).

So really from 5th->10th I'm lost

However, 10th onwards - Bolton haven't bought well, Boro haven't really bought that well either.

As for the bottom:
Can't see Derby staying up. Reckon Brum will be in the battle, but think they'll edge it to survival (due to more recently being in the prem).
Fulham will probably go down, and I think Wigan will struggle too.

As for West Ham - well who knows - they are so yoyo, you never know if your going to get a UEFA finish, or bottom of the league.

But think this could be one of the most exciting premiership seasons for a long while.

Currently listening to:
Mem20

Mood: Sceptical......
posted on 27-7-2007 at 13:13 Reply With Quote
Fantasy League?

Hey has a Indie Soc fantasy league been set up yet?
Cheers me dears.

Controversy is a thing I do well

Currently listening to:
View Mem20's Profile E-Mail Mem20 Visit Mem20's Homepage View All Posts By Mem20 U2U Mem20 MSN Profile
dunnerz

posted on 27-7-2007 at 13:27 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jazzy

16933-5641

code for the new fantasy football league...join up!

mem20: yes

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 30-7-2007 at 21:19 Reply With Quote
Bloody hell, we sold Reyes at long last

But in more important news - Gilbert has gone to Southend on loan!

Currently listening to:
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 31-7-2007 at 10:01 Reply With Quote
I think Man U will win the league, Chelsea should be more consistent than last year and Man U look really thin at the back but they have lots up front and should score a silly amount of goals. Liverpool will undoubtedly come third. Arsenal's chances pretty much all rest on the new striker they've bought, I don't know anything about him but if he does well then they should easily get fourth - if he doesn't, I find it hard to see where they'll get enough goals to keep Spurs at bay. Not sure about the remaining places, I'm pretty sceptical about Newcastle because they always seem to fuck it up and they've got injury problems already. Bolton may well finish the lowest they have for years, that opens the door for somebody else to grab a UEFA spot - probably Everton, although it might be worth keeping an eye on Blackburn too. I don't think Reading will be as good as least year, but they shouldn't suffer the horrendous drop-off that teams like Wigan have done after their first season. Speaking of Wigan, I reckon they'll get relegated - along with Derby (who will finish bottom) and either Fulham or Birmingham. Middlesbrough should be pretty low down as well. I've no idea who will get top scorer, Chelsea might rotate a little more so I'm not going for Drogba.

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
dunnerz

posted on 31-7-2007 at 20:19 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jesus

I think Man U will win the league, Chelsea should be more consistent than last year and Man U look really thin at the back but they have lots up front and should score a silly amount of goals. Liverpool will undoubtedly come third. Arsenal's chances pretty much all rest on the new striker they've bought, I don't know anything about him but if he does well then they should easily get fourth - if he doesn't, I find it hard to see where they'll get enough goals to keep Spurs at bay. Not sure about the remaining places, I'm pretty sceptical about Newcastle because they always seem to fuck it up and they've got injury problems already. Bolton may well finish the lowest they have for years, that opens the door for somebody else to grab a UEFA spot - probably Everton, although it might be worth keeping an eye on Blackburn too. I don't think Reading will be as good as least year, but they shouldn't suffer the horrendous drop-off that teams like Wigan have done after their first season. Speaking of Wigan, I reckon they'll get relegated - along with Derby (who will finish bottom) and either Fulham or Birmingham. Middlesbrough should be pretty low down as well. I've no idea who will get top scorer, Chelsea might rotate a little more so I'm not going for Drogba.

So similar prediction to me.

Although in answer to 2 of your quetions:
Robin Van Persie
- Where the Arsenal goals will come from
- Premiership to scorer

This assuming he keeps pretty much fit all season - which I'm not too sure about tho.

Currently listening to:
jesus
I should get a life

Mood: uproar
posted on 1-8-2007 at 11:50 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Robin Van Persie
- Premiership to scorer

This assuming he keeps pretty much fit all season - which I'm not too sure about tho.

I reckon this is rose-tinted from an Arsenal fan to be honest - I really rate Van Persie but don't see him as the kind of player who's going to score twenty in the league. If he stays fit then he'll be a very important player for Arsenal though. I think it's hard to pick the top scorer this year, none of the big teams have a 'goal machine' type of striker except Drogba and he's off to the ACN so it'd be hard for him to get it. Man U tend to have lots of players all chipping in, so I don't reckon it'll be one of those. I think it's worth looking a little lower down the league at the more traditional centre-forwards who are unlikely to get rotated - Johnson, Mccarthy etc.

I would like to see the skyline and city lights of New York or Tokyo and then come back to the green fields we know and do nothing, and sleep, and do that again and again...

Currently listening to:
View jesus's Profile E-Mail jesus View All Posts By jesus U2U jesus
dunnerz

posted on 1-8-2007 at 12:35 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jesus

Quote:

Robin Van Persie
- Premiership to scorer

I reckon this is rose-tinted from an Arsenal fan to be honest - I really rate Van Persie but don't see him as the kind of player who's going to score twenty in the league. If he stays fit then he'll be a very important player for Arsenal though. I think it's hard to pick the top scorer this year, none of the big teams have a 'goal machine' type of striker except Drogba and he's off to the ACN so it'd be hard for him to get it. Man U tend to have lots of players all chipping in, so I don't reckon it'll be one of those. I think it's worth looking a little lower down the league at the more traditional centre-forwards who are unlikely to get rotated - Johnson, Mccarthy etc.

Yes it is rose tinted Arsenal glasses, but mark my words - he'll be up there - he is capable of scoring simple knockins, etc, and the wonder goals - he'll also get a shed loads of assists.

His scoring record last season (League: 21 games, 11 goals, 7 assists) was pretty good (considering the 1st few months he was put on the wing) - and cut short by injury in January - so if he continued on that form (which was, and is still improving) that'll just become more impressive!!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 6-8-2007 at 11:30 Reply With Quote
So - although its a pre season and you can never read much into those: community shield

Pretty much like the fa cup final (in the game itself)

Man U were pretty average - but looked good going forwards (at times) - but were definitely there for the taking....

Chelsea looked very lacking up front without Drogba, and looked a bit nervous at the back without Terry - might be a very slow start for them without those 2.
Also going to be interesting to see how they do when the ACN happens and they are without Drogba, Kalou, Essien and Mikeal.

Currently listening to:
joediddly

posted on 6-8-2007 at 11:44 Reply With Quote
I have doubts whether RVP can score a shitload of goals for Arsenal next season. I reckon he'll get a fair few, but I think Arsenal's goals will come from all over the place next season.

Currently listening to:
View joediddly's Profile View All Posts By joediddly U2U joediddly MSN Profile
dunnerz

posted on 6-8-2007 at 13:25 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by joediddly

I have doubts whether RVP can score a shitload of goals for Arsenal next season. I reckon he'll get a fair few, but I think Arsenal's goals will come from all over the place next season.

I'd rather that tho - Then if he gets injured, we still get goals! Whereas last few seasons, the setup has been about and around henry, and when he is out, we struggle.

Think that was key to man u last season - goals from everywhere (okay, there was an obvious source with ronaldo and rooney, etc., but you know what i mean).

Currently listening to:
joediddly

posted on 6-8-2007 at 15:44 Reply With Quote
Time for Adebayor to step up as well. I've always rated him, but sometimes he can go a bit off the radar.

Currently listening to:
joediddly

posted on 6-8-2007 at 15:51 Reply With Quote
Quote:

Worst away kit ever

WRONG!

!!!

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 6-8-2007 at 19:16 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by joediddly

Time for Adebayor to step up as well. I've always rated him, but sometimes he can go a bit off the radar.

he is more of a "forward" than a striker (i.e. he'll do the hard work, running, holding up the play, etc.) but he should still (as you say) get more goals and step it up a bit - he can sometimes take too many chances before he scores - for his height he should get more headers too.

But I think he'll flourish now Henry has gone - there were times last season where we played 442, where really it was crying out for 451/433 with adebayor as the loan striker (i.e. like at old trafford) - but with Henry you couldn't do 451, as henry just didnt work as the "1"

Loving that day-glow-road workman chelsea away kit!

Currently listening to:
joediddly

posted on 6-8-2007 at 22:01 Reply With Quote
I think that, despite the loss of Henry (altho as Fergie says, you really lost him in September), you'll do better this season than last.

Currently listening to:
dunnerz

posted on 8-8-2007 at 09:29 Reply With Quote
You head the rubbish that Mourinho came out with today - complaining about all his injuries and that he only had 11 players in for training this week - 350million and you can't even find any reserves to train with - shocking.

I think nearly every other team in the premiership can 'make up numbers' with reserves/youths, why can't Chelsea!!

Currently listening to:
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

Not logged in
Last active: Never

Website developed by Simon Dyson 2003
Forum powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final Beta (Build: 14120211PM)
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group 2002
Processed in 0.2864711 seconds, 60 queries
Bad Behavior has blocked 236 access attempts in the last 7 days.